Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran
The Iranian police have started to protect the protesters against the political security forces! :clapping:
IBOFightBack,

You must be fired up! You're as green as the Incredible Hulk!

I was confused at first. I wondered if another poster stole your "picture", since it says you're from Tehran, Iran.

That's cool that you're so inspired by the mass demonstrations for freedom and democracy.
Who wouldn't be fired up by people fighting for their freedom? :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
From twitter tonight ...

Quote:Many of my friends calling and say goodbye, as they feel in tomorrow' s demonstration they may get killed. I can't believe this

And from an iranian blogger today -

Quote:“I will participate in the demonstrations tomorrow. Maybe they will turn violent. Maybe I will be one of the people who is going to get killed. I’m listening to all my favorite music. I even want to dance to a few songs. I always wanted to have very narrow eyebrows. Yes, maybe I will go to the salon before I go tomorrow! There are a few great movie scenes that I also have to see. I should drop by the library, too. It’s worth to read the poems of Forough and Shamloo again. All family pictures have to be reviewed, too. I have to call my friends as well to say goodbye. All I have are two bookshelves which I told my family who should receive them. I’m two units away from getting my bachelors degree but who cares about that. My mind is very chaotic. I wrote these random sentences for the next generation so they know we were not just emotional and under peer pressure. So they know that we did everything we could to create a better future for them. So they know that our ancestors surrendered to Arabs and Mongols but did not surrender to despotism. This note is dedicated to tomorrow’s children…”

:cry:

Wear green on Saturday. We who work with Amway promote freedom for the individual. The youth of Iran are preparing to die to get freedom for all.

[Image: 6a00d83451c45669e2011571303907970b-500wi]
Flashback:

Wonderful Trip’: Annette Bening Finds Much to Like in Iran

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd5eJAOkyVQ[/youtube]
My aunt visited Iran a few years ago. She mentioned the bizarre happenings on the train ferry across Lake Van, which connects Iran and Turkey. As they're doing the crossing, the Iran staff, including women, start taking off their headgear, they switched TV stations from religious stuff to western TV, pulled out some drinks and started playing cards!
Freedom is contagious...or the mere prospect of it.

Was told that in China, over the past several years they had 300+ diamonds. (Diamonds in China earn around 70k)
Other restrictions I have heard before...You are only allowed to sponsor 6 people within a year's time and you can only meet with 100 or less people at any given time.

Yet 300+ Diamonds!! Can you say...."Taking our freedom for granted"

Perhaps we should place the same restrictions on the US market. (Joking of course) :glare:
It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. --Roosevelt