Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amway Australia IDA update
The product prices of CORE line products are much more expensive in Australia compared to USA.. the products like double x, artistry line, all nutrilite line, home products including the toothpastes, etc.. and the average income in Australia is much lower, and the cost of living is high in major cities in Australia compared to USA.. HOW DOES COMPANY EXPECT TO GROW...??
Median household income 2006, US - US$48,000
Median household income 2006, Australia - AUD$$53,404

I recently saw an article on downloadable software, which doesn't even have shipping costs, where US customers were getting charged significantly lower prices that Australian customers.

This isn't unusual. In one of my businesses I offer the same service for almost twice the price in Australia as I do in the US. I price in Australia according to the Oz market, not the US market. Currently fluctuations also mean things can change quite quickly, that has to be factored in, and it has to be factored in long-term, not on a week to week or month to month basis.
nilsdsp Wrote:The product prices of CORE line products are much more expensive in Australia compared to USA.. the products like double x, artistry line, all nutrilite line, home products including the toothpastes, etc.. and the average income in Australia is much lower, and the cost of living is high in major cities in Australia compared to USA.. HOW DOES COMPANY EXPECT TO GROW...??

You make a fair point nilsdsp. I've made this point before as well.

Some numbers for you

Double X.......US retail.......$146.90.......Aust retail.......$219.30
Artistry Lip Colour.......US retail.......$17.55.......Aust retail.......$36.20
Toothpaste.......US retail.......$4.70.......Aust retail.......$15.25
SA8 3kg.......US retail.......$22.75.......Aust retail.......$68.65

IBOFB is right on the point where the cost of living in Australia is generally higher than in the US but I can understand why you raise an eyebrow.

I'm also quite surprised that the median incomes are as close as they are. This makes the "deal" of being a US consumer all the more appealing.

The biggest concern however is how Amway retail compares to "normal retail" in Australia. Not very favourably I'm afraid. The second most expensive laundry compound available in Australia is OMO concentrate which retails at $14.95 for 3kg (Although I got it for $20 for 5kg on special last week)

Granted something is starting to be done. The details are yet to be released but it sounds like minimal changes when significant changes are required.
ozibo Wrote:The biggest concern however is how Amway retail compares to "normal retail" in Australia. Not very favourably I'm afraid. The second most expensive laundry compound available in Australia is OMO concentrate which retails at $14.95 for 3kg (Although I got it for $20 for 5kg on special last week)

And the OMO 3kg first price I found on google was $15.69 and a check of Woolworth's online has it at $15.97, and Coles lists it at $16.12.

You're not being honest to either yourself or to us in your selection of prices here.

Plus of course you're completely ignoring the "how to sell SA8" post I did a while back, and the great photos Bridgett posted

Do you plan on selling MonaVie the same way? Learn nothing about the product and it competitors, and compare it to the price of Orange Juice in the cheapest outlet you can find?

just wonderin ...... :confused:
and i know for a fact the 3kg of SA8 will out last min of 3 boxes of OMO.. when you buy retail will be almost the same.. but when we IBOs purchase it at wholesale its a definate saving.

time and time again we have had skeptics in our group that come back and say how much they are actually saving after they used it for 3 months.

don't forget we do have the 90 days money back policy, you go and find another company that will back their product up with that kind of policy. OMO surely won't :grin:
OK Sir.
nilsdsp, please do not spam the same comment in multiple places
can someone tell me how we can order products from US when we are in OZ??? i am starting to think Nil-- dude is spamming and not giving any substance to the forum..

i guess he/she probably buy cars or clothes or books from the US because its cheaper over there... the point is different market has different pricing structures... we all know we can buy HONDA cars cheaper from Japan, so why don't we all do it...???? perhaps is because after all the different costs its not worth the hassle...
Hello,

im having same troubles here.. any inputs would be great!

Thanks!
assurance vie
What are you having troubles with? Why are you resurrecting this ancient thread?