Hello There, Guest!

•  Previous
  • 1 ...
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scheibeler's testimonials - some math help please
MichMan Wrote:Two things.

First of all most people are smart enough to sort out the good information from the bad. The ones who are not smart enough to form their own opinions about Amway are probably the same ones who would be easily taken advantage of by certain unscrupulous LOAs. So Amway is probably better off without them anyway. The ones who read both sides and still decide to go ahead with Amway will do so with a level of knowledge and understanding that has been lacking in large part in many LOAs in the US.

While I agree - I think IBOFB was pointing out that in HIS area, there's not many "pro" websites written in Swedish?? THAT changes everything - and not for the good.

Of course, my response is: so make more "pro" websites in Swedish, IBOFB.... Tongue Wink (Having Scandanavian roots myself - I find the languages IMPOSSIBLE to decipher, ya?)
Deb Wrote:While I agree - I think IBOFB was pointing out that in HIS area, there's not many "pro" websites written in Swedish?? THAT changes everything - and not for the good.

Of course, my response is: so make more "pro" websites in Swedish, IBOFB.... Tongue Wink (Having Scandanavian roots myself - I find the languages IMPOSSIBLE to decipher, ya?)

Yeah, easier said that done. I can read Swedish OK, I can speak Swedish OK, but writing it .... nah. Sad

Cleaning up the english Wikipedia article to something approaching a "balanced" article was one of the most exhausting things I've ever done. The anti-amway/mlm zealots fight every step of the way. Anyone who says anything negative about Amway is an instant expert who deserves to be cited in the article. Anyone who says anything positive? Clearly a paid biased shill that can't be trusted and has no place in an encyclopedia :glare:

We started trying to work on the swedish one, doing no more than translating stuff across from english. According to Wikipedia guidelines all articles in all languages should be roughly the same, but no way in the world will the swedish editors allow that to happen. They have a nice newspaper article where Scheibeler, FitzPatrick, and Taylor were the "experts" and that's what the article is going to be based on. You know - the article Scheibeler had to apologise for because he essentially said *Amway* had threatened him and his family. Of course, the paper never published Scheibeler's retraction did they.

We did manage to get some more info into the swedish article, but it was absolutely exhausting. The problem is you need both the knowledge of Amway and the knowledge of Wikipedia's policies and guidelines as well as the energy (and language ability) to fight to the "highest levels" of wikipedia to get accurate, non-biased info in the article. My language skills aren't good enough, and I don't know if there's anyone who has the language skills and the knowledge of both Amway and Wikipedia.

So here in sweden, Wikipedia still has us as a "pyramid sales" cult. Sad

What's real irritating is that it would be *very* easy to get a few positive sites up on page 1 of google. One fellow, encouraged from this site, started a blog a while back just repeating some of the AmwayWatch and TTAA article and within no time it was on page 2 of google. Unfortunately he seems to have lost interest with that, and real power comes when you have a number of sites who support eachother with interlinking.

I simply fail to understand why the field leadership doesn't be proactive about it. Well, no, I do understand. It's damn time consuming and for any individual they'd be better off personally spending time out finding new people. But heck, if we could just get 10 guys doing one post a month and supporting eachothers sites - it would change the internet search landscape so fast it would make your head spin.

sigh

so yeah, I'll be starting up some swedish sites soon, step one is multi-lingual AmwayWiki.
ibofightback Wrote:I simply fail to understand why the field leadership doesn't be proactive about it. Well, no, I do understand. It's damn time consuming and for any individual they'd be better off personally spending time out finding new people. But heck, if we could just get 10 guys doing one post a month and supporting eachothers sites - it would change the internet search landscape so fast it would make your head spin.

Well, having the one person who:

*understood,
*finally got the IBOAI to understand, and
*had a plan,

die, doesn't help matters.
indeed. IBOAI is pretty much only focused on North America anyway, you minnows of the Amway World :hello:
Bridgett Wrote:Well, having the one person who:

*understood,
*finally got the IBOAI to understand, and
*had a plan,

die, doesn't help matters.

Who is this?
ibofightback Wrote:if we could just get 10 guys doing one post a month and supporting eachothers sites - it would change the internet search landscape so fast it would make your head spin.

sigh

so yeah, I'll be starting up some swedish sites soon, step one is multi-lingual AmwayWiki.

Believe it or not - I actually understand what you are saying!! After spending hours studying "Starting an Online Business (for Dummies)"....and if *I* - a certified Old Fart, can figure that out, surely you can corral 10 bright young Swedish folks into blogging???

Deb
SP75 Wrote:And remember, these dollars represent 1990 dollars. $3,300 in 1990 = $5,453 in 2009. Take the inflation into account and consider the bonus increases (3%->4%, 0.5%->1%).

If I remember my stats correctly, every 10 years a federal reserve note loses half of it's purchasing power.
Multimillionaire Wrote:
SP75 Wrote:And remember, these dollars represent 1990 dollars. $3,300 in 1990 = $5,453 in 2009. Take the inflation into account and consider the bonus increases (3%->4%, 0.5%->1%).

If I remember my stats correctly, every 10 years a federal reserve note loses half of it's purchasing power.

:offtopic:
ibofightback Wrote:
Multimillionaire Wrote:

:offtopic:

lol....how is my comment off topic? Confusedcratch: It ties in directly with what SP75 stated.
  •  Previous
  • 1 ...
  •