Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why people quit Amway. And why they don’t.
New post up on The Truth About Amway -

Why people quit Amway. And why they don’t.
Why did Lennon Ledbetter leave
1. he and is wife divorced, she continues with the business
2. someone offered him what he thought was a better deal

it may even have been a better deal ... for him
I can see it hurting less. As it isn't strictly someone else's idea. But after you've worked at it hard enough you do realize that "Damn, Im glad Amway's around". Because it is easier. Because I don't have to go find investors to invest in my company as hard as I would - say a startup business.

I see 19 thousand people in my county. I see 19 thousand people that I can give a choice for a better life, whether that be a smile, or something I can sell to them. thousands of people's view points, each just as important as mine. The wealth of experience and life long lessons from 19 thousand people... thats just something I can't buy.

At this point, even just 3 days of 5am to midnight.

Im glad that I'm not putting effort into this and feeling like no one else has done the same. Maybe it's time I did find investors for the little things - like a 99$ computer desk so I can sit at home, instead of my first job all, all day from when the Janitors clean and when they come in my office to find me sleeping on the keyboard trying to think of a business card.

Somehow, I find myself thinking I may have to go around going door to door. I might as well be the "Amway Man" to the "Avon Lady"
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” – Sun Tzu
roguetadhg Wrote:I can see it hurting less. As it isn't strictly someone else's idea. But after you've worked at it hard enough you do realize that "Damn, Im glad Amway's around". Because it is easier. Because I don't have to go find investors to invest in my company as hard as I would - say a startup business.

Not much different there either. I had a startup where I guy put in tens of thousands of dollars to come on board as an active business partner. He's never turned up to meetings or done a damn thing. Still, his money was appreciated and he'll (hopefuly) get some dividends one day.

Trying to find true, active, business partners is damn hard, in Amway or anything else
OK - I'm going to be a little more harsh - but I have oodles of years of watching people who stay in the business. IMO, it boils down to ONE WORD:

PROFIT

Even if people only make a few extra bucks - but it's easy and they're having fun - they'll renew year after year. For decades.

Now, if those people are pressured into spending more on tools and functions than they EARN - sooner or later the smart ones realize their business is COSTING them money - and they'll quit when those costs overreach the enjoyment/education value/potential future they feel they are getting.

And before anyone points out that ALL businesses must go in debt to start out (unless you're already fabulously wealthy) - that's true. We went into debt to start our car lot - BUT: when done wisely, one usually has assets to offset the debt. To incur a lot of debt in a business that has no assets, is risky. Period.

So an IBO who is sponsoring people into their downline, would be wise to nurture those people and try to not let them get in too deep at first. I'm saying this not so much for the regular posters here, who I believe are doing just that - but for those lurking....
Like me? Smile

True. If money can't be made... well, there's only so many time I will walk in the 105 degree heat for putting fliers in mailboxes.
roguetadhg Wrote:Like me? Smile

True. If money can't be made... well, there's only so many time I will walk in the 105 degree heat for putting fliers in mailboxes.

This is seriously how you are being trained to build your Amway business? :eek:
You may want to check out the Learning Center at Amway.com. There are quite a few courses on selling. Whether presenting a product or a business opportunity, basic sales skills are essentially the same.

Go to Amway.com > Business Center > Training & Education
There you will see a bunch of resources.
To see ALL the courses available, click on Learning Center on the left side of the screen.
Unfortantly i've been unable to get to anything at the training and education portion of the Amway site. Right from the start, it's been giving me technical errors. I have placed numerous phone calls to Customer Support, but no go yet!

It's illegal for me to go door-to-door where I live, unless it's a religious cause. The only method to go door-to-door is putting fliers on cars, or mail boxes. Ive been filling the time with skimming over the product books, then going back through them again.
Deb Wrote:OK - I'm going to be a little more harsh - but I have oodles of years of watching people who stay in the business. IMO, it boils down to ONE WORD:

PROFIT

Even if people only make a few extra bucks - but it's easy and they're having fun - they'll renew year after year. For decades.

Now, if those people are pressured into spending more on tools and functions than they EARN - sooner or later the smart ones realize their business is COSTING them money - and they'll quit when those costs overreach the enjoyment/education value/potential future they feel they are getting.

Bingo!

Our group was taught that your retention rate was dependent of the kinds of relationships you had with the people in your group.

I have no doubt that this plays a factor. But looking back it seems weird that never once did our upline talk about profitability, especially the role that it plays in keeping people in the business.