Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocket - another clueless Amway critic
ajgannon Wrote:[I thought that I became more savvy by spending time reading IBOFightBack's forums, critics' blogs and web-sites. I even thought that I became so smart after all this reading that I cut back on functions and cancelled my standing order audios and books about a year ago.

Motivated by curiosity of other income opportunities, I dabbled on the Internet, and after receiving a series of phone calls and interviews, I found myself getting talked into a pricey business coaching program. Now I feel like I have more problems than opportunities, and am loosing sleep over it. Yep, I'm an idiot. In the past week I've recommitted to my up-line and the local meetings. Maybe the good thing that came out of my expensive mistake is that I can really appreciate what we have our hands on with Amway and the systems available. Once a week for five bucks I can take a twenty minute drive and listen to my up-line Diamond do some phenomenal teaching for two hours. Afterwards he did some personal counselling with me at the restaurant, for free, of course.

If I had been plugged in in to the system, done the recommended activity, and stayed in contact with my up-line Diamond, who treats me as if I'm personally sponsored by him, I wouldn't have suffered as much from doubt, focused on my problems versus where I want to go, done stupid stuff, or have been prone to consider the negative stuff on the 'net regarding systems.

My main blunder in life so far is that I've failed to get a vivid dream and set clear goals. I wrote down this quote from an InterNet CD by Mark Gorman, but unfortunately I didn't see it often enough: "Without a vision every opportunity has the potential to determine your destination."
ajgannon Wrote:I'm beginning to believe that Diamonds are doing more of a disservice to their group if they aren't frank about what it takes to succeed. If they're worried about someone thinking they're "pushing tools", so they don't promote this ingredient, I think they will hurt their groups.

BINGO! Critics claim Diamonds are "pushing" tools and functions because they make money from them. The reality is that anyone whose developed any kind of reasonable sized Amway business *knows* that virtually *no one* builds a singificant Amway business without using this stuff. There may be a few exceptional people out there - but they're exceptional.

If a Diamonds (or anyone else) know that people not using this stuff don't make any money from Amway, wouldn't they be derelict in their duty *not* to push it to people who say they want to make money in Amway?

I think the problem isn't so much overselling it as not being more sensitive to individual circumstances. In theory ABOs should be discussing this in counselling sessions with upline, but I'm guessing in practice many ABOs are *not* open and honest about their personal financial circumstances, so advice they get from upline may be well intentioned but bad.

Yes, I'm also sure some people have gone over the top, but I honestly don't think it's as endemic as some would think, either today or in the past.
Bridgett Wrote:Did you even READ ibofightback’s post?????

The point of the post on TTAA was the lack of credibility of Amway critics.... The point of the TTAA post was not about the NA market shrinking.

Did you read the blog post that IBOFB cited? Or did you simply read the small exerpt on this forum.

The point of the post WAS about whether the NA market was shrinking, not about Amway's bonus schedule.

And for the record, I do not think that Amway and the Diamonds are as dark and evil as most critics believe.

On the other hand I don't believe every hype and spin put out by every Diamond.

As with life, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Rocket's math may be off. But he is probably correct that the NA market shrank. Of course we may never know since Amway stopped reporting the NA sales figures. But if Amway sales were up in the months and year after TEAM left, don't you think they would have announced it to the world? Amway announced increases in sales in many markets- India, Russia and China. But they were silent on the US market. Steve Van Andel said the US was "challenging" right now. To any person not wearing rose colored glassess, that means sales are probably down.
MichMan Wrote:
Bridgett Wrote:Did you even READ ibofightback’s post?????

The point of the post on TTAA was the lack of credibility of Amway critics.... The point of the TTAA post was not about the NA market shrinking.

Did you read the blog post that IBOFB cited? Or did you simply read the small exerpt on this forum.

The point of the post WAS about whether the NA market was shrinking, not about Amway's bonus schedule.

The point of my blog post was the credibility (and ignorance) of many amway critics. If you want to comment on the topic of rocket's blog post then comment on rockets blog.
but both of you, settle down on the personal attacks please. :rules:

MichMan - Bridgett is 100% correct, you do often change the subject of posts to something other than what they're about, and in Amway threads you usually use it as an opportunity to attack Amway. :club:

Bridgett - MichMan has a point in your tendency to make claims and then when challenged to support them fail to do so and well, in Australian parlance, take your bat and ball and run home. :rant:
So how about we all agree to stay on topic and to back up what we say, if challenged? :duel:
BTW, my edit was made after your last post.

