Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staying Awake
I started out this thread saying that the hardcore Irish-American punk rock band Dropkick Murphys keeps me awake and gets me fired up. I saw them in concert this week in Detroit. We went to The Old Shillelagh Irish Pub before the show. It was a super great time, loud and rowdy. I didn't do any crowd surfing though.
ajgannon Wrote:I started out this thread saying that the hardcore Irish-American punk rock band Dropkick Murphys keeps me awake and gets me fired up. I saw them in concert this week in Detroit.

Quote: We went to The Old Shillelagh Irish Pub before the show.

And drank plenty of GUINNESS :cheers:
Quote:I didn't do any crowd surfing though.
Not good after a few pints of GUINNESS - Remember the lines from the Christy Moore song -
Goodbye to the port and brandy, to the vodka and the Stag,
To the Smithwicks and the Harp and the bottle, draught and keg.
As I sat lookin' up at the Guinness and I could never figure out
How your man stayed up on the surfboard after 14 pints of stout.
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
RW1 Wrote:And drank plenty of GUINNESS :cheers:

You bet! Thanks for the Christy Moore lyrics!
ajgannon Wrote:
Multimillionaire Wrote:
Pull off the road, and shoot one shot of sweet shot in one eye.

Ouch! :blackeye: Are you serious? Did you actually do that? You sound pretty old school. That's not a put down, for sure. Were you in the business a long time ago and then recently became active again, or have you been working it for a few decades? Sweet shot must date back to the 90's, at the latest? I've only had experience with the Glister breath freshener spray. I've had a couple of them for several years. I've never cared for breath freshener spray. No one has told me I have a bad breath problem. Or maybe they're just being polite. I do like the Nutrilite echinacea spray though--freshens your breath, boosts your immune system, and soothes scratchy throats. :thumbsup:

Sorry to come in late on this topic.
We had Sweet Shot in the 80's in the UK which then became Glister Mouth Spray.
I did not squirt it in my eye, that’s a bit extreme but it was suggested that a squirt under the tongue stings enough to wake you up and to carry on driving without any ill effects Cool such as blindness :cry:
To reach your destination take one step at a time - remember they may not all be in the same direction!
I used to work in research in the road safety arena. I read this article today - Wake up to yourself. Or face the consequences - and 100% agree with the proposal to make driving while fatigued an offence. The challenge is to come up with a definition and a workable test.
Carbs and punk rock, an explosive combination!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idTK0b7mQxI">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idTK0b7mQxI</a><!-- m -->

This is my two and three-year-old nephews' favorite band. See ya later Barney!
ajgannon Wrote:Carbs and punk rock, an explosive combination!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idTK0b7mQxI">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idTK0b7mQxI</a><!-- m -->

This is my two and three-year-old nephews' favorite band. See ya later Barney!

O.M.G.!!!!!!!

I swear, we're CREATING kids with ADHD with stuff like that.
Deb Wrote:I swear, we're CREATING kids with ADHD with stuff like that.

I know I will catch a butt-load of flak for this, but I think we are creating kids with ADHD by throwing around the diagnosis "ADHD".

Working with children in group homes that would otherwise be labeled "ADHD," once I found ways to stimulate and provide constructive outlets for their interests and energy, I found they were much less "ADHD."

Legitimate or not, the diagnosis DOES serve as a way to mitigate responsibility for more than just one person, so it's more popular than ever to toss it around...now the child has an out ("I am ADHD!"), the teachers have an out ("He is ADHD!"), the parents have an out ("He is ADHD!")...you get the picture.

Throw in the pharmaceuticals, and you've got yourself a bona fide, socially accepted scapegoat.

Yes, yes...I understand it doesn't HAVE to be that way, but people have a way of putting their effort into the place the least effort is required. No kidding.

Let the flaming begin...
Sorry, no flame war, you're correct.
You never know where the conversation will go after a random, goofy post. That's what makes this forum interesting. :thumbsup: