Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 PV rule
So if I have get it right it means that if i buy products for less then 50pv I will get them for full price even if I'am a highlevel? I would be able to get products cheaper if I bought products for more then 50pv?
No, in Australia all registered IBOs get IBO pricing, no matter how much they order.

In the UK it's a little different. Everyone pays suggested retail price, then IBOs who do a certain amount get the retail markup back, giving them IBO pricing.

This particularly 50PV rule is Australia/NZ only, though similar rules exist in other markets too.
So If I have get it right it doesn't mean that much because you get paid anyway from other bonuses right? How much will a platinum loose in money if you compare on that buy products for 50pv and one that doesn't buy anything at all?
May I ask which country your in?

How much a platinum will "lose" depends how much volume they have outside of any downline platinum legs. It could be thousands of dollars.

Remember, at the 21% level in Australia, a 3% (100PV) leg is worth $50+/mth, and 18% leg could be over $500/mth.

Note that if you're going to be abroad for an extended period then the rule is not applied if you're a Diamond in your home market, or a Platinum in Australia, or setup a non-resident IBO management agreement.
ibofightback Wrote:May I ask which country your in?

How much a platinum will "lose" depends how much volume they have outside of any downline platinum legs. It could be thousands of dollars.

Remember, at the 21% level in Australia, a 3% (100PV) leg is worth $50+/mth, and 18% leg could be over $500/mth.

Note that if you're going to be abroad for an extended period then the rule is not applied if you're a Diamond in your home market, or a Platinum in Australia, or setup a non-resident IBO management agreement.

I doesn't understand. Why I'm asking is because I'm from Sweden and it will probably be like this here soon too. Or do you think this rule will stay in Australia and NZ?
Well, I hope it comes to Sweden. I'm pretty certain that in theory the rule in Sweden currently is that you don't get any bonus in any month unless you have 10 separate clients in that month. A 50pv personal volume rule is easier! The 10 customer rule is however not enforced, I think it's up the upline platinum to do so if they feel someone is actively doing the wrong thing.
ozibo Wrote:We had the 10 customer rule in Australia too.

It hasn't been enforced though for as long as I have been involved............which is a loooooong time.

As in..............I saw people go Pearl......that long.

Ozbio - this brought a smile to my face, for two reasons.... one being that I remember Pearl's being talked - about my upline direct Wink was Pearl....

The other reasons was when we signed up the form that had the 10 customer rule on it got ripped to great fan fair. It got torn up into little peices and were were told that our upline diamond got a special exemption from this rule. And of course because I had it done when I was signing up I did to people I signed up!

In retrospect our upline diamond didn't have permission from the company....
stickshark Wrote:
ozibo Wrote:We had the 10 customer rule in Australia too.

It hasn't been enforced though for as long as I have been involved............which is a loooooong time.

As in..............I saw people go Pearl......that long.

Ozbio - this brought a smile to my face, for two reasons.... one being that I remember Pearl's being talked - about my upline direct Wink was Pearl....

The other reasons was when we signed up the form that had the 10 customer rule on it got ripped to great fan fair. It got torn up into little peices and were were told that our upline diamond got a special exemption from this rule. And of course because I had it done when I was signing up I did to people I signed up!

In retrospect our upline diamond didn't have permission from the company....

In my LOS, not retailing was never an option.

While the main emphasis has primarily been on sponsoring and building a network of teams, retailing along with sponsoring have always been taught and promoted in my LOS.

I’ve watched my sponsor and Platinum sell to and service customers on a regular basis.

My Diamond has always talked about how an IBO should use their retail profits to fund their business.

In fact, when I first became an IBO, I had two customers before I sponsored my first IBO.

Glad to see it being promoted.

- Ros
Same here - and this in Oz also. At my first seminar I heard a new Double Diamond talk about the fact she still had customers and delivered products. Our monthly LOS training meetings had competitions where the entry ticket was a customer receipt, and at BBS's and elsewhere people were recognized for "doing ten faces" - ie Artistry makeovers.

Things have still needed tweaking, and always will, but there was no tearing of any rules out of the contract. One wonders where it started - most of the IBOs probably had it done with them and just believed it. Somewhere along the line however, someone was actively dishonest.
ibofightback Wrote:Things have still needed tweaking, and always will, but there was no tearing of any rules out of the contract. One wonders where it started - most of the IBOs probably had it done with them and just believed it. Somewhere along the line however, someone was actively dishonest.

I agree, somewhere someone started it, then it became the norm. I believe that Amway should be monitoring the IBO's in the field to make sure things are not going this way. A random audit of X number of IBO's from each organization on a yearly level would suffice. However as this issue we repeated for years without anything being picked up is why Amway now has some credibility problems - which to its credit it is now being proactive in addressing. The old saying a stitch in time saves nine springs to mind. And without exit interviews or random interviews on a semi-regular we will still get the issues as highlighted in the resent post about Bob Mc....