Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 PV rule
Just a simple question TO ACTIVE ABOs..Do you think it is right that an ABO that sells £99 worth of product in a month....does NOT get any rebate or profit in any way .
Question 2. Do you think it is right that an ABO that does £1000 worth of selling in the month..but only has 4 customers..should recieve NO bonus AND that the bonus does NOT go upline.

Im am just asking these questions to get your feed back....not trying to be anti-Amway...as I am still a very active ABO..ie I still sell products, have a group that sell products and get a nice bonus at the end of every month ..allthough my bonus is now only %25 of what it was prior to May 4th 2007
It's absolutely wrong on in both cases and here's why.

1: Under the old plan we did not receive a 3% bonus unless we did 200pv which was equal to £200 0r €300 but we bought at IBO price and sold if we wanted to at recommended retail price - our decision.
2: We always received our bonus at the level we hit and there were no customer restrictions. It should not be a case of the bonus going upline or to the company it should go to where it is earned without restrictions.

These are issues that Amway UK/ROI will have to revisit otherwise they will be boil under the surface and dab feeling will continue.
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
whatsgoingon Wrote:Just a simple question TO ACTIVE ABOs..Do you think it is right that an ABO that sells £99 worth of product in a month....does NOT get any rebate or profit in any way .
Question 2. Do you think it is right that an ABO that does £1000 worth of selling in the month..but only has 4 customers..should recieve NO bonus AND that the bonus does NOT go upline.

Im am just asking these questions to get your feed back....not trying to be anti-Amway...as I am still a very active ABO..ie I still sell products, have a group that sell products and get a nice bonus at the end of every month ..allthough my bonus is now only %25 of what it was prior to May 4th 2007

I'm still confused over this debate. Firstly, the £100 requirement is for personal volume i.e. Customer sales AND own use - surely not a very big sum to achieve ? Most folk could manage that on personal use only.
Secondly, the idea that bonuses do not pass upline is often quoted but I still beleive it is a false one, although I stand open to correction.
It is the Customer Volume Rebate which is "lost" and does not pass upline but the Group Volume on which bonuses are paid is STILL the Group Volume and bonuses are paid on this - it's just the downline who don't manage their own £100 who "miss out".
Please correct me if I am wrong.

A slightly active ABO
[quote="RW1"]2: We always received our bonus at the level we hit and there were no customer restrictions. It should not be a case of the bonus going upline or to the company it should go to where it is earned without restrictions./quote]

This is not true, there were restrictions - they just weren't enforced. A 10 customer rule existed in the UK prior to the DBERR case and still exists throughout Europe. Unless you can prove *ten* customers *every* month, you're not supposed to get the full bonus.

I'm still on the fence re the everyone pays the same price/rebate model. I think I'd have to sit on a beach with a paper and pen for a few days and run some scenarios to decide. It has it's plusses on minuses. What to do with the retail markup in that model is problematic. Simply passing it upline probably isn't the best option, as upline could have some pretty serious incentives to stop folk making their £100!
This is not true, there were restrictions - they just weren't enforced. A 10 customer rule existed in the UK prior to the DBERR case and still exists throughout Europe. Unless you can prove *ten* customers *every* month, you're not supposed to get the full bonus.

I was waiting for that to come out of the woodwork - the ten customer rule was never enforced for as long as I can remember - it's like a work practice becoming the norm.
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
We had the 10 customer rule in Australia too.

It hasn't been enforced though for as long as I have been involved............which is a loooooong time.

As in..............I saw people go Pearl......that long.
cmfitzg Wrote:
whatsgoingon Wrote:Just a simple question TO ACTIVE ABOs..Do you think it is right that an ABO that sells £99 worth of product in a month....does NOT get any rebate or profit in any way .

I'm still confused over this debate. Firstly, the £100 requirement is for personal volume i.e. Customer sales AND own use - surely not a very big sum to achieve ? Most folk could manage that on personal use only.
Secondly, the idea that bonuses do not pass upline is often quoted but I still beleive it is a false one, although I stand open to correction.
It is the Customer Volume Rebate which is "lost" and does not pass upline but the Group Volume on which bonuses are paid is STILL the Group Volume and bonuses are paid on this - it's just the downline who don't manage their own £100 who "miss out".
Please correct me if I am wrong.

A slightly active ABO

Whatsgoingon is correct - See the following - straight from the UK website

Retail Consultant (RC):
A Retail Consultant is allowed to recommend and promote
the Amway products to others for which they are eligible for
a 25% Customer Volume Rebate. This is paid out monthly
after £100/€150 of monthly sales volume is achieved.
RCs are not allowed to sponsor others as ABOs or promote
the Amway Business Opportunity.
Certified Retail Consultant (CRC):
A Certified Retail Consultant maintains the responsibility
of an RC by supporting customers and receiving the
Customer Volume Rebate in the same way. In addition
CRCs are eligible to sponsor others as ABOs and they can
promote the Amway Business Opportunity. Building an
effective team becomes an important part of this role and
for this activity CRCs are entitled to additional Rewards
and Awards through the Amway Sales and Marketing Plan.
Details of bonuses and income examples are available later
in this guide. To be eligible for the Performance bonuses
paid out through the Amway Sales and Marketing Plan a
Certified Retail Consultant must have 5 ordering Registered
Customers and £200/€300 or more in Registered
Customer orders in a month.

As for bonuses going upline - they don't, the company keeps them they even told me so when I asked - yes the PV is cumulative upline in the group in which it was earned, miss either the £200 retail figure or 5 customer minimum the bonus has gone forever - it happened to us early on we had more than the required number of customers but their combined sales were £2 short of the £200 - we self used over £375 that month, achieved a bonus level across the group and kept none of it - it was admittedly our fault for not checking it at the end of the month - but totally unforgiving from Amway's point of view. :glare:
One question I have is - if your own purchase count in the £100/€150 to achieve the 25% rebate then why don't they count to achieve the bonus levels??? this definitely needs to be looked at again
Does this 50pv requirement cover all bonuses or is it just about one special bonus that you get if you buy products for more then 50pv? Say that you are a platinum and you don't buy anything at all, do you don't get paid then from the 4% leadership bonus and so on?
The rule notification says -

Quote:all IBOS must reach a 50 PV personal requirement in order to receive a performance bonus resultant from the purchases of products obtained by his/her personal group

This would imply it only applies to the volume rebate schedule and not other bonuses.

(note: this is an ANZ rule)