Hello There, Guest!

• Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fellow Gun Nuts
This is, in fact, about Amway.
It is about the freedoms that we enjoy and Amway has always promoted.
The Second, is the Amendment that insures all the rest.

This is from a thread at: DTO
DodgeTrucks.Org :: Log in
You might be interested in the conversation, which will be similar to ours, but a bit different.
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:39 pm Post subject: My fellow gun nuts Reply with quote
An email I received:

Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 18:45:02 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Subject: Gun Control Has Begun in the U. S. Military..
To: undisclosed-recipients

ALL ACTIVE DUTY MEMBERS HEADS UP!!!!

Gentlemen,

I am an 11B currently assigned at Fort Campbell. I live off post, with my
firearms (which I don't bring on post for any reason). A very frightening
thing happened at work yesterday. I was ordered to fill out a list
containing my firearm information. This included make, model, caliber, and
serial number of all firearms I currently posses. In addition, I was also
required to list registration information, location of all weapons
individually, and information regarding any CCW permits I posses. If you
are like me, then the people you work with know you have firearms. So I
had to list at least some. I tried to talk to my 1sg (who is normally
approachable through proper channels) to find out what this is for, and I
was basically told, "I don't give a ! &@%, just put your info on the form."
I don't know how high this goes, but I am hearing that this is going on in
other units at Fort Campbell as well. It just seems a little coincidental to
me that within 90 days: the most anti-firearm President in history is
inaugurated, some of the nastiest anti-firearm laws are put on the table
in Washington, and then the Army comes around wanting what amounts
to a registration on all firearms even if they are off post, and doesn't
provide any reason or purpose as to why. I fear something really nasty is
blowing in the wind here. I have been in almost 8 years, and never have
any of my units asked for this information. If any of you out there have
any info as to what all this crap is about please chime in. Otherwise consider
yourself warned. I have already posted this on every other firearm forum I
am a member of to get the word out.

Here it is folks.

NOTE: There is a copy of the orders attached to the email. I'll only post if it is absolutely necessary.

Pilgrims and Founding Fathers were all religious nuts with guns.

Political correctness sucks.
:offtopic:

This is NOTHING to do with Amway and everything to do with the peverse US (?) obsession with owning and carrying the means to blow out the brains of their fellow man. What really bugs me is that anyone who disagrees with the macho-gun lobby is regarded as a red/commie/liberal or whatever term of "abuse" the objector wishes to use.
The words they should be using are brother/sister/friend, etc.

We are all on this earth together and need to learn to LIVE together, not blow each others brains out.

In the UK we are shocked by deaths in our country from knives, guns (rarely) and other weapons but they are miniscule compared to the carnage wreaked in the US in the name of the Constitution. Pardon me but the Constitution in this case is b******s !
:rant: :rant: :rant:
"We are all on this earth together and need to learn to LIVE together, not blow each others brains out."
Unfortunately this happens to be contrary to human nature. Great Britain's and world history sort of proves that.

People, unable to defend themselves from tyranny have been enslaved throughout time.

People with guns don't kill people. Bad people kill people. Especially defenseless people.
What astounds me is that folk who claim to be all about defending the constitution and defending people from tyranny seem to think the way to do it is to make up lies about their political opposition.

It took me all of 10 seconds to check up this story Shatto, I suggest you do the same before doing similar posts.
I ought to have done that myself. Agreed.

Let us point out that Snopes does say the story is a mixture of truth and untruth.

The point was my point.
shatto Wrote:The point was my point.

Sorry? What was your point exactly? That some company commander was attempting to determine who in his unit owned firearms, in order to help determine how best to avoid further incidents of accidental firearms discharge, one of which had resulted in a death?

Oh yes, that point has a lot to do with Amway .... uhuh ....

Shatto, I've had enough of your political posts. I'll delete further ones, even in the "anything goes" area. Occasional posts of this sort might be acceptable if you contributed more to the topic of the board, Amway, but it seems your primary purpose on this forum is to espouse your political viewpoints, not to talk about Amway.

