Hello There, Guest!

•  Previous
  • 1 ...
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Coldwell for a day
ozibo Wrote:Give me strength. What percentage of either companie's turnover comes via Amway ? Lets just round it off to zero shall we ?

No idea, but what has that got to do with the discussion? Is a 5% discount and PV better than no discount or no PV or not?

ozibo Wrote:No its not with either of those companies. Its not financially viable to shop at Harvey Norman even with the IBO incentives. Last year I bought a camera for about 60% of the price that HN were selling it for by using E-bay. So you're right.....the internet gives consumers an advantage because proximity is no longer an issue.

Harvey Norman had nearly 9% growth and $5.81 billion in sales last year.

Clearly there's a lot of people shopping at Harvey Norman, whether you think it's "financially viable" or not.

Quote:[url=http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24095169-36418,00.html]My issue has always been with the minimal PV catalogue items and overpriced full PV lines like Tolsom and Body Series. Prospects search the catalogue after they see the plan and decide to be "no's".

Why would they? You are telling them upfront that we're marketing premium quality products and why that's a good business to be in aren't you?

Or were you marketing it as a way to save money on their shopping?
the thing is, you can build a huge business with the following
bit of Home care - SA8, LOC (unbeatable in per usage price)

Mouth Wash - definately last longer then listerine

XS energy, protein and bars

Double X - unbeatable quality (some will use it some won't)

Skin Care - we use the SIL and has great results and ladies love it...

little bit of Emma page

I have mentioned enough products just then to not only build a successful 100pv circle but also solid client base... I have never never used the partner stores as a selling point.. as far as i am concerned i use them as leverage to let people know that we are a well organized companies that others are prepared to deal with us.

i don't think you will be very successful by selling the idea of cutting cost by shopping with partner stores. I still believe the products is good enough to market.
My husband has good qualities.

My husband has bad qualities.

With my magnifying glass, I can enlarge his faults.

With my magnifying glass, I can enlarge his strengths.

Both exist.

Both are real.

It is my decision on which I choose to focus.

It is my decision to either praise the good or criticize the bad.
You're 100% right Bridgett.

One hopes though that we don't ignore our faults but try to recognise them and take steps to improve in those areas.
thechaser Wrote:the thing is, you can build a huge business with the following
bit of Home care - SA8, LOC (unbeatable in per usage price)

Mouth Wash - definately last longer then listerine

XS energy, protein and bars

Double X - unbeatable quality (some will use it some won't)

Skin Care - we use the SIL and has great results and ladies love it...

little bit of Emma page

i don't think you will be very successful by selling the idea of cutting cost by shopping with partner stores. I still believe the products is good enough to market.

The Corp (Australia/NZ) just sent out an email over the weekend, showing the top 20 products in this market, and I quote

The following is the list of the Top Twenty products for which the 15% PV/BV uplift will apply 1 Aug - 30 Sept 2008.

Top 20 Products

1. SA8 Laundry Concentrate 3KG
2. SA8 Liquid 1L
3. SA8 Fabric Softener 1L
4. SA8 Pre Wash Laundry Spray
5. SA8 Pre-Soak Tri-zyme 750G
6. LOC Multi Purpose Cleaner 1L
7. XS Grape Berry
8. XS Cola Blast
9. XS Lemon Blast
10. XS Citrus Blast
11. XS Tropical
12. ARTISTRY Skin Refinishing Lotion
13. ARTISTRY Replenishing Eye Crème
14. NUTRIWAY Daily 180's
15. NUTRIWAY Protein Bar Variety Pack
16. NUTRIWAY Ginseng/Ginkgo 100's
17. NUTRIWAY Double X 62 Refill Box
18. NUTRIWAY Parselenium-E
19. NUTRIWAY Concentrated Fruits & Vegetables
20. NUTRIWAY Double X 31 Day

I take note that these are all the core brands. People really shouldn't confuse partner stores with generating PV or building a business.

Noel Lemmings growth is because it offers easy credit on a large range of middle class home stuff. So you can fully your house with nice stuff on easy credit. So it doesn't offer discount prices as part of its service, it offers good credit on overpriced products. And they are very good at it.
These are the facts from myself and not a third party that most people get their info from. Steve Jakubenko
Fact: I terminated my distributor ship with Amway for one reason and that is when Chatham was terminated I lost all belief in sharing the opportunity with someone else stating that they could own their own business. I will never except that you can spend your time and money building a business only to find out that if a frontline you sponsored is terminated or resign you get the option to buy that business. As for working out what happens with that business I believe it shouldn't go directly to the up line to make them a instant diamond but should stay there as a second business for the sponsor. In some cases the up line who is at a lower level that their down line might have put in more work to that Diamondship than the actual Diamond. To this day I have not prospected any distributor from my Amway business into any other network even though I am involved with Orrin Woodward and the LIFE business. hope this clears the air for some. The Amway opportunity was good for us at the time but when you lose your belief in the business it's not worth it.
(2014-01-12, 04:22 AM)sjaka9863 Wrote: These are the facts from myself and not a third party that most people get their info from. Steve Jakubenko
Fact: I terminated my distributor ship with Amway for one reason and that is when Chatham was terminated I lost all belief in sharing the opportunity with someone else stating that they could own their own business. I will never except that you can spend your time and money building a business only to find out that if a frontline you sponsored is terminated or resign you get the option to buy that business. As for working out what happens with that business I believe it shouldn't go directly to the up line to make them a instant diamond but should stay there as a second business for the sponsor. In some cases the up line who is at a lower level that their down line might have put in more work to that Diamondship than the actual Diamond. To this day I have not prospected any distributor from my Amway business into any other network even though I am involved with Orrin Woodward and the LIFE business. hope this clears the air for some. The Amway opportunity was good for us at the time but when you lose your belief in the business it's not worth it.

Steve,

The fact your contract can be terminated is common to many types of business, including all franchising operations. Despite this these are all considered as "owning your own business", both legally and otherwise. I'd note it's also in your Amway contract.

Regarding pin qualification through purchasing or roll-up of a downline's qualifying business, I may be wrong but I thought Amway removed that possibility some years back?

Finally, the "flaws" you see with Amway exist with LIFE also don't they? So its kind of odd to be critical of Amway for having them, and then mention you're promoting LIFE.
  •  Previous
  • 1 ...
  •