Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bo Short, Ty Tribble et.al sued for a million dollars
Just an interesting FYI for those who like to know about these things, Former Diamond Bo Short and former IBO Ty Tribble (of mlmblog.net and amwayblog.net) have been sued by Max International for a million dollars in damages allegeding various misdeeds as they moved to new company EIRO (their 6th MLM company in 6 years)

Some interesting details here
Crazy.
Sad.
Pathetic.
Not surprising.

Well...maybe this lawsuit will finally stop these guys from their rape-and-pillage ways.

Sad
unfortunately that seems almost the modus operandi for a lot of MLMers. Indeed these guys are small fry. It's no wonder MLM gets a bad reputation.
How come there's no "author profile", not even a name attached to the Eiro blog that you used as a source? I'm not dismissing the source. I'm just curious about how the blog world works.

I'm glad that my up-line leaders refuse to even look at other MLMs--even just a look to give someone feedback or an opinion. They understand how that could affect their group.
The blog is obviously by someone who is not a fan of Bo Short, however it links to the official court documents, so it is accurate.
ibofightback Wrote:The blog is obviously by someone who is not a fan of Bo Short, however it links to the official court documents, so it is accurate.

Accurate in what way?

Although the blog links to "court documents" the lawsuit is nothing but a list of allegations at this point. The judge has not ruled on the case. I don't know if the defendants have even replied. Yet the blog author assumes that the allegations are true.

"Apparently Bo Short did this..."

"Apparently Ty Tribble did that..."

If you are going to accept these "court documents" as accurate, are you also going to accept the lawsuits of Stewart, TEAM, Hart, etc. as being accurate?

(All that being said.... six mlms in six years is not a record to be proud of).
Apologies, I should have been clearer - It's accurate that they've been sued by Max and that Max has alleged these things. Whether it's true or not I've no idea.
ibofightback Wrote:unfortunately that seems almost the modus operandi for a lot of MLMers. Indeed these guys are small fry. It's no wonder MLM gets a bad reputation.

Small fry? Ty used to talk big when he commented on your sites. Do you think the reason why some MLMers often switch companies is because the investment is so small compared to starting a traditional brick and mortar business? Maybe there is also an incentive to be one the first distributors in a new enterprise, with the anticipation of capturing the new growth. :dontknow:
ajgannon Wrote:
ibofightback Wrote:unfortunately that seems almost the modus operandi for a lot of MLMers. Indeed these guys are small fry. It's no wonder MLM gets a bad reputation.

Small fry? Ty used to talk big when he commented on your sites.

#1) He USEDTO (past tense)
#2)TALK big (a bunch of b.s.)

I think I came on to the "old" TTAA ( the pre AmwayTalk forum) towards the end of Ty's commentary on there. He made stupid remarks, claiming them as facts, and I let him know as much, with credible sources to discredit his "claims."

I "met" him again over on Beth's blog, when, based on the few number of photos of Platinums in a recent Achieve, he concluded that that Amway Business Opportunity sucked (his reoccurring theme). I commented, stating the fact that the photos of the Platinums do not correspond to the month that they qualify, but rather when they attend their Platinum seminar, and when there is a photo available of them. I also provided a link to the MOST current (at the time) Achieve, on the AmwayWiki site, where several pages of Platinum's photos appeared. He didn't reply. :cry:

The final time I bantered with Mr. Tribble was on this post.... <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thetruthaboutamway.com/bo-short-ty-tribble-jump-companies-again/">http://www.thetruthaboutamway.com/bo-sh ... ies-again/</a><!-- m -->

After having "personal" experience with him, he IS a small fry. Anyone with half a brain, and a slightly longer-than-a-gnat attention span, will know that.

Oh well. Just a little soap opera drama. Doesn't really affect my life. Carry on! Smile
I would also say that you cannot paint all people who leave Amway with the same broad brush.

Yes, six new mlms in six years is excessive. It is definately a sign of something not good.

But I also remember the term "mlm-jumper" to describe people like Jack and Effie Reid, Randy Haugen, Don Wilson, TEAM people, Billy Florence, Fred Harteis, etc. Those Diamonds probably had an average life in Amway of around 20 years each. The Reids were probably in Amway for 35 years. And leaving Amway for another mlm was their first move.