Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monavie v. Xowii
Looks like Monavie's "open door policy" isn't working as well as Dallin Larsen hoped.
History repeating? It reminds me of the legal battles between Amway and Monavie after the TEAM dispute.

Salt Lake Tribune:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14065793?IADID=Search-www.sltrib.com-www.sltrib.com">http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14065793?IADID ... sltrib.com</a><!-- m -->

Ty Tribble wrote a blog about it.
I don't know if the allegations in the lawsuit are true.

But the way the Salt Lake Tribune writes about it, it appears that Dallin and MonaVie take issue, if the allegations are true, that lies are being used to "steal" the distributors away.

The issue, it would appear, if Dallin and MonaVie are telling the truth, is not that distributors are leaving, but that alledged lies about MonaVie, are the cause of such leaving.

Granted, I don't know what the real truth is, and quite frankly, I don't care. But I just thought I'd point that out.

(By the way, it is misleading to use cumulative sales figures, rather than annual sales figures. I'm referring to this quote about MonaVie-- "It says its sales approached $1 billion in 2008..." JuicePlus used to pull that. Listing their total sales of NSA, all the way from 1970. But within the last year or so, they've pulled down the site that used that language. Hopefully their distributors have also stopped repeating such nonsense.)
Legal issues aside....

Where did they come up with a name like Xowii... pronounced "Zowie"?

Sounds like something from an old Batman rerun.

[Image: kapow_web.jpg]
ajgannon Wrote:Looks like Monavie's "open door policy" isn't working as well as Dallin Larsen hoped.
History repeating? It reminds me of the legal battles between Amway and Monavie after the TEAM dispute.

Oh, the irony of it all Wink :rotfl: Tongue
Deb Wrote:
ajgannon Wrote:Looks like Monavie's "open door policy" isn't working as well as Dallin Larsen hoped.

Oh, the irony of it all Wink :rotfl: Tongue

Next you know they'll be suing each other over the fruits they use - :rotfl: :rotfl: bit jammy that
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
MichMan, that's great! I was thinking along those same lines regarding the goofy-sounding name.
Bridgett Wrote:(By the way, it is misleading to use cumulative sales figures, rather than annual sales figures. I'm referring to this quote about MonaVie-- "It says its sales approached $1 billion in 2008..."

That's good to know. I saw that $1 billion figure used in another news article about Monavie (I think it was in Newsweek), and I assumed it meant annual sales. I was thinking, wow, Monavie should be regarded as serious competition.

So the point of the first part of your comment is that, if the allegations are true, Monavie would certainly be justified in suing Xowii and the offending distributors, regardless of Monavie's "open door policy". The subtitle of Ty's blog "Dallin Larsen looses all credibility" is probably too strong of a statement based on the lack of verifiable facts. My only point in bringing this news up is that Larsen believed that Monavie's lax contract (compared to Amway's restrictive no-competes and such) would build trust between Monavie and its distributors, and/or ex-distributors. This doesn't seem to have played out properly in the situation described in the news article.
I really don't see how Dallin could lose any credibility by suing the other organization, or individuals, for spreading lies. The "open door policy" is to give the distributors the freedom to leave if they choose. The lawsuit is about people spreading lies about the company. They aren't suing the distributors for leaving. There is a big difference there.
Yes, I think Ty Tribble has taken the lawsuit too far in his accusations. It's apparently about spreading falsehoods, not about competing per se.

There you go ss, we're pretty much all on the side of MV in this one! Big Grin
ibofightback Wrote:Yes, I think Ty Tribble has taken the lawsuit too far in his accusations. It's apparently about spreading falsehoods, not about competing per se.

There you go ss, we're pretty much all on the side of MV in this one! Big Grin

:good:
LOL

I think the distinction is pretty clear. But, some people will always try to twist the story to try to make others look bad.
I think we all know people in other areas of our lives like that too... :lol: