Hello There, Guest!

•  Previous
  • 1 ...
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequently asked questions
Deb, I have to say that you are one of the only sane voices 'crying out in the wilderness.' (If this forum is any indication of Amway as a whole, that number is growing)

On one hand there is the tape-quoting, rose colored glasses wearing, kool aid drinking ibo in his blue suit, white shirt and red tie who can see no evil. On the other hand you have the conspirirists who see an Amway boogey man behind every rock.

I think your perspective shows that the truth is somewhere in the middle. And it has helped bring encouragement and closure to countless people.
OK - you guys are all making me blush Blush

I guess I'm just trying to say I usually know what I'm talking about regarding the past - and I'm learning about the future by talking to all of YOU!! (And it's pretty exciting - it would have thrilled my Grandfather to death to read what many of you are doing) :yahoo: :yahoo:

And as far as someone telling me I'm an idiot....oh come on Tongue I raised 7 kids - 5 of whom were teenaged daughters. There's NOTHING scarier than THAT :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
IBOFB said: IMO one of the key problems with the Britt/Yager system setups in the past was that the payouts were based not on BSM volume, which would naturally fluctuate with group size and Amway volume, but on "ever achieved" pin level. In a volume based setup, if your Amway business shrinks, your BSM volume shrinks and so does your BSM rebate percentage. In a "pin" based system, if your Amway business shrinks, your BSM volume may shrink, but the percentage stays the same - once a Diamond always a Diamond - this means that if your Amway business shrinks then the BSM income automatically becomes an increasingly larger percentage of your income, so even if initially the Amway income was the most important, it may not stay that way. B/Y was moving away from that system, I don't know if it's happened completely or not. Other issues of course came with all the different back room deals and people getting skipped over etc etc. It was those shenanigans that lead to most of the lawsuits.

BWW is cash and carry. I think most US LOAs still are? It is not strange to hear platinums saying they give their uplines a blank checkbook. Basically, i'ts like the old Amway system pre-quixtar. I wasn't there so I don't understand. It is encouraged that tools be passed down in bulkd, i.e. if you have 6 SOTs, you pick up for and pay your upline for all 6 CDs.

Platinums order from upline Diamonds, it might have switched to ordering directly from BWW I don't know.

Also, the "highest pin ever" vs. real pin was one of the reasons that BWW splintered in 2005-2006. Those that favored "highest pin ever" system stayed in BWW, many of the ones that left switched over to a "current pin" system of compensation.

Keeping the thread on-topic, some good FAQ questions:

- Is it true I can retire and be financially free in this business?
- How much time does it really take?
- Is it a job?
- I've read that you have to solicit strangers in bookstores or the mall. Is that true?
- What's so great about Nutrilite? [don't know if we can find a way to answer that in a paragraph or so. ]

Also want to say I like the exchange of ideas and discussion recently. This is a great idea.
superseiyan Wrote:Also, the "highest pin ever" vs. real pin was one of the reasons that BWW splintered in 2005-2006. Those that favored "highest pin ever" system stayed in BWW, many of the ones that left switched over to a "current pin" system of compensation.

I think there's a darker side to "once a Diamond, always a Diamond": there's been shenanigans pulled in order to gain that much-ballyhooed level in an AMO?? Including illegal activities: the Shaws of Michigan who had some sort of land-development scheme that bilked their neighbors out of hundreds of thousands of dollars - and the money was being used to buy products to gain a Diamondship, because that's when the good tool money kicked into effect.

I'm pretty sure I've read of other people who were so desperate to get to Diamond, that they ended up in jail.

It's hard to run your business from Jail, however.
  •  Previous
  • 1 ...
  •