Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year!
The skies have just exploded over Stockholm, as they do every New Year's Eve as the clock strikes 00:00. Back home in Australia, fireworks were banned for public purchase when I was about 7. The result being we had huge, incredibly incrite fireworks displays run by professionals, but limited in their scope.

Here there are no such laws, and while the displays aren't intricate, the effect is purely awe inspiring. We live in an on the 6th floor of an apartment building on top of a hill, with views covering 270 degrees over all of the northside of Stockholm. In every direction there are fireworks exploding, from as close as 10 metres from my balcony to as far as the eye can see.

Simply an incredible thing to witness. Put it on your dream list!

One thing on my dream list is to see the New Year's Eve fireworks across Sydney Harbour. It's the city of my birth, but I'm yet to see what I'm told rank amongst the world's best displays.

Happy New Year everyone, may every year be better than the last, and 2009 the best year yet.

I know mine will be. :clapping:
crikey, make that as close as 3 metres away. Scared the living daylights out of me! :eek:
We'll be toasting in about 6 1/2 hours.

[Image: wine.gif]

2009 is going to be fan-flippin-tastic!!!!!

[Image: jump4joy.gif] [Image: jump4joy.gif] [Image: jump4joy.gif] [Image: jump4joy.gif]

H A P P Y...N E W...Y E A R ! ! ! ! !
2007 I made a resolution to stop posting on QBlog forums. Made it through the year!

This year I'll add the following -

Any JoeCool blog
Any Rocket blog
Any QIAC blog
Any Tex blog

And I also vow not to reply to any of their posts on other sites.

It can be difficult sometimes, since they are known to make up names and pretend to be other people. I caught JoeCool the other week pretending to be a girl who was part of N21 and badmouthing it with blatant lies.

How much of the Amway criticism on the internet is actually from the same handful of folk making up false identities?

Hmm ... should I add Amthrax to the list? He seems reasonable most of the time ...
I haven't visited the first blogs that you mention in several months. However, I have recently been visiting Amthrax's, and tonight, I made a similar resolution regarding that blog.

Amthrax may be reasonable, but the company Amthrax keeps over there is not. So as of tonight, I've added that blog to my list of time-wasters.

The narcissistic nature with which many of them feel what I in particular, and Amway Corp and Amway IBOs/ABOs in general, do online and in this business, became abundantly clear in the last 24 hours for me.

One actually wrote today that all the changes Amway was making was to "appease the critics".

Wow. :blink:

So here's to new beginnings in 2009!!!!

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

[attachment=0]

Attached Files

.jpg   Imagine. True Success..JPG (Size: 20.78 KB / Downloads: 496)
ibofb, they are discussions about such laws even in Sweden. I hope the will allow private firework's, but only in certain time windows (as a couple of hours on New Year's eve). For people with animals, and for refugee's from war zoones, the shouting of firework's all day and evening is really a nightmare . . . :fright:

When it comes to the dreamlist, I have a few regarding Australia - but not regarding Sydney, that's maybee something to consider . . .

Not posting (and argue) on those blogs I think is a good decission. When no one "fight" with them they will get tired and bored after a while (Years?) and cut down on their writings (we can hope).

Happy New Year Everyone
Happy New Year to y'all too. I can understand why you wouldn't want to visit my site, so no harm to me there. Sometimes, however, critics can raise important points for supporters, the corporation, and the Systems should consider. We're not always operating out of a vacuum or based on decades-old information.

As for me, I'll continue to frequent your blogs and forums and comment when I feel it's appropriate.
Bridgett Wrote:I haven't visited the first blogs that you mention in several months. However, I have recently been visiting Amthrax's, and tonight, I made a similar resolution regarding that blog.

Amthrax may be reasonable, but the company Amthrax keeps over there is not. So as of tonight, I've added that blog to my list of time-wasters.

The narcissistic nature with which many of them feel what I in particular, and Amway Corp and Amway IBOs/ABOs in general, do online and in this business, became abundantly clear in the last 24 hours for me.

One actually wrote today that all the changes Amway was making was to "appease the critics".

Wow. :blink:

So here's to new beginnings in 2009!!!!

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

[attachment=0]

Do you have any more pictures like that ? Where did you find it? Smile
Amthrax Wrote:Sometimes, however, critics can raise important points for supporters, the corporation, and the Systems should consider. We're not always operating out of a vacuum or based on decades-old information.

Amthrax, like I agreed with IBOFB, you are reasonable, relatively speaking.

But most of the critics are not.

For them, it is NOT about "raising important points", it's about finding anything and everything wrong and being just plain nasty and mean.

It's stomping on ANY enthusiasm and excitement that an IBO or Amway supporter has about the Corporation, the products, the higher pins, or the business opportunity.

It's about the fact that many critics state their opinions as facts (all the products are overpriced, all LOAs suck) and then when questioned about stating opinions as facts, they go on the attack--the name-calling, the inflammatory language, the character assassinations.

Before 18 months ago, I was naive to the online conversation that was occuring. While I do appreciate, as you say, valid "important points" that the critics have raised, it has become apparent that their motivation for doing so is vastly different than mine and other Amway supporters.

My reasons for coming online and wanting my voice heard, primarily from the Corporation was, yes, for change to occur, but so that the business could be better and stronger. Not in order to malign and hurt the business.

The critics "raise important points" with the desire to destroy this business.

The supporters "raise important points" with the desire to improve this business.

There are many things in life that I am not a fan of. However, I do not engage in a "war" to attack those things, nor to attack the people who are fans. I just choose not participate in those circles.

It is my opinion that these two groups (Amway supporters and Amway critics) are at cross-purposes and cannot co-habitate.

I respect someone's decision not to be a Customer nor to be an IBO/ABO. I feel however that that respect is not mutual. To attack my customers and me and my fellow IBOs/ABOs for the decisions they make with the money and their time, just because it's something that one personally chooses not to partake, is...ugly.

There's already so much ugliness in the world...I choose, with God's help, not to participate in adding to it.

And sincerely, I do hope you and all the other critics have a new year full of much JOY.
GoDiamond Wrote:Do you have any more pictures like that ? Where did you find it?

I don't. Sorry. Sad

The "Transform Your Future" section has been renamed "Imagine. True Success." under the "Manage My Business" section on the AmwayGlobal.com/Quixtar.com website.

That's where I got it.

These are the words right next to the image on the website:

True Success Starts Here
We’re introducing new pricing, incentives, selling support, and training to help you take your business to the next level. Your Dreams. Your Future. We’ll help you get there.

:good: