Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winds of Change in Malaysia
This month saw some interesting developments in Malaysia which is typically a quiet market where the business and Amway products are well received by the public, This has been grounds for a consistently strong market with good growth over the years. Generally attributable to the strong retail culture resulting in profitable business. US styled "System" groups contribute to probably a small percentage of the national volume, compared to "home grown" groups.

Despite the small size.....some Diamonds have recently left N21.
(2013-04-25, 02:18 PM)Xman Wrote: This month saw some interesting developments in Malaysia which is typically a quiet market where the business and Amway products are well received by the public, This has been grounds for a consistently strong market with good growth over the years. Generally attributable to the strong retail culture resulting in profitable business. US styled "System" groups contribute to probably a small percentage of the national volume, compared to "home grown" groups.

Despite the small size.....some Diamonds have recently left N21.

I'm confused about the whole market there. There were reports Simon Thompson and Diana Choo had separated - someone has even removed Simon from their wikipedia page, yet they're still promoted together? Now these reports of Diamonds "leaving" (3 I think, isn't it?)

I assume to start their own setup?

So what's the story? I heard through other channels a few years ago that Simon Thompson is sometimes not the easiest to work with, and indeed that N21 themselves had some issues with how he was operating. Simon started up in Malaysia with no system and eventually introduced N21 to the market himself, so he didn't really "grow up" in the culture, so to speak.

Any connection with these issues and Diamonds leaving? So instead of vague rumours, how about some actual information? Smile
Just heard that a Diamond from N21 in HK has also recently left.
(2013-05-15, 03:20 AM)Xman Wrote: Just heard that a Diamond from N21 in HK has also recently left, as well as a Fdrs Diamond in Vietnam.

So more just vague rumours huh? Angel

I'm wondering if the organisation is missing the leadership of Jim & Nancy Dornan, who have had other priorities the past few years?
He he..no vague rumours here. The N21 operations in HK have wound down for almost a year with the exit of the Diamonds there Rosalind & Hillman to return to a more product & profitability focus so I have been told. So no more BBS's or BP's there apparently under the flag anymore.
I suspect a bit of a slowdown in Indonesia as well, a very "system" oriented market from the beginning. The move to allow ISD's into the market sometime last year made me think that it may have been a strategy to inject "new product blood" into an old "system" market. Definitely a clever idea, as the huge population base still has possibilities for huge growth if people can realise the benefits of a good retail business..
People coming and going seems to be a normal thing...for most it's business as usual I guess, regardless of what environment they are in.
(2013-05-16, 10:02 AM)Xman Wrote: He he..no vague rumours here. The N21 operations in HK have wound down for almost a year with the exit of the Diamonds there Rosalind & Hillman to return to a more product & profitability focus so I have been told. So no more BBS's or BP's there apparently under the flag anymore.
I suspect a bit of a slowdown in Indonesia as well, a very "system" oriented market from the beginning. The move to allow ISD's into the market sometime last year made me think that it may have been a strategy to inject "new product blood" into an old "system" market. Definitely a clever idea, as the huge population base still has possibilities for huge growth if people can realise the benefits of a good retail business..

ISDs?