Hello There, Guest!

•  Previous
  • Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequently asked questions
ajgannon Wrote:
Wearyeyed Wrote:But, for the record, if someone I was prospecting FOR Amway DID say, "Is this Amway?", you should know from my previous posts I would likely take the unpopular approach and ask them what they know about Amway before deciding to continue, or run away.

Yes, I know you well, Wearyeyed. I wanted you to clarify your comment for the sake of some of the other readers. There's been so much criticism of IBOs denying it's Amway, I didn't want anyone to use these comments against us. Deb has been giving us some very nice compliments lately, regarding our integrity.

Flat-out denial we are a part of Amway is flat-out wrong.

It's that "grey" area of trying to sort out where a question like, "Is this Amway?" (based on a nondescript suggestion of a possible business opportunity) is coming from that gets the forum threads all tied in knots. Wink
ajgannon Wrote:The kind of "LOL" that the villain in the movies cackles after violently doing away with a nice character.

Don't you mean "MUUUU..HAHAHAHAHA!" while he rubs his hands together?
I'm serious, Mich!

Was it yours?

It seriously is one of those early-when-I-was-weak-in-my-conviction lines that has haunted me...pretty...darn...well.
MichMan Wrote:
ajgannon Wrote:The kind of "LOL" that the villain in the movies cackles after violently doing away with a nice character.

Don't you mean "MUUUU..HAHAHAHAHA!" while he rubs his hands together?

Exactly!

By the way, if you readers out there don't know what we're having fun about, read some blog comment sections where Tex is posting.
Weary, that using the "amway lines" on prospects for your other business is seriously funny and just a little twisted! Which is pretty much what I've come to expect from you :rotfl:

I believe the original quote about "why join Amway, bad reputation blah blah blah" comes from Ty Tribble.

The answer being "cause I want to work with a company that has lasted long enough to at least get some kind of reputation, unlike most you're involved with Ty!"
ibofightback Wrote:Weary, that using the "amway lines" on prospects for your other business is seriously funny and just a little twisted! Which is pretty much what I've come to expect from you :rotfl:

It was a pretty funny idea when it first struck me to do it, but it is a little stale now, especially that it is only best served against another supposedly "business-minded, entrepreneurial-type" person, and they sadly refuse to say to me, "Is this Amway?"

But, I keep hoping, because, "No, it's not Amway! What is wrong with you?" is just something I have to say to someone with "business credentials" at least once in my life.

I just hafta'.

And, if it was Ty (and your rebuttal is excellent), I hate myself for reading his crap at a time when I shouldn't have been reading ANY crap.

Thank God I have never had to address the topic with a prospect; I would be otherwise unarmed, and unprepared.

"Really, no, it's gonna' be just find! Sure, you have to manage more crap, more ignorance, more moldy, old complaints, and a WHOLE bunch more ridicule. But, just think! It's all BECAUSE we are so awesome!...Um, hello....?"
Wearyeyed Wrote:
ibofightback Wrote:Weary, that using the "amway lines" on prospects for your other business is seriously funny and just a little twisted! Which is pretty much what I've come to expect from you :rotfl:

It was a pretty funny idea when it first struck me to do it, but it is a little stale now, especially that it is only best served against another supposedly "business-minded, entrepreneurial-type" person, and they sadly refuse to say to me, "Is this Amway?"

But, I keep hoping, because, "No, it's not Amway! What is wrong with you?" is just something I have to say to someone with "business credentials" at least once in my life.

I just hafta'.

I think you've lost me. I am missing the funniness of feigning being offended or shocked or whatever by someone asking if it's Amway.

Confusedcratch:
Bridgett Wrote:I think you've lost me. I am missing the funniness of feigning being offended or shocked or whatever by someone asking if it's Amway.

Confusedcratch:

That's what I was getting at when I first confronted Wearyeyed earlier on this thread, before I was having fun joking with MichMan. There seems to be an assumption that the question "Is it Amway?" is a stupid question, never asked by prospects qualified to take a look at our opportunity. What if the guy or gal is hoping it is Amway? Are you going to know that based on body language or tone of voice? Would it really be worth lying to someone, or possibly loosing a customer or business partner just for kicks? If it's worth it to Wearyeyed, who am I to judge?

Bridgett, weird alert! Weird alert!
ajgannon Wrote:Bridgett, weird alert! Weird alert!

Exactly!!! Big Grin
:help:

Bridgett Wrote:
ajgannon Wrote:Bridgett, weird alert! Weird alert!

Exactly!!! Big Grin

No kidding...I am glad to provide you folks with an outlet to focus all that corrective energy.

I see your point, and I apologize in advance to that one person who may someday genuinely wish to be a customer or IBO of Amway while I am prospecting him to lease commercial retail space, who is unfortunately driven away by my shallow and callous remark of, "No, this is NOT Amway! What is wrong with you?"

That would truly be weird.
  •  Previous
  • Next 
  •