Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why don’t people just tell you it’s Amway?
New post on TTAA - Why don’t people just tell you it’s Amway?

Amway could do a great advertisement along similar lines.
Ibo dude, how do u handle the question, "Is this Amway?"
Well ... I'd check with your own upline to see what works for them in your market, but I say the same as what my sponsor said to me when I asked him "Is this Amway?" when he called to invite me - "yeah it is - what do you know about Amway?"
ibofightback Wrote:Well ... I'd check with your own upline to see what works for them in your market, but I say the same as what my sponsor said to me when I asked him "Is this Amway?" when he called to invite me - "yeah it is - what do you know about Amway?"

You are a kinder person than I Wink when confronted with someone who I sensed would be slightly hostile or wouldn't listen anyway, I'd reply "It's Amway - can you be open-minded enough to hear how it works?" Tongue
That invites the response "I already know how it works". Heck, I'd been in Amway before (a different LOA), so I thought I knew how it worked. I didn't - and I didn't know how it worked different between different groups either.
Here's the reason as a 'simple answer'

It's hard to convince someone about something when they think that they know what it is. In other words - if you say - 'hey, let me tell you about Amway'... someone will immediately identify what -you're doing with their pre-conception.

When I first started making a lot of money in the industry, my wife wasn't used to this kind of business (I'm not in Amway, but am the #1 recruiter in my company) - she used tell everyone we would meet everything about it because she was so excited about what had happened to us.

Lol. none of them joined, even though we were making $25,000 a month and were living in Costa Rica. Even if you're making money, you've got to 'tell the whole story' or no story, if your goal is to grow a business.

Just my two cents.

-dave
IBOFB,
Are you going to allow the last comment?
Clearly looking to use the community you've created here for a "leads generator" business. Rolleyes
Noticed a few comments over at TTAA with the same intentions, though not as flamboyant as this one. Rolleyes Rolleyes
hadn't read it actually. Over on TTAA when I see them I tend to edit their email and/or web addresses so they can't be contacted except in replies :grin:

what do folk think? Delete mr woods post or simply remove his contact info?
ibofightback Wrote:Over on TTAA when I see them I tend to edit their email and/or web addresses ...

His web address on all four of the comments he posted yesterday link quite nicely to his website.
looked them up. If people actually legitimately contribute to the conversation, which he did, I have no problem with their name being linked to their website. Links in sig or in the posts themselves usually cross the line though, as of course does meaningless spam commentary.