Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Action Needed Against Critc Site
Over the past several weeks there has been a vast improvement when using search engines for the term "Amway Global", in regards to critic sites coming up. ("Amway" and "Quixtar" still have multiple negative sites found when using search engines) One site, however, that still pops up is the destroyamway.blogspot by Scoobie Davis. I am in no way against people having different view points, in fact, I encourage varying opinions and discussion (hopefully keeping things civil.) But this site, with its obvious biases, is in violation of guidelines set by many of the more popular search engines. A month or so ago I viewed a couple of his posts, very little substance and little to zero discussion/comments from viewers, but discovered something interesting. I found him bragging about a certain "google bomb" strategy that he claims credit for, even though Google themselves frown on such behavior.

Following are the posts I mentioned: (Copy and paste URL, purposely not linking to site) :grin:

destroyamway.blogspot.com/2007/10/amways-war-on-bloggers-as-cult-expert.html

scoobiedavis.blogspot.com/2007/01/victory-against-amwayquixtaralticor-i.html

googlebombproject.blogspot.com/2005/12/google-bomb-amwayquixtar.html

I sent this info over to the IBOAI board. They said action is being taken. I also contacted Google complaning about this particular site and its abuse of "google bombing" and "link schemes". :nono:
Below is a link to Google guidelines and a form users can send with any site complaints. I have already sent a couple complaints myself. I encourage all IBOs to take a few minutes and file a complaint. The more complaints received, the more likely they'll take action.

Search term in question: "Amway Global"
Site comitting violation: destroyamway.blogspot.com
Specific violations: "google bombing", "link schemes"
Comments: (copy above 3 URLs for proof of violations)

Googles guidelines:

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters...swer=35769

http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html
Really?! Interesting... I remember watching a TV episode of some crime show, and an investigator had mentioned that many serial killers show up to the victims funeral. They some how get a high or ego boost from the reaction. I would think the same thing would be said about this too. This person decides he's not getting enough attention, so he Googlebombs for Quixtar/Amway Global and brags about it.

I know these posts are 2007, but he states that he's not bragging because he's taking on a billion dollar company but because he's giving people information. He believes it to be the right information. Sadly, most of these sites are opinions and many are ex-ibos who had bad business ethics or were taught bad business practices. Not a single site that he links away too are show any positive side to Alticor, which is really sad. Some folks try it ("no try, only do" -Yoda) it doesn't work (DUH!) and get depressed and quit. Others don't like it and go work with a different company and love that. Others have a bad experience with a couple people in their group, turn their anger towards the company and blame the company regardless of whether they talk to the company about getting a new upline.

As always, as you said TWS, having a dissenting viewpoint will allow the whole group make the right choice. Sadly, it's pointed out that this blogger wishes to have their preferred searches up on Google. We've experienced the difficulty with editing Wikipedia and that's one of the few places where people can get an opinion about a company with minimal bias. Or really the bias of the group. And this blogger's bias is extremely apparent.
TWS,

Thanks for the info, I just logged my complaint.
All it takes for the forces of evil to rule this world is for enough good people to do nothing.
Sending a complaint is a good start. And I don't think there is any harm in sending more than one. I believe that if someone has an actual account with Google, that may have more priority with the complaint. Also, tell others about this site and its questionable behavior so they can also file a complaint.
Awwww, man.....

I have GOT to learn to take my time when reading...

I saw, "Action Needed Against Critic" and, well...let's just say I am REALLY trying to find a way to explain having missed "Site".

:club:

Anyone have a lawyer in their business? :beg:
Ahhhhh....the refreshing comedy of Wearyeyed! :rotfl: :clapping: :rotfl: :clapping:

.....it took me two or three readings to catch the humor. :grin:
I always enjoy your posts Weareyed.

By the way, red or blue pill? :grin:
All it takes for the forces of evil to rule this world is for enough good people to do nothing.
Complaints against this kind of site is increasing day by day and i think a legislation is required in this field of eBusiness as every one is becoming more aware of this criticism.
TWS Wrote:I sent this info over to the IBOAI board. They said action is being taken.

Bold emphasis mine. The owner of the website needs to be afraid. Be very, VERY afraid :good:
I am in no way against people having different view points, in fact, I encourage varying opinions and discussion (hopefully keeping things civil.) But this site, with its obvious biases, is in violation of guidelines set by many of the more popular search engines.