Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's nothing like knowing what you're talking about
From posts today from some well known Amway critics -

JoeCool18 Wrote:Not to mention, Quixtar/Amway's websites are password protected so customers cannot just seek and purchase items from an IBO

clearly JoeCool18 is spending too much time on his other activities to be able to keep with up the news.

Willy Wrote:were the sale figures from Quixtar so bad, that they wanted to comingle them with Amway "Global" ...

uh ... yeah Willy. They renamed Quixtar to Amway Global, and not just Amway like the rest of the world so that when they announce Amway Global's sales it will be mixed in with all the other ... umm ... North American Amway business. :doh:
I often wonder [but not for long] what these guys have between their ears - are they as we say here in Ireland - As thick as two planks??? Tongue Tongue
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
Hey Bridgett - how long ago was it that the customer WWDB and/or Quixtar personalised websites were launched?
ibofightback Wrote:Hey Bridgett - how long ago was it that the customer WWDB and/or Quixtar personalised websites were launched?

IBOFB

At least 2 years if not 3 years! :confused:
ibofightback Wrote:Hey Bridgett - how long ago was it that the customer WWDB and/or Quixtar personalised websites were launched?

March of 2005. Almost four years for WWDB.

The Quixtar personalized websites were launched within a year of that.
ibofightback Wrote:
JoeCool18 Wrote:Not to mention, Quixtar/Amway's websites are password protected so customers cannot just seek and purchase items from an IBO

clearly JoeCool18 is spending too much time on his other activities to be able to keep with up the news.

Quixtar.com isn't passcode protected for customers, and hasn't been for over two years, if not three.

And regardless, even if it were, a customer can shop without a referring IBO.

The PV/BV and retail profit of that customer's order is then assigned to a Platinum IBO based on matching zip code, and an email is sent to that IBO to follow up.

Or if the customer wishes to remain anonymous, then the PV/BV and retail profit is thrown in to a pot, which is then divided among all IBOs who have retailed a minimum of 50 PV per month for six months.
Bridgett Wrote:Or if the customer wishes to remain anonymous, then the PV/BV and retail profit is thrown in to a pot, which is then divided among all IBOs who have retailed a minimum of 50 PV per month for six months.

It was a nice surprise the last time they dispersed that pot! Big Grin
It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. --Roosevelt
And another one, yesterday in QIACland -

David Brear Wrote:In reality, Amway’s Indian agents are abandoning the organization in droves

Amway India Enterprises Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) William S Pinckney recently said the company was all set to post a turnover of Rs 1,000 crore during the current year, as compared to Rs 800 crore previous year, reflecting a rise of 25 per cent.

The firm's turnover had been assessed at around Rs 900 crore up to November, he informed.

- http://www.newkerala.com/topstory-fullnews-54041.html

Mmmmhmmm ... they're supposedly "leaving in droves", but as had already been well reported, Amway India sales 2008 sales had already well beaten the 2007 sales with a month to go!

bwahahahahahahhahaah :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

These guys truly live in an alternative reality.
ibofightback Wrote:These guys truly live in an alternative reality.

There's a certain ex-IBOAI board member that loves to ream these types of people. I wish I could quote him, but I'm not going to. But it's great to listen to him tell his CaCaPoo Berry story.

It's awesome reading what some of these smart intelligent people have to say, isn't it? Amway is moving so fast for these people, there's no way that they're even going to be able to keep up with the company! Someone will run into one of these (I know I shouldn't say it, but I will) fools, and they'll be new IBOs and these critics will rip Amway up and down and this new IBO will just blow them off by saying, "What?! That's not how the company does it! You don't know anything!!" It's awesome!!!!

If they even paid any attention to even Wall Street they would note that the strong companies are lowering prices to become even MORE competitive in a slower market. What does Amway do? Change PV into retail profit and start lowering prices to become more competitive.
and the gifts just keep on coming!

"Gina" who also posts as Anna on some sites, is often claiming lots of business expertise and criticising IBOs for not doing simple accounting.

Given that, you'd expect Gina could do simple accounting, wouldn't you? Here's a quote from today, claiming Alticor's 15% growth figure is wrong -

Quote:REVENUE for Alticor in 2007 was reported at 7.1 bil FY ending in december. (Revenue and sales are two different things). Assuming that they mis-spoke and mean revenue for Alticor in 2008 FY ending in december is 8.2 bil then that would mean that they experienced 1bil in growth, which is only a 10% increase

Uh, no Gina. 10% growth on 7.1 billion would be 7.81 billion.

15% growth on 7.1 billion would be ..... 7.1 billion + (15%*7.1billion).... tada! ....8.2 billion.