Hello There, Guest!

•  Previous
  • Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Coldwell for a day
I'd actually suggest going the other way and implementing the PV scale used elsewhere in Amway -

10000 21%
7500 18%
5000 15%
3250 12%
1200 9%
600 6%
200 3%

This makes platinum businesses are much more solid, profitable business that's more likely to remain that way.
Agreed.

People will generally rise to higher expectations and achieve more.

- Ros
ibofightback Wrote:I'd actually suggest going the other way and implementing the PV scale used elsewhere in Amway -

10000 21%
7500 18%
5000 15%
3250 12%
1200 9%
600 6%
200 3%

This makes platinum businesses are much more solid, profitable business that's more likely to remain that way.

IBOFB and Ros,

I get the impression IBOFB has some association with Australia.

Were you in the business in 1992 when it went from 6000 to 7500 ?

This was like a punch in the guts for the field and the torrent of Diamonds in 1990, 91 and 92 (in IDA anyway) became a trickle by 1994.

And you want to take us back there ? You think it will make Platinum more solid ?

There is no reason an IBO can't grow to 10000 PV to gain the "solid business" of which you speak. Its just that they won't be getting trips and SIP's money till 10000 under your changes.

You just made the comapny more profitable with your suggestion. Why do you think they did it in 92 ?
I'm Australian and I started my business in Australia in 1997/98. Though I was actually also an IBO in I think 89/90 or thereabouts.

I wouldn't suggest doing such a change suddenly, or without taking into account the effect it will have on existing qualifiers rewards and bonuses. I do however believe the 10000PV bonus scale produces more stable, profitable businesses, and I believe that's overall a good thing.

Fewer qualifiers may indeed make the company more profitable, but not by much. Trips and SIP type bonuses are a relatively minor part of Amway's payouts to IBOs. I can't seriously see anyone thinking to improve profit by minimising qualifiers. Still, companies have done dumber things.
IBOFB,

You laid out a good defense I wonder if Amway will actually do it. A similar change happened in the US...

I recall back in the '90s when Amway in the US was about to change the bonus schedule rather radically by eliminating several brackets and adjusting the PV "up" on several older products.

After have several discussions with Directs and above, Amway decided not to change the brackets but they did adjust the PV "up". This was intended to adjust for inflation, which is also why we have PV BV in the first place.

It seamed to work, but then back fired. It actually caused a loss in profits, so Amway gradually adjusted the PV back to where were.

- Ros
By the way, OzIBO - his name is spelled Michial, not Michael, thoughI think it's pronounced the same.
the thing is, do people stay in the business because of Pins or money. if i personally is seeing say $4000 pm coming in at 18% and that say 7000pv i personally think i would still build the business; in fact it might just spur me on and thing gee if i could make $4000 at 18% imagine what it would be like at 21% at 10000pv...

unfortunately 99% of people got into this business because of EXTRA income, personal growth and mind set changes after you are in the business for a bit longer
Let me see if I can explain my thinking for what may seem to be "lowering the bar" to an extent.

Remember guys that you have years of experience in the business and your attitudes and beliefs have grown accordingly. I too find it hard sometimes to put myself in the position of the "new guy" sometimes because I haven't been a new guy for quite some time now.

I hope we all agree that the essence to the business is new registrations. In the words of Triple Diamond Jerry Meadows "Who knows how many seeds are in an apple ?"

So picture the new person sitting across the table from you as you show them the plan. Yes they need to have a degree of ambition etc but ultimately, they will ask themselves the same question you and I asked ourselves....."Do I believe I can make money doing this ?" (I know there are other reasons for joining but lets face it, money is the most common reason people register by far)

Its for this reason that I say get them making some decent money early. We need to make the experience positive as soon as possible.

Our LOA always worked under them premise, "Give them something to lose, not something to sign". I believe if they see that they can make a few hundred a month pretty quickly it will spur them on.

Its only my opinion.....but with what I proposed, 800 PV would produce 9% which would produce about $125 in bonus for the new guy. About $1500 for the year assuming no growth. The equivalent of a $20000 deposit at 7.5%. Not bad if you ask me. I'm sure you would agree, an 800PV group is not exactly a multinational.

It doesn't just help them. It helps everyone. We need a lower "disgruntlement" factor.

We already tried it the other way. And let me tell you, it was a "delete expletive" disaster.

And IBOFB, my apologies to Mr Coldwell for the spelling mistake. I can just see my second grade teacher shaking her head.
Help them get some customers instead. They, and everyone else, will make more money.
ozibo:
not sure what part of LOA of IDA you are under, but with the QI in place we have had some groups that is consistently doing diamond express months after months, sometime front line diamond express.

and at that pace not hard to put together a 9% group in a month. we are only just seeing the result after 3 to 4 months of tweeking in the teaching and focus on balancing between retail and sponsoring.

i am sure you have heard stories by DeRives of the guy who build practically a emerald ship in 12 weeks. its just a no. game
  •  Previous
  • Next 
  •