Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Scandinavian Partner Store
Got an email today about a new Scandinavian Partner Store - Stokvishop.

I have to say, IMO, someone in the Amway Scandinavia office needs to have their head examined.

So far I've checked at least a dozen products - and every single product has been significantly more expensive than the exact same product almost anywhere else - sometimes by as much as 40-50%.

Even more damning, the exact same products can usually be found on Stokivshop's own public website - cheaper. There's some differences in products available on the two sites, but so far every product I've checked that's on both is more expensive through the partner store.

It's actions like this that smack of nothing but abusing IBO loyalty.

Or have I got it wrong? Have I missed something?
I have often wondered the same thing about some of the products in the US.

As someone here has posted, if it was not for the pressure to 'buy from yourself' many products would be pulled or be reduced in price.
Don't get me wrong, I think most (not all) Amway products are reasonable value, some are truly excellent value.

But with partner stores in this corner of the world I can pretty much never say the same thing, and all they do is offer a prospect an easy way to compare Amway vs the competition and declare Amway "overpriced". So adding them is a reputation damaging action - and to what purpose? It doesn't make Amway much money, if any.
Putting the products out without having anyone to explain their advantages??? Yikes!
Deb Wrote:Putting the products out without having anyone to explain their advantages??? Yikes!

These are standard products available from a multitude of sources, things like clothes, hammocks, computers, designerware, all sorts of stuff. No real "explanation" necessary. The only "advantage" to paying sometimes hundreds of dollars more is that you get some miniscule PV/BV.

Even at platinum the products I've checked so far would be cheaper to purchase elsewhere.

So why is it there? No advantages, only disadvantages.
I realize many Amway products are competitive.

I was referring mainly to the expensive coffee, cereals, chips, etc that are/were sold in the US.
MichMan Wrote:I realize many Amway products are competitive.

I was referring mainly to the expensive coffee, cereals, chips, etc that are/were sold in the US.

Thats right, and they just stop to give more pv when you order some coffee for 3 months,

Its bad because we accept to pay more for our products like the Khave coffee, but now no bonus PV on it!

Its starting to be less interesting! :blink:
Amway needs to cut all the products that are overpriced compared to what else is available. Not I didn't say all expensive products, but ones that are our priced compared to what else is on the market. eg Artistry will never be the cheapest product, but they provide top products at a medium price point (so I am told, wouldn't know Wink ).

We got a consumer magazine from our library. They are a independent organization that tests products, have been around in NZ for ever. this mag has an article on oven cleaners. They had tested a range of them, and listed the top. Amway did a good job with a collective score of 72 (out of 100). The only problem is that it cost 12.92, which the over cleaners that they recommended at scores of 73, 73 and 74; priced at 3.69, 3.99 and 6.96 respectively.

Now we sell a few cans a year and we wouldn't be considered "active" so they might move a bit of this product in NZ/Auzzie. However long term consumers will begin to question the value of this product. They should look at reducing price or dropping the product if they cannot be price competitive.

Remind me again about IBO's and personal consumption - that's right your not allowed to purchase another brand of oven cleaner cause that wouldn't be supporting your business. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
stickshark Wrote:Amway needs to cut all the products that are overpriced compared to what else is available. Not I didn't say all expensive products, but ones that are our priced compared to what else is on the market. eg Artistry will never be the cheapest product, but they provide top products at a medium price point (so I am told, wouldn't know Wink ).

Artistry actually competes with top-tier cosmetics that cost INSANE amounts of money when purchased at a "cosmetics counter" in a high-end department store. I was told by a friend who works in the R&D Dep't at Corp that the eye color pencils are something that are very difficult to make, so Amway outsources them to Germany. The factory there has an assembly line that produces Artistry/Lancomme/Estee Lauder - it's all the same pencil - just different labeling. Back then, the Artistry product was about half the price of the other 2 brands....LOL!!
Well, I just ripped Amway Scandinavia a new one ....

Amway Scandinavia - Scandalous! What are they thinking?