Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amway Global website links to Amway Watch
truly this business is amazing in today's world. I'm an Australia sitting in Stockholm, and tonight I've been showing the plan to a guy from Cambodia who is sitting in Helsinki, Finland. At the same time I'm started in the US and exchanging emails with my upline and a new IBO I'm sponsoring in the states as well as organising several US customers. Meanwhile I've fired another email off to my other upline in Australia asking for advice on another issue ....

Amazing.

International business is not just for jetsetters and Diamonds any more.

Still - important note to lurkers ... focus locally first! In-market distance groups can be expensive and time consuming to get going, and international is profitless until you've a decent sized local business! :this:
I'm clueless about such things. Did you have to get some kind of work visa, or fill out special paperwork, get a U.S. tax ID number ...?
ajgannon Wrote:I'm clueless about such things. Did you have to get some kind of work visa, or fill out special paperwork, get a U.S. tax ID number ...?

Unless (until) I actually go to the US to work I don't require a work visa as I'm not working there. I do however need to get a special non-resident tax number (ITIN) or Amway withhold all taxes from bonuses. However if/when income ever becomes significant what I'll likely do is register an LLC (limited liability company) or Corporation and transfer the IBOship to that.
Many critics laughed at you for your tiny business, and wondered how you could be such a voracious champion of the Amway opportunity and not reach any significant pin level. I had a hunch that all your work on-line--providing valuable information, and creating opportunities for on-line communities to form--would eventually pay off.
ajgannon Wrote:Many critics laughed at you for your tiny business

Which isn't as tiny as they think Smile, they found an aberration I didn't even know about! It was quite funny actually. Big Grin

Quote: and wondered how you could be such a voracious champion of the Amway opportunity and not reach any significant pin level.

Ironic thing is I reached a higher pin level that virtually all of the regular critics! It's always amazed me that in there eyes to be a "pro" commentator with authority you had to have a humungous business, but anyone at all is allowed to be a critic and taken seriously .... :dontknow:

Quote: I had a hunch that all your work on-line--providing valuable information, and creating opportunities for on-line communities to form--would eventually pay off.

Most of this actually has nothing to do with the TTAA network of sites. While I am fortunate enough to have timed things well to have (hopefully) got clearskin joining my team, I've had the US thing in the works for a while. The other stuff I mentioned has nothing to do with these sites, it's simply that various non-amway issues have resolved and I'm now an active building IBO and ABO again.
I didn't like how I said my last comment. I know, compared to the average IBO/ABO, you have reached significant levels in the business, IBOFightBack. What I meant is that I'm expecting the critics won't be laughing forever.
ajgannon Wrote:I didn't like how I said my last comment. I know, compared to the average IBO/ABO, you have reached significant levels in the business, IBOFightBack. What I meant is that I'm expecting the critics won't be laughing forever.

Yes, that's quite a big motivation actually Big Grin
ibofightback Wrote:Most of this actually has nothing to do with the TTAA network of sites.

Well, the way that I understand the Law of Sowing and Reaping, you don't always receive a harvest as a direct result of effort in one area. The harvest may pop up elsewhere. Maybe that doesn't make any sense, but this discussion made me think of it.
ajgannon Wrote:
ibofightback Wrote:Most of this actually has nothing to do with the TTAA network of sites.

Well, the way that I understand the Law of Sowing and Reaping, you don't always receive a harvest as a direct result of effort in one area. The harvest may pop up elsewhere. Maybe that doesn't make any sense, but this discussion made me think of it.

you better believe it .... I have to tell this story .... the Cambodian guy I mentioned may be a case of that harvest. He actually connected with my fiancee via a Kiyosaki related forum. This guy has been actively searching for a network marketing company thanks to teachings from Kiyosaki's courses. Now, while he'll build here in scandinavia, he regularly travels backward and forward to Cambodia. Normally this would be a problem as it's an unopened market. But get this - he's a government advisor on business and marketing with direct connections to the countries Prime Minister! He's even run seminars promoting the benefits of network marketing to government ministers, as well as runs real estate seminars and more. Amway willing this is a guy who can facilitate opening a market, not someone you have to reign is so he doesn't break Amway's rules. A very successful man in his own right already, and he *gets* network marketing.

In contrast, another lady I recently sponsored. She's been to one smallish seminar and had a home meeting. Very much into rah rah feel good type seminars (Robbins, T Harv Eker etc) and spends thousands going to them, as well as the Kiyosaki stuff on residual/passive incomes. Her home meeting didn't go so well, and to be honest we made a few mistakes too, but she's decided this isn't her thing because Amway is too slow a way to make a decent income. So instead she's gone into business with a friend. Here is how the conversation went yesterday ...

Us: Really, that's great, doing what?
Her: Well ... wey've incorporated a company.
Us: Great! What are you marketing?
Her: Oh, we've got a few ideas.
Us: Excellent! Have you got a business plan?
Her: Oh, no ... we'd really have to do different plans for all the different things ...
Us: Ok ... so what are you going to sell to make money?
Her: Umm ... I don't really know .... oh, but we've also started this other online business ...
Us: What's the website, can we have a look? What do they market?
Her: .... I'm not sure .... we've bought some cash machine too.
Us: A cash machine? What does it do? .
Her: ... umm ... I don't know .... but it will make money

Honestly, it was hilarious. No products, no business plan, no real ideas at all ... but they've opened a company! Rolleyes

The only seminar she went to featured some guys who went platinum within a couple of years, then emerald and have been pretty much living off it ever since, even after having moved countries ... twice.

But yeah, Amway is too slow a way to do that .... :dontknow:

hahaha, we'll still be here in a few years when she's learned! And contrary to the critics, she loves the products and is continuing to keep buying them, even places orders by herself. :thumbsup:
ibofightback Wrote:I do however need to get a special non-resident tax number (ITIN) or Amway withhold all taxes from bonuses.

30%, I believe is the amount. And that would be any and all monies--bonuses and retail profit from your customers.

ibofightback Wrote:However if/when income ever becomes significant what I'll likely do is register an LLC (limited liability company) or Corporation and transfer the IBOship to that.

And LLC? I thought that a person sets up an LLC more for liability protection, but still operates it as a Sole Proprietorship.

I was under the impression that an LLC is looked upon by the U.S. Government the same as a Sole Proprietorship (and fills out a Schedule C on their personal income tax returns) which is connected to a Social Security number.

But I'm sure you'll figure all that out in due time. Smile