Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why people critize systems
Bridgett Wrote:Whatever. You are a troll, and will be treated as such.

"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."

Bridgett,
I don't believe MichMan has been a troll by your definition. MichMan was not trying to provoke anybody into an emotional response or trying to disrupt normal on-topic discussion. He had been involved with the discussion already and his response was still on topic, even if you didn't agree with it.
Also, I believe his response was meant to be a humorous reply to your quote, and it actually has some truth to it if you really think about it. I also don't believe he was implying you personally have left any "dead bodies" behind, but simply that some people have.
Although you disagree with MichMan most of the time, I don't think he is a Troll or deserves to be treated as such by you or anybody else. While his view may be different than yours, his view should be allowed if he is on topic.
Anyways, that is just my view...
StickShark,

I welcome what you have to say. I appreciate how you say it. And I appreciate how you don't take what is supposed to be a positive and encouraging comment to a fellow IBO and "rain on my parade".

I made that comment several comments back. Visioneer quoted it several comments back. It was only when I displayed ANY sense of joy, that The Troll decided to paint a picture of dead bodies. Totally and completely uncalled for and adds NOTHING to the conversation.

Now back to our regularly schedule program---a lovely thread on "Why People Critizie Systems"...

Next up, under the Anything Goes area, we'll be starting some exciting new threads, such as..

"Why do people criticize their spouse"
"Why do people criticize their parents"
"Why do people citicize their government"
"Why do people criticize their children"
"Why do people criticize their friends"
"Why do people criticize their family"
"Why do people criticize their boss"
"Why do people criticize their employees"
"Why do people criticize their coworkers"
and "Why do people criticize their themselves"

:bananas: :bananas: :bananas:
Bridgett, I know you won't accept this but I will say it anyway.

I regret using the word "you" in the example, because it made my comment sound like it was directed at you when it wasn't. And I wish I would have reworked the sentence with a different example than the "dead bodies" expression I used.

I don't think you personally are part of the problem.

So I will practice what I preach.

I'm s--s--s--sorry and I was w--w--wrong.

(ouch, that hurts to say. And I really hate that Rich DeVos book right now!)

Anyway, cheers.
stickshark Wrote:
joebrueske Wrote:The best thing in those situations, especially if they're still doing it, is to report them to the corporation. Cause let me tell you, and I heard it from Doug DeVos from stage this past weekend, they are looking forward.

After a year of thought and mulling things over I did write a letter to the corp. I waited to make sure that I was able to communicate the facts, not get all ranty about stuff !

Their response: "Thank you for informing up, we are aware of issues and we are working to overcome them"

To be honest this was a totally underwhelming response. No statement to say that they have fixed the problem, or even talked to the people - and when I tried to get a more specific response, rather than this corporate BS speak I got told that I was expected to much and that I would never get a specific response.

I don't know what pissed me off more - being dicked around by up upline or being fobbed of by the company. :banghead:

From today's Grand Rapids Press, here's how Amway Hotel Corp. handles customer concerns. Maybe there is something to be learned here:

Businesses are tuning into social networking
by Olivia Pulsinelli | Business Review Western Michigan
Thursday April 02, 2009, 7:59 AM

Last month, the Amway Hotel Corp. launched an initiative that capitalizes on those opportunities (Facebook, LinkedIn). It has invited guests of the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, the JW Marriott or the Downtown Courtyard by Marriott in Grand Rapids to comment about their experiences on social media sites -- industry-specific sites, such as Travelocity or TripAdvisor, or general social networking, such as blogs, Facebook or MySpace -- and send a link to the corporation. Doing so qualifies them for hotel credits.

Part of the inspiration for this program was a guest's comments on the city-review site Yelp, said Chad LeRoux, Amway Hotel Corp. corporate director of marketing.

The customer had posted some concerns about her stay at the Amway Grand, and the corporation responded to her comments. She was so impressed with the response that she upped her rating.

