Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocket - another clueless Amway critic
ajgannon Wrote:
MichMan Wrote:Maybe Amway's accredidation process has cramped their style so much that they cannot operate the way they once did. If so, bravo for Amway Corp.

I haven't seen any significant changes in function content and tool pricing pre- versus post accreditation.

I'm kinda sorry to read that......... some of the tapes I listened to (a decade ago) were a waste of time, IMO :banghead:
MichMan Wrote:BTW, my edit was made after your last post.

Cheers to you for allowing differing opinions on this site. :thumbsup:

I'm still kind of surprised he invited me here!!! He's knows I don't always agree with him, even if I think he's cute Wink
ajgannon Wrote:My main blunder in life so far is that I've failed to get a vivid dream and set clear goals. I wrote down this quote from an InterNet CD by Mark Gorman, but unfortunately I didn't see it often enough: "Without a vision every opportunity has the potential to determine your destination."

I somewhat disagree - I believe it's OK to muddle through, also?? Muddling still beats "stopping because I'm not properly inspired" - and sometimes, you can muddle quite a distance before something really lights your fire :yahoo:

Been there, done that Wink
ss3251 Wrote:Ajgannon,
I admire your honesty and willingness to be so open about your experiences. I think your last few posts were awesome, and I feel bad that they were lost in the rest of the mess found in this thread.

Thanks, ss3251. My posts may have been a little long, so to summarize: I was responding to MichMan's comment about people becoming more savvy from the exposure of the "dark underground of system abuses" (my paraphrase) by the Internet. My hope is that people don't become so savvy (like me) that they think they know more than their up-line Diamonds (who have what we want), try to do things their way, and continue to suffer from doubt, a low self-image, debt, and stress. The system really isn't all that expensive when I compare it to all the other stuff I've spent money on that hasn't contributed to my quality of life. I'm wondering if a lot of "adults" haven't grown up and taken responsibility for their choices and their position in the quality of life spectrum. Therefore, they criticize Amway and the systems, when maybe there were some things they refused to change, or some instructions they didn't follow, or a lack of consistency, that contributed to their failure.

I respect Jeffrey, who commented on TTAA, regarding this thread. He had issues with his up-line, a bunch of crap happened in his life, but he didn't quit. He adapted and is committed to making Amway work for him. He may be anti-systems, but he acknowledges that he still needs tools and training to grow his business. He's found a way to get what he needs directly from Amway.
Deb Wrote:
ajgannon Wrote:
MichMan Wrote:Maybe Amway's accredidation process has cramped their style so much that they cannot operate the way they once did. If so, bravo for Amway Corp.

I haven't seen any significant changes in function content and tool pricing pre- versus post accreditation.

I'm kinda sorry to read that......... some of the tapes I listened to (a decade ago) were a waste of time, IMO :banghead:

It's impossible for every single tape to be of value, just like every plan you show isn't going to produce fruit. The magic is in the consistency, which is the number one thing I need to master for my business to grow. (IBOFB has told the story many times about how he received a tape that he thought was the worst he ever heard, but his new down-line loved it.)

The point of my response to MichMan is that I doubt that accreditation has cramped the leaders' style, at least the ones in Yager/MDI, the system that I subscribe to. I've only heard positive comments from stage about accreditation. I know that the compensation plan for tool profit sharing has changed--it's volume-based rather than crusty old pin-based, similar to the Amway Global compensation plan; and it includes Gold producers in the game, rather than Platinums and above.
Bridgett Wrote:HOWEVER, I am surprised that ibofb thinks I'm avoiding backing up my claims, particularly on this thread, when I "let it all hang out" and out right called MichMan a liar. I've wanted to say that for a loooong time, but was being polite. Then when I actually DO call him a liar and take my precious time to back up my claim, ibofb states that I'm doing something, that I think is the equivalent of taking my marbles and going home. :confused:

Bridgett, if I missed where you backed it up, my apologies! This thread is going a bit fast paced for me to keep up with. One thing I try to do is give actual quotes with links back to the originals. And by the way - I agree with you, so it's not a criticism of your claim per se, just you do tend to get a little hotheaded sometimes - it's the red hair Big Grin

Not that I can talk - MichMan has driven me to much worse despair ... he's an expert at it! :eek:
ajgannon Wrote:

I take that back. There have been massive changes. I was referring to changes that might possibly cramp the leaders' style. Prices have come down for functions. However, functions don't last as long as they used to. Plus there's more free training in the form of on-line plans and webinars. I haven't sensed any of the leaders on my support team suffering from cramped style.
Hello All I'm new to the board and kinda bored, but reading this post I found some really interesting things.

Well I find it interesting to the speculations on why puryear is selling his million dollar home.

I've heard of Ron Puryear, i believe he is from the BWW LOS?

I was once a member of the BWW team back in 2002 when amway singapore opened up.

It didn't work for me cuz I couldn't get it to work, and i didn't really enjoy working with my uplines, but I enjoyed the tapes.

Listening to the stories gave me a lot of drive to do other things, as well as alot of wisdom to handling many situations.

I suppose one thing that you may want to consider is that there are also many rich people in Singapore selling away their homes during
a very poor real estate climate. Does that also mean that all of them are going bankrupt?
Why they are selling is really unknown to me but one of my friends just sold his 4m$ home away @ this time cuz when he bought his home it was only $1.4m and now during this "poor" real estate climate, the house he always wanted was going @ $7m and was much more of a better buy than it was when he wanted it.

So I mean its just my personal experience and should not be taken as a strong reference, but the point is that people make decisions based on many circumstances and bankruptcy should only be ONE of them.

I guess one of the setbacks, yet most fulfilling feeling, of becoming a Diamond in is the recognition and the celebrity status.
This is a people's business and everyone knows who you are, and are always observing you.

I find it really interesting why people only criticize people from Amway, yet not criticize many other business owners from the traditional business world.
A simpler question to me is - Why wouldn't a couple getting on in years, with no children/family still living at home, want to still keep such a huge house?
Puryear is the head of WWDB/WWG--World Wide DreamBuilders/World Wide Group

The original intent of the River House was to be a family compound for the Puryears--Ron and Georgia Lee and their two sons and their wives and kids.

Their son Brian died while the River House was being built (December 1995).It was tragic, and unexpected. In his sleep. His heart stopped.

The Puryears no longer had the dream of a family compound. But they continued to build, not really knowing why, and then the River House became an incentive trip for an annual WWDB contest.

No one has ever lived at the River House.

Even if it is completely paid for (which I don't know either way), the taxes and the maintenance are extremely high for a place that is used only a week out of the year.