That's not what we're here for, you might be happier on a political forum. Try Daily Kos if you want to argue with Democrats or Free Republic if you want to find Republicans to agree with.
I have to agree with IBOFB on this point. This is 'Amway Talk' and I would like to see it stay focused on Amway.

I am a gun owner, have been for over 30 years. As far as my personal weapon, I have never fired it except on a gun range. I would only use it in self-defense. There is a difference between a 'gun nut' and a responsible gun owner.

I have had to kill people in war (Vietnam) and would not like to have to do it again, but my familys safety comes first.

That is all I have to say on this.

Please, lets try to keep 'Amway Talk' more focused on this business.
cmfitzg Wrote::offtopic:

This is NOTHING to do with Amway and everything to do with the peverse US (?) obsession with owning and carrying the means to blow out the brains of their fellow man. What really bugs me is that anyone who disagrees with the macho-gun lobby is regarded as a red/commie/liberal or whatever term of "abuse" the objector wishes to use.
The words they should be using are brother/sister/friend, etc.

We are all on this earth together and need to learn to LIVE together, not blow each others brains out.

In the UK we are shocked by deaths in our country from knives, guns (rarely) and other weapons but they are miniscule compared to the carnage wreaked in the US in the name of the Constitution. Pardon me but the Constitution in this case is b******s !
:rant: :rant: :rant:

While I agree with that this is an off topic discussion, you cmfitzg have no right to disparage the US constitution and the rights it affords us Americans.

What is BS, is that you and your country find it necessary to tell us Americans "how to behave" what to "have and not have". Yet, if it wasn't for us and our guns...you would be speaking German at this point.

Here is my other point with regards to your statement. With our 2nd Amendment, name one country on this planet that would even consider an invasion of the USA. It would never happen, it wouldn't even be considered. Yes, it is extreme to think like this...but it is something you probably never considered.

Our founders already had this in mind when they wrote our constitution.

Sorry for my post and aggressiveness of this post, but if you want to trash someone's rights and constitution, perhaps you should start with your own!!

***Note--This is coming from someone who does not own a single gun---unless you consider paintball markers a gun Smile
It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. --Roosevelt
TB 2 IBO Wrote:What is BS, is that you and your country find it necessary to tell us Americans "how to behave" what to "have and not have". Yet, if it wasn't for us and our guns...you would be speaking German at this point.

Ummm ... this is a bit of a stretch. It was the American armed forces that helped liberate Europe and defend the UK, not American citizens with guns in their homes.

Here is my other point with regards to your statement. With our 2nd Amendment, name one country on this planet that would even consider an invasion of the USA. It would never happen, it wouldn't even be considered. Yes, it is extreme to think like this...but it is something you probably never considered.[/quote]

Also a bit of a stretch, and historically inaccurate. Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany had plans drawnup for a US invasion, as did Hitler. You also seem to have forgotten Pearl Harbour - Japan did attack the US and even overran some American territory in Alaska, then there's the US war with Mexico (albeit after the US invaded Mexico and annexed Texas and California), which took place on US soil.

All of these well after the second amendment, it didn't discourage any of them.

By contrast countries like Norway and Austria had very high citizen gun ownership, but that didn't stop Germany at all, did it?

It's the US armed forces that make the US strong, not armed citizens, entirely apart from the fact most of the world isn't that interested in invading anyone..

Quote:Our founders already had this in mind when they wrote our constitution.

Well history has proved them wrong then - except of course for the fact the supposed "right to bear arms" wasn't put in your constitution by "the founders" per se. It was added some years later, hence it's an "amendment"
What I found funny was that Americans are getting criticized for having laws protecting private gun ownership from people in the UK.

If it wasn't for England's abuse of the American colonists, there might not have ever been a 2nd Amendment protecting the right to bear arms.

The 1st Amendment granting freedom from a state mandated religion, the 2nd Amendment granting private citizens the right to bear arms and the 3rd Amendment forbidding soldiers from quartering in people's homes were ALL the result of the abuses endured by the colonists at the hands of the English. And the list goes on.

No doubt, the first 10 Amendments (The Bill of Rights) were ALL written with England in mind.
  • Next 
  •