Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Package Sizes
Is it really necessary to send a compact from Artistry in a box of several thousand times the volume with enough starch peanuts to feed a small country?

Confusedcratch:

Just one, slightly exaggerated example, but in my market, I have seen what appears to be way over-accommodating packing methods.

Anyone experience the same or know why it might be?

Would it be faster/safer/cheaper/"greener" to use more size-appropriate packaging?
Amway North America actually got highlighted a year or two back for being one of the best at packaging to appropriate size.

http://amwayglobalnews.com/pr/awg/ag_rec...aging.aspx

Which, as per our other discussion, doesn't mean there's not room for improvement!
Awesome info, IBOFB! Thanks!

Might just be a fluke...
Wearyeyed Wrote:Awesome info, IBOFB! Thanks!

Might just be a fluke...

It's isn't a fluke. Don't EVEN get me started. Rolleyes

The last reason I was given was that is was actually cheaper for them to send stuff in those sized boxes.

But, crazily, I recently received, for the first time ever, three bottles of supplements in a padded envelope. So who knows what's going on...
Whenever I have asked, I was told that they save money because they only keep two sizes of boxes and they can stack/ship easier with them all being the same dimensions. It would be great to see items coming in padded envelopes though...