Hello There, Guest!

•  Previous
  • Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequently asked questions
How about a nice synopsis, as part of the FAQs, briefly describing why, if Amway has "so" much potential, makes "so" much sense, and can offer people opportunity they might otherwise never have access to, does it raise the hair on the backs of many a person who hears the word?

And, most importantly, some unbiased words of direction for those people who need such encouragement to research, think, and decide for themselves.

As much as I love what we do, and as much as I am DAILY more convinced this model in general, and Amway in particular, is possibly the best use of someone's income-producing time, I am haunted by a comment someone made years ago (maybe JoeCool, maybe Tex), which I paraphrase, but hopefully capture the essence:

"If someone wanted to part of the industry, why would they choose to be with the one company that has, by far, the best name-recognition, but with the worst possible (popular) reputation."

It amuses me that so many critics suggest the curiosity approach, or even half-way well-formed invites often illicit, "is this Amway?", when, in fact, there are thousands of other businesses in the industry, or even opportunities in general, that might (and DO!) employ approaches that are equally subject to such an inquiry, but seldom get it...

I often approach potential business tenants who already lease space outside of my control with casual conversation, and a final call something to the effect, "You know, now is not the time, but I have a few business ideas I would love to run past you over a cup of coffee. Are you open to other ideas?" (remember, I am often in "enemy territory" and find it in bad-form to try to woo someone from a competitor's property while ON their property...)

Sometimes I use these kinds of approaches specifically for the opportunity to respond with, "No, it's not Amway. Where the Hell did THAT come from?" but, to be fair, I have never met anyone of significant quality who responded to me with that kind of question, but it does seem to be the popular come-back in the culture of skeptics...

Anyway, back to the main idea: one place, no B.S., simple to understand, "This is what we do, this is what it takes, these are some of the pitfalls that cause people to be negative, this is why you hear so much about it and why it can seem SO many people think negatively about it, and this is what you can do to see things from a more accurate perspective."

There's nothing magic in what we do; most people are factually doing 80% of what we do already, but surrendering 100% of any profit potential to some other business that happens to be doing the 20% they're not.

No kidding.
Wearyeyed Wrote:"If someone wanted to part of the industry, why would they choose to be with the one company that has, by far, the best name-recognition, but with the worst possible (popular) reputation."

I'm a used-car salesperson. (pause for laughing/hissing/booing)

Rebuttal: Maybe being an Amway IBO taught me to enjoy rejection Tongue

OK - seriously: I believe that once people become convinced that you are a person of honor and integrity - the reputation of your business genre no longer matters. And since I'm finding a LOT of people on this forum who are breaking away from that old "Amway Salesperson" stereotype - I think the reputation is going to clear up. I think IBOFB knows he has to touch on the ugly past - but stress the "new day coming"
NIce to see you back Wearyeyed :grin:
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
Wearyeyed Wrote:Sometimes I use these kinds of approaches specifically for the opportunity to respond with, "No, it's not Amway. Where the Hell did THAT come from?" but, to be fair, I have never met anyone of significant quality who responded to me with that kind of question, but it does seem to be the popular come-back in the culture of skeptics...

I don't understand your point here, Wearyeyed. I'm expecting that if you respond with "No, it's not Amway", you have disqualified the suspect, and therefore are being truthful, because you decided not to discuss Amway with him/her. But how do you know for sure that the suspect had a negative impression of Amway? Also, what if you meet this person in the future, and he/she convicts you of being an Amway distributor from overwhelming evidence that you neglected to hide? Plus, even people who are negative towards the industry sometimes become loyal customers. I have a neighbor who was quite negative when I contacted him with "a business approach". Later I tried again, this time with a product approach. Again he was very negative about the prices. However, despite his complaining he's still been ordering SA8 laundry detergent from me for several years. (There's one Amway product that MichMan can't live without.) Smile
ajgannon Wrote:
Wearyeyed Wrote:Sometimes I use these kinds of approaches specifically for the opportunity to respond with, "No, it's not Amway. Where the Hell did THAT come from?" but, to be fair, I have never met anyone of significant quality who responded to me with that kind of question, but it does seem to be the popular come-back in the culture of skeptics...

