Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why people critize systems
I don't have a lot of faith in accreditation process. Why ?

When a diamond looks me in the eye and tells me not to do what Amway has explicitly and publicly states to disobey a direct order from Amway - why would I have faith that this organization will know magically comply with what Amway says..... Yes I agree that I can't comment about what the diamond is doing, because it has been 3 years ago since that conversation. Respect is given, but trust is earned, and I would not trust these people/LOA as they have shown in the past that they are unethical. One cannot change someone from unethical to ethical behavior just because they need some bit of paper called "accreditation"
MichMan Wrote:I understand that.

But other LOAs like Foley/Childers and Jodi Victor acheived accredidation years ago. So why did the large LOAs have to be forced into the process by threat of withholding bonus money?

What in the accredidation criteria was so objectionable by these LOAs? What practices were they continuing up until very recently that would have disqualified them for the Amway's accredidation process?

You'd have to ask them. When you go through the Q & A I could find a few aspects that some associations would like and others they wouldn't. You must "complying with the IBO Communications Platform, providing a balanced training curriculum that includes business-building, product training, and personal development elements." If you pay out money you must be "using professional development compensation plans that are transparent, written, and contractual." You should be "Participating in Best Practices training for all IBOs and leaders" and finally be in "[compliance] with the Quixtar Rules of Conduct and Good Standing criteria."

As we all have learned in the past many people never knew that some groups even had speaker fees, right? When you read the whole procedure when I first started, I thought, "Oh, right. Yeah, duh! Of course, that's how you run a business." Then I heard about all the crap that people use to try to pull and I couldn't believe that Amway let that stuff happen for so long.

It's unfortunate you're no longer an IBO since the FAQ answers all those questions. The typical time table they laid out in the FAQ (which is outdated) was 180 days. So six months. But you have all the BSMs to review to make sure they're in compliance. Yager, BWW, WWDB, those are all huge groups!

As for your situation stickshark, it sucks that a Diamond told you to do that. There will always be people everywhere who think they can try to do that to us. The best thing in those situations, especially if they're still doing it, is to report them to the corporation. Cause let me tell you, and I heard it from Doug DeVos from stage this past weekend, they are looking forward. They don't want to be held back because there are people who don't want to be team players.

Just like Bridget said, some have already left because they don't want to change, sucks to be them. Cause we're gonna make a lot more money than them! So, if you got a Diamond not following rules, council upline and if your upline is too squimish... call the corp.
joebrueske Wrote:The best thing in those situations, especially if they're still doing it, is to report them to the corporation. Cause let me tell you, and I heard it from Doug DeVos from stage this past weekend, they are looking forward.

After a year of thought and mulling things over I did write a letter to the corp. I waited to make sure that I was able to communicate the facts, not get all ranty about stuff !

Their response: "Thank you for informing up, we are aware of issues and we are working to overcome them"

To be honest this was a totally underwhelming response. No statement to say that they have fixed the problem, or even talked to the people - and when I tried to get a more specific response, rather than this corporate BS speak I got told that I was expected to much and that I would never get a specific response.

I don't know what pissed me off more - being dicked around by up upline or being fobbed of by the company. :banghead:
joebrueske - I had someone cross line to me who wrote a letter to a senior player in Amway, I think it was Doug. Anyway she said that she received a personal letter back, thanking her for communication and apologizing for Amway not doing better to police things / fix things.

I guess that Doug's attitude has not (yet) filtered down to down under......
joebrueske Wrote:the FAQ answers all those questions. The typical time table they laid out in the FAQ (which is outdated) was 180 days. So six months. But you have all the BSMs to review to make sure they're in compliance. Yager, BWW, WWDB, those are all huge groups!

The large LOAs have avoided the accredidation process for years.

And Amway's FAQ, will not tell us why certain LOAs resisted coming into compliance or the areas in which they were sub-par.

The large LOAs/AMOs only came to the table because bonus money was offered to them and their downlines. If they did not comply, they received no bonus money.

I would imagine that many of the AMO/LOA leaders were not that concerned about making another bonus or two from Amway, if it meant that they had to give up tool money which could be much, much greater.

But when Amway offered money to all the lower pins in accredidated systems, they were forced to deal with Amway.

So it makes you wonder, WHAT is it in the accredidation process that these LOA leaders were trying to resist for so long?
visioneer Wrote:Life is moving way too fast for me to keep looking in the rearview mirror. The windshield is HUGE compared to that tiny mirror for a reason.

Good one Bridgett, can I use that quote? :grin:

Absolutely! :yahoo:
Bridgett Wrote:
visioneer Wrote:Life is moving way too fast for me to keep looking in the rearview mirror. The windshield is HUGE compared to that tiny mirror for a reason.

To which the police officer would reply, "I understand you want to get somewhere in a hurry. But you do realize that there are a lot of dead bodies back there, don't you?"
MichMan Wrote:
Bridgett Wrote:

To which the police officer would reply, "I understand you want to get somewhere in a hurry. But you do realize that there are a lot of dead bodies back there, don't you?"

Look MichMan, my experience, and visioneer's is not, has not, and never will be yours. We have zero experience of you "dead body" analogy. You took a lovely, encouraging comment, and TRIED to turn it in to a pile of crap.

You are disrespectful. You didn't need to add your two negative cents, and yet you did. Why?

Because you had a crappy upline and a crappy experience with the Amway Business means you have to be so nasty?Does it really give you great pleasure being a troll?

Whatever. You are a troll, and will be treated as such.

I hope IBOFB's trip away gives him some perspective and sees that he should have kicked you off his site a long time ago. He came very close a couple of weeks ago, and yet he gave you grace (oh, what a concept!) after you gave some lame, inauthentic apology for your outrageously rude behavior toward him.

"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion."[attachment=0]

Attached Files

.jpg   troll.jpg (Size: 17.02 KB / Downloads: 374)
My apologies if you were offended.

My main points on this post were these:

I was wondering why it took so long for certain (not all) LOAs to come on board.... why it took the threat of loss of income for them and their group, for the big AMOs to agree to become accredited.

And secondly was this. Amway's new, fresh start would carry a lot more weight if the corporation and certain LOAs simply took the advice of Rich DeVos and said, "I'm sorry and we were wrong." Ignoring the what's behind and looking through the windsheild at the sunny road ahead with your foot on the accelerator does not address any of the excesses that hundreds of thousands of people have experienced.

IBOFB would say (and has said) that the corp could never apoligize because it would weaken current ongoing court cases. That may be true.

But I think in the long run it would help them a lot.
I agree in principle with MichMan, even though sometimes his expression of his ideas could be done slighty better.

We all travel through life with burdens from out past weighing us down. It is important that we learn skills to help remove our baggage as it slows us down. Thus we must balance between looking forward, and looking honestly behind us to see what issues we are dragging forward with us.

The same can be said of companies. They have a reputation in the market place based upon previous experiences. To undertake significant shifts of this reputation they must balance between looking forward and also making peace with the issues of the past.

In this case Amway is moving forward with accreditation, changing focus, changing products, changing marketing, changing education. These are all good things moving forward.

However there are still issues in the past that need to be laid to rest. There are hundreds of thousands of people out of a market of 4.5 million that have a negative experience or outlook of the Amway business..... these people whos experience now might be out of date, is still a valid experience and they will continue to have a negative outlook until they experience the "new" Amway (this has the assumption that things have fundermentally changed, this assumption may or may not be valid). The best thing for these people would be an apology. How about a full page in the two main papers in NZ - sorry we didn't monitor your distributors properly, sorry that you lost money, sorry that you were taught to be dishonest by your upline etc etc.

This would show people the better side of Amway. I personally don't believe that Amway knows the extent of the problem in this market - but I will never know if this is right cause I don't count as I am not a silver or above so what would I know.