Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you see bus. working under diff. political systems?
The Senate bill would require coverage for prescription drugs, mental-health benefits, and substance-abuse services. It also requires policies to insure "children" until the age of 26. That's just the starting list. The bills would allow the Department of Health and Human Services to add to the list of required benefits, based on recommendations from a committee of experts. Americans, therefore, wouldn't even know what's in their plans and what they're required to pay for, directly or indirectly, until after the bills become law.

THAT part made my skin crawl. By dropping our prescription drug coverage and mental health benefits - it lowered our out-of-pocket costs by half. Now we only pay about $600 per month for health care, instead of $1200 or more. Yes, I can find cheaper insurance - but I want the option to go to the finest facility for whatever it is that we need. If I hadn't been able to drive to Baltimore for my hip resurfacing (common as heck in Europe - but still under FDA Trial in the USA at that time) - I would have had a conventional hip replacement instead. Which I would have already worn out :cry:

Why is it that every time our Gov't decides to "fix" something - they make it worse???? And ironically - the health care plan they are designing for *US* - they don't want. They want their OWN plan :rant:
Deb Wrote:The Senate bill would require coverage for prescription drugs, mental-health benefits, and substance-abuse services. It also requires policies to insure "children" until the age of 26. That's just the starting list. The bills would allow the Department of Health and Human Services to add to the list of required benefits, based on recommendations from a committee of experts. Americans, therefore, wouldn't even know what's in their plans and what they're required to pay for, directly or indirectly, until after the bills become law.

Correct. "Committee experts" get to change the coverage once this is passed.

Currently my premiums are lower because we do not have need of services like mental health coverage, pregnancy or abortions.

Can't wait until the committee experts tell me what services I do need.
Deb, if you need to earn extra money to afford Obama-care, you can get a part time job by promoting Obama-care. Here is an ad on Craigslist:

Work to Pass President Obama's Health Care Plan! $10-15 an hr! (Mid-Wilshire)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-08-11, 8:13AM PDT
Reply to: see below

[Image: can-pic-health.jpg]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now is our chance to make health care work.
America’s health care system is broken. Health care costs are spiraling out of control, throwing families, businesses and government into financial crisis. Families are worried their health coverage won’t be there when they need it. Our country can’t afford to wait for health reform that keeps costs down and protects consumers.

We can’t wait for affordable, dependable health care.

We’re fighting for health care that will protect families’ financial health, lay out a clear path for all Americans to afford health care, and improve patient safety and quality care.

You can work for change.
Join motivated staff around the country working to make change happen. You can make great friends and money along the way. Earn $400-$600 a week.

To apply for a job, visit our website—www.JobsThatMatter.org—or call Peter at 213-251-8630

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/npo...70023.html

So an extra 200-400 per month in premiums would be no problem for you since you would be making $400-$600 per week!

Get on board!
MichMan Wrote:Here is one.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://money.cnn.com/2009/07/24/news/economy/health_care_reform_obama.fortune/">http://money.cnn.com/2009/07/24/news/ec ... a.fortune/</a><!-- m -->

Currently people can purchase health insurance plans with deductibles up to $10,000 and co-pays of another $10,000.

The argument from liberals is that health people like me are not paying their fair share to cover the expenses of other people users of the system.

As best I can tell that article doesn't refer at all to the self-insured, and again, as best I can tell (and it's not easy to tell!), nothing changes for you if you like what you have - assuming your current provider doesn't change things, which they can do now too of course.
I talked to my US Senator's office yesterday. This is real. But it is not in the Senate version since there is no Senate version yet.

The argument in favor of the lower deductible is this- If people can afford more out of pocket expense, they can afford to pay more into the system to off set the people who are using more insurance. If all of the healthy people have higher deductibles (and lower premiums), they are "cheating" others who are heavy users of the system. Confusedcratch: (By cheating the system, they mean that we are not paying our fair share... Gee, where have we heard that before?) If the healthy people pay less, that means that someone else has to pay more, or so goes the argument.

#1 I understand you haven't kept up on it. I have tried somewhat. One article I read claimed that the maximum deductible allowed would be $1000.

#2 No use trying to update you. The health reform bill is a moving target. The House passed one bill. The Senate has not even introduced their version. It is likely that the Senate bill will not be so partisian, so extreme or so expensive.

#3 The good news is that if I am "taxed" an extra $2000 per year, it must mean that I am one of the wealthy, because Obama promised that only the rich would pay more. (Yee-ha! Now I'm rich!)

#4 Hopefully, the politicians will listen to the nation and go back to Washington and start over.