I don't understand your point here, Wearyeyed. I'm expecting that if you respond with "No, it's not Amway", you have disqualified the suspect, and therefore are being truthful, because you decided not to discuss Amway with him/her. But how do you know for sure that the suspect had a negative impression of Amway? Also, what if you meet this person in the future, and he/she convicts you of being an Amway distributor from overwhelming evidence that you neglected to hide? Plus, even people who are negative towards the industry sometimes become loyal customers. I have a neighbor who was quite negative when I contacted him with "a business approach". Later I tried again, this time with a product approach. Again he was very negative about the prices. However, despite his complaining he's still been ordering SA8 laundry detergent from me for several years. (There's one Amway product that MichMan can't live without.) Smile

WAYYYYY too much thought regarding what I said; was obviously not clear.

I approach people using language similar to, if not identical to, the typical "Amway curiosity approach" ALL the time for business purposes NOT associated with Amway (or MLM for that matter).

I do it, sometimes, out of sheer morbid curiosity to have someone say to me, "Is this Amway?" because it is my assertion that people familiar with business behaving in a professional manner simply do not ask that kind of question when opportunity knocks, and I would LOVE the chance to retort, "No, this is NOT Amway! What is wrong with you? (Or, "Where the hell did THAT come from!?")

That is all; and I have yet to be successful during the "curiosity approach" to get an, "Is this Amway?" out of anyone I would be interested in working with.

But, for the record, if someone I was prospecting FOR Amway DID say, "Is this Amway?", you should know from my previous posts I would likely take the unpopular approach and ask them what they know about Amway before deciding to continue, or run away.
Wearyeyed Wrote:As much as I love what we do, and as much as I am DAILY more convinced this model in general, and Amway in particular, is possibly the best use of someone's income-producing time, I am haunted by a comment someone made years ago (maybe JoeCool, maybe Tex), which I paraphrase, but hopefully capture the essence:

"If someone wanted to part of the industry, why would they choose to be with the one company that has, by far, the best name-recognition, but with the worst possible (popular) reputation."

Can't be from Tex. It doesn't mention "LCK's". Tex has often been supportive of the industry and the Amway brands. Recently when he realized that Amway wasn't going to support his cause, he claimed that all Amway employees are going straight to hell, along with the "LCK's", because he assumes the evidence is clear as day, and all are without excuse.
Wearyeyed Wrote:But, for the record, if someone I was prospecting FOR Amway DID say, "Is this Amway?", you should know from my previous posts I would likely take the unpopular approach and ask them what they know about Amway before deciding to continue, or run away.

Yes, I know you well, Wearyeyed. I wanted you to clarify your comment for the sake of some of the other readers. There's been so much criticism of IBOs denying it's Amway, I didn't want anyone to use these comments against us. Deb has been giving us some very nice compliments lately, regarding our integrity.
ajgannon Wrote:
Wearyeyed Wrote:I am haunted by a comment someone made years ago (maybe JoeCool, maybe Tex), which I paraphrase, but hopefully capture the essence:

Can't be from Tex. It doesn't mention "LCK's".

Wearyeyed, can you remember if that post end with "LOL" ?

lol
MichMan Wrote:
ajgannon Wrote:
Wearyeyed Wrote:I am haunted by a comment someone made years ago (maybe JoeCool, maybe Tex), which I paraphrase, but hopefully capture the essence:

lol

I don't. But it has at least some validity, doesn't it?

Why, was it yours?

LOL
MichMan Wrote:
ajgannon Wrote:

lol

The kind of "LOL" that the villain in the movies cackles after violently doing away with a nice character.
  •  Previous
  • Next 
  •