Cheers to you for allowing differing opinions on this site. :thumbsup:
ibofightback Wrote:but both of you, settle down on the personal attacks please. :rules:

MichMan - Bridgett is 100% correct, you do often change the subject of posts to something other than what they're about, and in Amway threads you usually use it as an opportunity to attack Amway. :club:

Bridgett - MichMan has a point in your tendency to make claims and then when challenged to support them fail to do so and well, in Australian parlance, take your bat and ball and run home. :rant:

I did support my claim that he lies.
I did point out exactly what I thought he was lying about.
And he responded by saying that they weren't lies, but "speculations."
And I responded by saying that his motivation is to talk about what *he* wants to talk about, rather than what the topic of the thread is. Then he lied again saying that it WAS on topic when it was NOT.

ibofightback Wrote:So how about we all agree to stay on topic and to back up what we say, if challenged?

How about I go back to ignoring him? Let him say whatever the #$$^ he wants to say, derailing the conversation, and "speculating" to the cows come home.

Good grief. Rolleyes
Bridgett,
Even though I have been involved in some ugly spats with you also, I have to say that I really admire your passion for Amway and your business. Emotions are often hard to control when discussing you care so much about.

Michman,
You provide some great information regarding Amway and the founding families, especially regarding West Michigan. You have a much different relationship with Amway than most on this board, being a neighbor and former IBO. I think your voice provides some different views on here, and that shouldn't always be looked down on.

IBOFB,
I admire your commitment to fighting back at the critics, nobody else is defending Amway online anywhere near the way you do. You also provide a forum for discussion which does not shut out all differing opinions, that says a lot.

Ajgannon,
I admire your honesty and willingness to be so open about your experiences. I think your last few posts were awesome, and I feel bad that they were lost in the rest of the mess found in this thread.
This is straight up funny!! People getting angry. :rant: People crying :cray: And me laughing at the playground shenanigans :rotfl:
It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. --Roosevelt
ss3251 Wrote:Bridgett,
Even though I have been involved in some ugly spats with you also, I have to say that I really admire your passion for Amway and your business. Emotions are often hard to control when discussing you care so much about.

To be clear, I'm passionate about being honest--particularly about one's motivation for doing things. If Amway fell of the face of the earth tomorrow, I'd be okay. Really. Smile But thanks for the compliment, I think. Wink

TB2IBO Wrote:This straight up funny!! People getting angry. People crying And me laughing at the playground shenanigans

I hope you aren't including me in being angry or crying. I find MichMan's insanity quite amusing.

HOWEVER, I am surprised that ibofb thinks I'm avoiding backing up my claims, particularly on this thread, when I "let it all hang out" and out right called MichMan a liar. I've wanted to say that for a loooong time, but was being polite. Then when I actually DO call him a liar and take my precious time to back up my claim, ibofb states that I'm doing something, that I think is the equivalent of taking my marbles and going home. :confused:

And MichMan, STILL doesn't acknowledge that he's off topic, even with ibofb pointing it out,

Here:
ibofightback Wrote:The point of my blog post was the credibility (and ignorance) of many amway critics. If you want to comment on the topic of rocket's blog post then comment on rockets blog.

ibofb writes an 1,100 word blog post about the credibility of critics and MichMan uses a a teeny tiny quote from another blog post to "speculate" about Diamonds and their tool money? You've got to be KIDDING ME.

In usual MichMan fashion, he ends it all with his usual kiss-a$$ing of the website host just to CHA so he doesn't get booted for being a troll.

MichMan Wrote:Cheers to you for allowing differing opinions on this site.

In closing, Smile I'm glad to have been a source of entertainment for y'all. I don't think I will be in the future, as I am recommitting to ignoring, either an Internet troll, or one mentally dense human being who doesn't "get" when he's off topic, and bangs his single note over and over and over again. :crazy:

:chillin: :chillin: :chillin: