Hello There, Guest!

• Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much money do you guys make in Amway
... and how long has it taken you to get to this point?

Sorry for the blunt question, but some friends of mine are trying to get me to sign up, and they're feeding me all sorts of stories about people who are making money by the bushel. I'd like to get a more realistic feel for how successful real people are.

I'm not anti-Amway, or even anti-network marketing, I'd just like to get a good feel for what I can expect.

... And yes, I understand that I'll get out of it what I put into it (no 'get rich quick').

Thanks in advance! Smile
LOL!

Great question. But I will predict you will not get ONE answer. People in Amway do not talk about how much money they are making (or losing).

Your answers (if you get any) will be variations of these responses:

1- The degree of my success should not determine the degree of your success.

2- The sky is the limit. You can make as much money as you want to.

3- This is your business. You determine your income.

4- My upline said he made more this year than he has for the rest of his life combined. And he just bought a new Mercedes for cash.

5- It getting better all the time.

6- You wouldn't believe me if I told you.
First time I was in I sold a bunch of products, made a few hundred a month, never went to a meeting or built a network
Second time I was in I built up to a regular few thousand a month, had some problems in my other businesses, had to stop working this business, got divorced and gave the business to my former wife
Third time around I've been unable to build a network due to other committments, and have primarily been a shopper, but network or retail if the opportunity arises and make a few hundred a month here and there.

By the way, all the Diamonds and above are "real people" too Smile
Georgio,

I make around $1000-$2000/month through this business. That income has helped my wife go from full-time to part-time as we care for my father in law who has Alzheimers. I also use it to pay for my car payment, and a few extras around the house. I also use it to fund my retirement account and to fund various causes I believe in like Compassion International, Equip (John Maxwell's leadership training for 3rd world countries) and Wallbuilders. It is possible to make a much larger income from this business as my sponsors are my Founders Platinums and I've seen their lifestyle change significantly (a Founders Platinum makes a $20,000 yearly bonus check on top of their monthly income). I've been in the business for over a decade and have been "active" for most of that time. By "active" I mean that I usually put in around 5-8 hours a week into it.
I've also seen a close relative of mine go Diamond, he's now been a Diamond for over 17 years and has enjoyed a large six figure income on a part-time basis for all those years.

Our "friend" Michman is a loser who likes to paint a negative picture of this business. I call him a loser because he tried it, didn't make it, and now likes to discourage others from even attempting it. Losers are people who fall, and then say "He pushed me". The good news is, anyone can change.

The business does take hard work, it also depends on a variety of factors such as people skills, attitude, and overcoming fear. That's why no one can guarantee your success. It's really an art based on a science. Think of it as being a Doctor. You diagnose the patient's problem based on your knowledge and experience. But, it's still an art based on a science.

Good luck to you, and I hope you make the right decision.
All it takes for the forces of evil to rule this world is for enough good people to do nothing.
Wow! Thanks for all the great answers. I honestly didn't expect so many people to be so willing to help a guy like me (someone on the outside looking in), but so far the fast response is amazing. If nothing else, it tells me that this business has a wonderful community that's willing to help each other become successful. That goes a long way, in my book anyways!
Thanks georgio, and I hope you decide to get involved with this business and really work to make it grow. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you do!

Here's another point to consider. I've known several traditional franchise owners of Quiznos, an ice cream shop, a yogurt shop, and a fast food restaurant. These people still work full-time jobs elsewhere. So not only do they run a full-time business, but they still need to have a full-time job. I give them a lot of credit as they work very long hours. My guess is they probably aren't making enough from their business so they have to work another job. I'm not putting that down, but that is the reality of their situation.

The bottom line is almost any traditional business takes a lot of capital, and time.
All it takes for the forces of evil to rule this world is for enough good people to do nothing.
Hi georgio,

Welcome to this forum and also considering this MLM business.

As always, some people like it, some don't. And anyone should be respected for their opinion.
Me and my wife have been into the Amway business less than a year, we are now getting aprox. $500/month from it reaching the 15% level and also doing some retailing every month.

