Hello There, Guest!

Poll: Should Amway make sugar sweetened XS?
Yes
No

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XS energy and artificial sweetener
As some of you may know, XS energy uses sucarlose. Not much is know about the toxicity or side-effects of the artificial sweetener. It's is believed to be linked to trigger seizures in people with epilepsy(like myself), which is why I avoid drinking XS and consuming sucarlose altogether. I do not give XS to family either simply because I don't no want to give my them something that could be potentially toxic. I believe Amway should or at least consider making an XS series with sugar instead. Do any of you believe that Amway would consider this?
I'm not sure why you think "not much is know about the toxicity or side-effects" of sucralose? More than 100 studies were evaluated before FDA approval and there's been plenty more since. Include in that is investigating the allegation it may trigger seizures - and no evidence was found to support this.

Having said that, what people believe is also important if you want to market stuff to them, and "all natural" is considered healthier than artificial sweetners. Sugar is absolutely not the answer, it's the source of many of the modern worlds health problems (primarily via increased level of overweight and obese). Sugary carbonated drinks are a health disaster and XS is marketed as a low-cal healthier, good tasting alternative.

What some competitors are doing and I'm aware that XS was looking in to this, is replacing sucralose and other sweetners with Stevia. There have been challenges keeping the taste though.