Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positrim Protein Bars
[attachment=0] I love the positrim protein bars, particularly the choc-mint one! But the packaging??? Well, the boxes look they were designed in the 80s and stayed there. The actual wrapping of the protein bars themselves? Early 80s, East Germany! Functional and extremely boring - and the wrong size!

If you follow any of the weightloss programs, like Amway Europe's Lifestyle Balanced Solution program, then the advice is to eat half a bar. Oh yeah, some guy is struggling with weightloss, and probably self-control, and you want him to open a yummy chocolate bar and then eat only half?

How about making them half the size - make them thinner and less wide, and a similar height. The packaging won't be that much more, but they'll (a) be easier to eat (b) customers will feel like they're getting twice as much! What would you prefer, a box of 9 protein bars for 31€ or a box of 18 protein bars for 31€?

I don't think I've shown the box to a single customer who didn't ask how much they were per bar ..... let's halve the price! That's what customers look at, price per bar, not price per gram.

Attached Files

.jpg   positrim_protein_bars.jpg (Size: 22.91 KB / Downloads: 1,620)
IBOFB - you are on a roll - I agree again - But this is what happens when you people/staff who live in offices and not the real world in daily contact with PEOPLE - :rotfl: :rotfl:
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
And that's why I setup the "Suggestion box" forum area. So post up your suggestions! :hello:
These are the same boxes (and non-individually labeled wrappers) that appeared in the U.S./Canada around 2001.

I believe it wasn't until 2006 or 2007 that the new (and current) look came out.
Bridgett Wrote:These are the same boxes (and non-individually labeled wrappers) that appeared in the U.S./Canada around 2001.

I believe it wasn't until 2006 or 2007 that the new (and current) look came out.

Well those boxes ARE the current look in this part of the world, and packaged in Ada I believe. I search on Amway.com for "protein" doesn't find anything remotely similar.
Found it, Nutrilite Meal Bar

But completely different flavours and packaging. We have 9x60g bars, choc-mint, caramel-vanilla, orange.

The AG ones seem to be 12x52grams with just slightly less calories - they could probably be smaller too.
ibofightback Wrote:Found it, Nutrilite Meal Bar

But completely different flavours and packaging. We have 9x60g bars, choc-mint, caramel-vanilla, orange.

The AG ones seem to be 12x52grams with just slightly less calories - they could probably be smaller too.

Right. You have the "old" bars. Like two or three generations past. I really miss my chocolate mint protein bars. :cry:

All those came out in the states in Jan 2001. And they were co-branded under Nutrilite and "Trim Advantage" (rather than Positrim, which was phased out).

Then in July of 2007, most of those bars were phased out, and replaced by "Protein Snack Bars." They tasted good, and were slightly less expensive (b/c they were smaller).

Oddly, they completely took off the Nutrilite name, and were just "Trim."

Two years later, late 2009, the two remaining protein bars (from 2001) were discontinued, and all those "protein snack bars" (from 2007) went bye-bye.

And we now have the bars that you see on the AG site--The "Nutrilite Meal Bars" and the "Nutrilite Snack Bars." All now branded under Nutrilite.

The only one that is like the ones you have, an actual PROTEIN BAR, is the Fudgy Brownie with Almonds Nutrilite Snack Bar. This is the exact same bar as the one that has been around since 2001. The problem is that it's now half the size and costs more per gram. So more packaging, and a higher price.

Regardless, the packaging is nice. Smile
Out of all the various different bars we've had over the years, the Trim Advantage protein bars were my favorite. They were big and "meaty", with a hefty amount of protein, and no sugar. Those were the only bars that could actually stave off my hunger. The current ones are called "meal bars". Ha! "Meal addition" bars for me. (I'm not trying to loose weight--I'm 5' 8" and 130 pounds.) A speaker at a recent function was making fun of them as if they were "Shaq bars" (sp?). "If you wanted some fillings or crowns removed, those bars would do the trick." No, those bars were good! They came out with a lot of different flavors too, which made them fun.

I haven't bothered much with the fudgey brownie with almonds protein snack bars, since they're so small. Good for snacks at meetings though.
They did eventually change the packaging on the Trim Advantage protein bars from active people to pictures of the main ingredients in the bars--chocolate, strawberries, bananas, peanuts, etc. That made more sense.

Why does Amway offer different products in different markets? I realize the formula for Double X varies with location because people in different parts of the world eat different foods. But what about the different versions of the other products? :dontknow:
There's cultural differences in tastes too. Even Coca-Cola doesn't taste the same everywhere. I find Amway's food products for the American market are WAAAYYYYYY too sweet.