Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staying Awake
ibofightback Wrote:Sorry, no flame war, you're correct.

Confusedhock:
Wearyeyed Wrote:Yes, yes...I understand it doesn't HAVE to be that way, but people have a way of putting their effort into the place the least effort is required. No kidding.

Let the flaming begin...

No flaming from me, either. I have 5 grandkids who are active/creative/imaginative/on-the-go. The 3 in the Public School System have been deemed ADHD and are on drugs. The two who attend a Parochial School are kept challenged and active and have been taught to mind their manners. They are NOT on drugs. These 5 are my "posse" and as Chief Grandma In Charge - I can assure you - they're all equally frisky and fun. I just run them hard, is all Wink

But I have noticed that the vast majority of kids' TV programs/movies race along at a frenetic pace. Something loud/funny/crazy happens about every 15 seconds - and I think kids get used to this pace?? So "regular life" probably seems painfully slow and boring....

I heard on a radio talk show, that the rate of ADHD in Amish children is ZERO.
Deb Wrote:I heard on a radio talk show, that the rate of ADHD in Amish children is ZERO.

that's cause there's no Amish psychiatrists
ibofightback Wrote:
Deb Wrote:I heard on a radio talk show, that the rate of ADHD in Amish children is ZERO.

that's cause there's no Amish psychiatrists

Is this like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder?"
Pretty much. DSM originated as a diagnostic tool, and it's become a diagnostic bible, and it's definitions have become broader and broader.

To a choleric melancholy, sanguines are mentally ill and should be medicated.

To a choleric sanguine, choleric melancholies are mentally ill and need psychotherapy.