Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why people quit Amway. And why they don’t.
roguetadhg Wrote:It's illegal for me to go door-to-door where I live, unless it's a religious cause. The only method to go door-to-door is putting fliers on cars, or mail boxes. Ive been filling the time with skimming over the product books, then going back through them again.

I believe you mentioned earlier that you lived in the United States. In the United States it is illegal to put anything, such as a business flyer, in a mailbox unless it is actually mail being delivered by the post office.

I also believe you have been given advice to seek counsel upline regarding business building strategy. Have you done this? I ask because your actions do not seem to line up with any sucessful business building techniques that I have heard of for the United States.
MichMan Wrote:
Deb Wrote:OK - I'm going to be a little more harsh - but I have oodles of years of watching people who stay in the business. IMO, it boils down to ONE WORD:

PROFIT

Even if people only make a few extra bucks - but it's easy and they're having fun - they'll renew year after year. For decades.

Now, if those people are pressured into spending more on tools and functions than they EARN - sooner or later the smart ones realize their business is COSTING them money - and they'll quit when those costs overreach the enjoyment/education value/potential future they feel they are getting.

Bingo!

Our group was taught that your retention rate was dependent of the kinds of relationships you had with the people in your group.

I have no doubt that this plays a factor. But looking back it seems weird that never once did our upline talk about profitability, especially the role that it plays in keeping people in the business.

And looking forward, Amway North America and the IBOAI are very aware that getting IBOs profitable in the first 90 days is critical for retention. Hence why the Corporation and the IBOAI created the Fast Track Incentive program three years ago. And this current fiscal year, I believe the changes they made are great improvments, focusing even more on building solid, ongoing, retail businesses, and rewarding upline for teaching their new IBOs to do the same.
ss3251 Wrote:
roguetadhg Wrote:It's illegal for me to go door-to-door where I live, unless it's a religious cause. The only method to go door-to-door is putting fliers on cars, or mail boxes. Ive been filling the time with skimming over the product books, then going back through them again.

I believe you mentioned earlier that you lived in the United States. In the United States it is illegal to put anything, such as a business flyer, in a mailbox unless it is actually mail being delivered by the post office.

I also believe you have been given advice to seek counsel upline regarding business building strategy. Have you done this? I ask because your actions do not seem to line up with any sucessful business building techniques that I have heard of for the United States.

The answers I get are "You sound like you know what you're doing." I only have two "uplines" that I can see atleast. Whether this is normal or not, I don't know.
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” – Sun Tzu
roguetadhg Wrote:The answers I get are "You sound like you know what you're doing." I only have two "uplines" that I can see atleast. Whether this is normal or not, I don't know.

The answer you say you are getting really doesn't make sense with what you have told us. Have you told your upline the same things you have told us?

You might want to contact your upline Platinum. If you don't know who that is, your sponsor should be able to tell you. Otherwise, call Amway.

You sound like you have a great enthusiasm for your business. But, something seems a bit off about your story, to be honest. :confused:
I asked the question about how many people I see at the website. It was explained to me that I see my direct upline and the platnium. I don't see the people between them.

But yeah. I've finally got access to the learning center and have been reading that in and out.
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” – Sun Tzu