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michi...ation.html
That "dead bodies" comment made me laugh. Without context that sounds like a scene from Happy Tree Friends.
:rotfl:
Sticky, my friend, it sucks dealing with companies in general. Sometimes when I've called the corporation to ask a question, cause upline is on a hunting trip or something, I get a corporate answer. Then I ask my upline why they act that way, and of course it's because they're employees and not everyone "welcomes treats you like friend and family." I've also had opposite experiences, like your crossline, where I've talked through an issue with rules (with upline on the phone too) and you get the feeling that they really care about you and not just the rules.

Communication is just one of those sticky situations, especially when it comes to these matters. I've heard some stories where people wrote letters to the family and got a typed form letter like you did. Because of it they quit cause they didn't feel the company cared. During one talk Doug had mentioned that "it's just unfortunate that it takes one person to ruin everyone's reputation." Thankfully though, as I mentioned earlier, they're moving forward and some people "will choose not to move with us."

There have also been people in my life that I've had to learn to forgive them and move on, regardless if they know they wronged me or not. My sister has taught me that because she does it every time I'm with her. My family knows she will not apologize for anything she does, and her behavior continues to drive a wedge between all of us. Thankfully, I've chosen to forgive her every day and for that reason, I'd say she is one of my better friends .... that I hate being around. :lol:
MichMan Wrote:What in the accredidation criteria was so objectionable by these LOAs? What practices were they continuing up until very recently that would have disqualified them for the Amway's accredidation process?

Before accreditation became effectively compulsory, as outline by Bridgett, a system source told me that the corp had come up with similar types of schemes before, and each time a number of systems spent a deal of time and money investing in it, and then the corp dropped the idea - not surprisingly these systems had no urge to go through it all again. That's one reason why a number of the older larger systems didn't jump on the bandwagon straightaway.
I would not be surprised to find out that Amway had tried before to rein in the LOAs with some kind of accredidation.

We do know that Amway attempted to compete with the LOAs in the manufacturing of audio recordings. The TIFF Diamonds were led to believe by Amway employees that Amway Corp would manufacture and distribute the tools. This promise emboldened many Diamonds to break away from Gooch/Childers.

Unfortunately for the Diamonds, Amway backed out. (Or the TIFF Diamonds broke away too early. Who knows?) Regardless, the Diamonds were fired. The ones that weren't fired quit.

If your hearsay is true, it is too bad that Amway backed down to the LOAs. They should have done this years ago.
ibofightback Wrote:
MichMan Wrote:What in the accredidation criteria was so objectionable by these LOAs? What practices were they continuing up until very recently that would have disqualified them for the Amway's accredidation process?

Before accreditation became effectively compulsory, as outline by Bridgett, a system source told me that the corp had come up with similar types of schemes before, and each time a number of systems spent a deal of time and money investing in it, and then the corp dropped the idea - not surprisingly these systems had no urge to go through it all again. That's one reason why a number of the older larger systems didn't jump on the bandwagon straightaway.

Sorry to respond to a year old post - but hey! You invited me here Big Grin

I think the Corp was unable to enforce much until there was a more *cooperative* group within the IBOAI?? For possibly the first time in decades, the group is NOT composed solely of members of a few dominant AMOs; and there are more people representing income from product revenue as opposed to tool revenue?

Deb
It was actually only a few months old - you probably saw the "join date" under the original posters ID. Having said that, feel free to respond to any post, nice to have you here Deb :hello:

I suspect you're correct. If I had the time I'd see if I could dredge up info on board members by year and match to LOA/LOS.
Deb / IBOFB

My understanding that all Platinums in USA (North America?) get a vote (yearly?) as to who is on the board. Then I could see the problem. In the early/mid 80's when the business with tool profit seemed to expand very quickly, then these platinums would vote for their upline.

I guess not various LOA's have imploded and tools groups aren't so hot now the space has opened for different faces on the board.

I would love to know if and what happened to the Australian equivalent IBOA....... and if there are any other type boards for other markets.