Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos to WWDB & all the best to Brad wolgamott
MedfordBlues,

Your post (your first, and only one on this site, I might add) shows your ignorance of the situation specifically, and WWDB's diamonds generally.

What is your motivation for posting here, and for posting what you've posted, and resurrecting a six-week old thread? :wave:
MedfordBlues Wrote:He was the only diamond to really take his money and help others.

While I'm sure he's a great guy - I think this is WAY unfair to countless others who give selflessly. I know several who live by the tenets of the Bible, in that their good deeds and generosity are done quietly.
Gotta say there is some truth with getting rid of the "old mentality" of how to run this Amway business.

Embracing how easy things are today goes along way. Especially where the "you gotta be out 5 and 6 nights a week" or "you have to be ultra committed". Which back then, was the truth and necessary, but today it is just not the way. Very glad to be a part of great LOA/LOS that have embraced this idea.

**For the record, I am not agreeing with Medford Blues on specifics, only on the general idea. I have no idea how WWDB runs or what they offer to their IBOs** They do have some great speakers though. :grin:
It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. --Roosevelt
MedfordBlues Wrote:Brad Wolgamott.. Clearly outgrew wwdb 5 years ago. He was the only diamond to really take his money and help others. One of the true tests is would you take your money and help someone that you may never see before or you know will never really be able to help you back.. THis was Brad Wolgamott...

<snip>

Unfortunately as maxwell would say "The Law of the LID" held him back. WWDB old antiquated ways was a lid... The smarter more educated ones will leave if the org does not grow with the times... Justification of an old product pickup for so many years and the old way of thinking killed the org... if you disagree with me.. go look at the diamonds.. same old geezers, saying the same old rhetoric... no new diamonds. most of them just have above average income...
thats why they buy second hand cars and live in montana,spokane etc...

go where the big boys are... lake washington..

Plenty of zest and youth in WWDB. There's the likes of Tsuruda, Danzik and Kosage still around. Kosage's pretty open, has blogs, is on FB, etc, and you don't see anybody "encouraging him to shut it down".

I'd say WWDB is pretty progressive, and probably one of the more modern organizations and change friendly organizations in North America. They seem to have a high tolerance for different personalities and backgrounds and philosophical world views.

And this is coming from someone in BWW.

The Diamond issue, I think the income is better now at Q12, Ruby, emerald than it used to be and more people are coasting there.

AMO's should stop making Diamond be the only goal (talk about it, but dont' have an environment where eveyrone has to pretend or parrot "going CAM" even when they don't have an interest in that) and concentrate on profitability, and breaking Q12s organization wide. As far as profitbability and breaking Q12s, that's happening.
TB 2 IBO Wrote:Gotta say there is some truth with getting rid of the "old mentality" of how to run this Amway business.

Embracing how easy things are today goes along way. Especially where the "you gotta be out 5 and 6 nights a week" or "you have to be ultra committed". Which back then, was the truth and necessary, but today it is just not the way. Very glad to be a part of great LOA/LOS that have embraced this idea.

One thing I LOVE about WWDB is even Puryear openly says 3 nighits a week can get one to Platinum/Q12. To work according to your goal level, and the focus on balance.

The 5 nights a week/2 "names" a day or nothing mentality is still there in some organizations.
superseiyan Wrote:One thing I LOVE about WWDB is even Puryear openly says 3 nighits a week can get one to Platinum/Q12. To work according to your goal level, and the focus on balance.

The 5 nights a week/2 "names" a day or nothing mentality is still there in some organizations.

One "night" a week. According to the WWDB counseling sheet, being "core" is showing 1plan a week. And WWDB teaches that being "core" is what is required to build a Platinumship.

Ron went Ruby on one night a week. It took him 2-3 years, but that's the schedule he was able to be consistent and maintain. I believe he says three nights a week if someone wants to build a Platinumship is a shorter (ie 6 months) period of time.

But one thing to note is that Ron has taught (and taught hard) is not to show the plan to every person with a heartbeat. Those with whom he shared the Plan, were probably very different than who most (even in WWDB) IBOs share it with.

Regarding "2 names a day," Ron probably "FORMed" at least two people a day. Probably had to engage in conversation with that many people to find one "quality" person to share the Plan. I can see a 14:1 ratio.

The difference, I think though, is that Ron moved on right away when FORMing people and didn't try to get someone to say they were interested, when they really weren't. He probably even, when trying to book a Plan, even "screened" them one more time over the phone.

Some believe that "there is magic in the circles." I completely disagree. There's "magic" if there person is already looking and open and interested. I think there are too many IBOs sharing the opportunity with people who never should see it. I've made this mistake more than I'd care to admit. Blush

"Throwing mud on the wall and seeing what sticks" will definitely require a whole heck of a lot more Plans, for sure.
I heard on a CD the other day another story on the old 80:20 rule. The speaker mentioned (as I'm sure we all know) that IBOs tend to spend 80% of their time trying to convince the 80% who don't want to do it to do it, instead of spending 80% of their time with the 20% who do want to do it - but the bizarre thing is that working with the 20% is waaayyy easier, more profitable, and more fun than the 80% - but folk still focus their efforts on the 80%.

Easier, more profitable, and more fun sounds a better idea to me!
ibofightback Wrote:I heard on a CD the other day another story on the old 80:20 rule. The speaker mentioned (as I'm sure we all know) that IBOs tend to spend 80% of their time trying to convince the 80% who don't want to do it to do it, instead of spending 80% of their time with the 20% who do want to do it - but the bizarre thing is that working with the 20% is waaayyy easier, more profitable, and more fun than the 80% - but folk still focus their efforts on the 80%.

Easier, more profitable, and more fun sounds a better idea to me!

In general the 80 - 20 factor works. I work this system in my own business and encourage all my downline to do likewise - People want success for the people they bring in to the business but what they fail to realise is that not everyone wants the level of success they want.
Teaching new ABOs to harness the 80 -20 rule in their business at an early stage is one of the key elements to early & fast growth.
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
I am a platinum downline from brad and leslie, and in fact I would consider myself to be one of their closest friends. I have been with brad through allot of his struggles with WWDB and personal issues the last several years. with that being said, I think there would be more value added to the world if you all would learn to build versus judge. We can all dictate a situation or make a guess on what did happen, or what is happening or what might happen in the future; but the facts are none of you on here know the slightest bit of truth because you don't know any of the people you are talking about on a personal level. i would encourage and pray that you would spend your time adding value to yourself, spending time with those you love, and building a future for your family vs spending time online criticizing and gossiping about another family. Amway is a business, that has people in, human lives, individuals, who have souls, and pains, and issues, who want to be loved like we want to be loved, who have dreams and desires and fears and doubts. this is people we are talking about. if you had the guts to do what the Wolgamotts did and were going what they are going through, would you like to be displayed publicly with all the gossip on the web? I doubt you would, so please stop the drama brad and leslie have kids and family and a business to run, STOP JUDGING AND START DOING!
Ryan,

Thanks for your post, but if you read the thread there was pretty much no "judgment" going on at all. The only thing that came close was a post by MedfordBlues (support of Brad Wolgamott) which was the first and only post they did here. If you notice the thread title it was very supportive of both WWDB and Brad Wolgamott - because you're right, none of us here do know what was going on. The thrust of the thread was simply to so say good on WWDB for not pretending nothing was going on - which has, rightly or wrongly, given Amway critics fodder in the past.

Anyway, welcome to the board and thanks for your insight!