We decided from the begining to give it a chance and work active with it for at least 24 month to see if it's works for us. We have been selfemplyeed for 20 years so we know what it means to run a business and that it takes time before you can decide if it can works for us and give us what we want from it.

Within a month after we joined (signed up) we made up goals for the different levels and what time it takes to reach them, and so far we make them Big Grin

We also decided to join the N21-system for education. Thats means that we pays for receving CD's every month, go to functions on a regular basis etc. We also go to Open Plan every week and try to bring people with us. Talk to our uplines and get counceling from them as well.

A.s.a.p. we also will have international business to expand and have oportunity to travel (as we likes that). Today we have 2 downline (foreign) Emaralds in our group helping them with their contacts in Sweden. And I hope that we soon can give them names from us to work with in their country and start our business in that country.

Remember, it's YOUR decision, no one else can take it for you. And the most important is that you set up a goal, a big dream and really work on it to receive it.

Go Diamond (we are)
/Sven
Cool
visioneer Wrote:Our "friend" Michman is a loser who likes to paint a negative picture of this business. I call him a loser because he tried it, didn't make it, and now likes to discourage others from even attempting it.

I love you too.

You guys really like to namecall don't you?

BTW, here is what I just posted on another thread about what I think of this business-

I respect the DeVos and VanAndel families and what they have done for West Michigan. I respect what people like them mean to our nation. I respect their reputation regarding the way the treat their employees. etc.

I disagree with the strong armed tactics of their legal department (the one-sided ibo agreement, manditory arbitration by Amway trained arbitrators) and the way they have let the AMOs run amuck. Hopefully the accredidation process is reining in the system abuses.

Regarding the price of the products.... That would not be such a sore issue were it not for the "buy from yourself and teach other people to do the same" system was not taught. The "you are your best customer... Don't ever expect your upline to do a meeting for you if you have one negative product in your house...If you are not 100 percent Amway products you are not committed to this business..."

If on the other hand ibos were taught to purchase the products that make sense for them and your budget, and have a retail base, nobody would feel pressured to purchase $13/can shaving cream. Like Bridgett says, the BFY model is the only reason Amway has not dropped some prices or eliminated uncompetitive products.
Michman,
What do you mean "you guys"??

Georgio,

The best thing you can do with regards to this business, is to treat it as such. When you treat it as if you were running like a regular business, you will see results.

Here is the analogy. Many people play Texas Hold em for free online. When you play for free you often times take many chances that you would not otherwise take. I have found that when a person pretends he/she is playing with real money in the free games...they often times come out way on top.

So treat this like you are playing for real and you will often get real results.

BTW--Personal circle with customers every month yield me over $500 a month. Downline volume add another $400-600 on a regular basis with several months higher than that. Not a platinum yet..but getting there. Understand it is a process just like any other business. Stick with it, try, fail, adjust. Only way you lose is if you quit your business.
It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. --Roosevelt
TB, I was not referring to you.

It was my experience that name-calling is/was part of the Amway culture. I never heard it from the corporation, Rich DeVos or family, the Van Andels, or any of the corporate people who spoke at our functions. As a matter of fact, Rich DeVos has spoken out against the namecalling and labelling by distributors.

It is a largely AMO/LOA phenomenon. (loser, quitter, whiner, stinking pig, etc)

Even in the last conversation you and I had about namecalling, you defended the label "quitter." You also posted some quotes from Rich DeVos where he talked about the "people who quit." (Of course he was careful not to label anyone a quitter) You say that a person who quits is by definition a quitter. While that may be true in a sense, there is a distinction.

Do sports announcers commonly refer to the losing team as a group of losers? Would any NFL player go on TV and call the losing team losers? Have you seen many coaches call the losing team losers?

Would you let your children call others losers, after those people lost a game?

Of course, not. It is for those same reasons that Rich DeVos has tried to stamp out the practice in this business.
  • Next 
  •