Hello There, Guest!

• Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequently asked questions
I've had a request if I could do a "frequently asked questions" type of article on TTAA, similar to the kind of thing on ibofacts.com. I've had that in mind for a long time, might be time to do it! Any suggestions on topics to be addressed? Some ideas ...

* Is Amway a cult?
* Is it true Diamonds and above make most of their money from selling "tools"?
* Are the products more expensive than the competitors?
* Is there a 99% failure rate?

your turn!
Q: Is it true that there is no registration fee to start an Amway business in Ireland??
A: YES
Q: Is it true that there is no requirement to have products in stock in order to sell them??
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
RW1 Wrote:Q: Is it true that there is no registration fee to start an Amway business in Ireland??

A bit too market specific!

Quote:Q: Is it true that there is no requirement to have products in stock in order to sell them??

good question.

Another, since I just encountered this on youtube -

* nobody makes any money with Amway.
ibofightback Wrote:* nobody makes any money with Amway.

(Indignant snort) Uh-huh. I know for a fact that all our personal downline was making money, because they were RETAILERS. And you may use us as an example.

Regarding it being a cult - of course it's not; but I think you should address the "Motivational Junkies" - those people who simply get high on the attitudes/atmosphere surrounding some AMOs. There ARE some who get a little too "caught up" in the whole thing, causing their behavior to scare those around them.....
Deb Wrote:
ibofightback Wrote:* nobody makes any money with Amway.

(Indignant snort) Uh-huh. I know for a fact that all our personal downline was making money, because they were RETAILERS. And you may use us as an example.

Regarding it being a cult - of course it's not; but I think you should address the "Motivational Junkies" - those people who simply get high on the attitudes/atmosphere surrounding some AMOs. There ARE some who get a little too "caught up" in the whole thing, causing their behavior to scare those around them.....

I would agree with Deb here on this sentiment. From a strictly financial perspective, it is often times these "junkies" that are not financial responsible. They often times go into debt with both personal products from A/G (some of which they don't really need), or from excessive tool purchases.

Perhaps a topic on being financially responsible would be good. Doing it for your business and developing a true individual game plan for yourself and sticking to it. Using your discretionary income to fund your business, or as Deb and Bridgett point out RETAIL SOME FRIGGIN products like a REAL business would. Just my two cents.
It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. --Roosevelt
Deb Wrote:Regarding it being a cult - of course it's not; but I think you should address the "Motivational Junkies" - those people who simply get high on the attitudes/atmosphere surrounding some AMOs. There ARE some who get a little too "caught up" in the whole thing, causing their behavior to scare those around them.....

My answer, "Amway is not a cult. But there are many large AMOs that still teach people to be weird."
MichMan Wrote:
Deb Wrote:Regarding it being a cult - of course it's not; but I think you should address the "Motivational Junkies" - those people who simply get high on the attitudes/atmosphere surrounding some AMOs. There ARE some who get a little too "caught up" in the whole thing, causing their behavior to scare those around them.....

My answer, "Amway is not a cult. But there are many large AMOs that still teach people to be weird."

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I have contemplated doing a vlog (video blog) of all the weirdness I've encountered (not just with Amway peeps, but other MLMers who've approached my husband or me).

I think people learn greatly by seeing a slightly exaggerated version of what NOT to do.

But I think I'm just too embarrassed for these folks to re-create it on something so permanent as video and/or audio. Blush
Along the same lines as "no stocking", I think a question about that there is no minimum purchase requirement would be good.

And another thing would be about the perception of Amway and the Amway name.

From my personal experience, I have never found (in person) anyone to be downright negative about Amway. Some are amused by how they were approached by some Amway people. But not a single person have I met who was negative.

And many don't even know what Amway is. And I live less than three hours from Ada. Go figure.
Another good topic would be the whole "I don't want to do it because I would have to sell to my friends"

Such a misrepresentation of what Amway is....or should be anyway.
It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. --Roosevelt
ibofightback Wrote:* Is it true Diamonds and above make most of their money from selling "tools"?

Here's another one that shouldn't be denied, since there are old court cases that show that some folks DID make more from tools back in the '80's/90's. However, I would hope that Accreditation and the "Exodus" a few years ago have done away with most of those folks???? Let's face it - if openness/honesty was going to significantly alter their income.....well, it was time for them to go :grin:
  • Next 
  •