Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Edge of the Abyss
Gravel is rolling, sliding over the edge of the abyss as I slowly step back, gingerly, back from the maw of the Amway internet critic abyss.

After about an hour, sinking deeper and deeper, like the boy in the sand in Lawrence of Arabia, the despair starting to choke me, I shut them down and searched my bookmarks for help....I knew there was something in there that was a blog of some sort, something to help me address this sinking experience.

Thank you SO much for your hard work, here, IBOfightback, and others who do research so I don't have to, and people who have posted your positive stories. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Thank you for your post and kind words momovich!
Hi Momovich great to have you here - greetings from Ireland - what market/country are you in?
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
(2012-11-14, 06:42 PM)RW1 Wrote: Hi Momovich great to have you here - greetings from Ireland - what market/country are you in?

RW1, I apologize for the late response. I thought that I would be notified if anybody replied to my post. I will have to poke around in settings, I guess, because I didn't realize anyone had seen it.

I am in Virginia, in the U.S.

The thing I keep telling myself is, the things that all the critics say simply do not jibe with the people I know, the people that I have met. Some of what they say may have an element of truth, I do not know. I do know that the people that I have met, in the business, are, for the most part, honorable and good people.

I am still slogging along, though. My brother-in-law/sponsor is a Diamond. His brother, my husband, is very supportive, but has lost his vision, totally. I am building it sort of as a single. I've been in for ten years. It's so embarrassing. Doesn't matter. Once we take off, it simply won't matter.

Thanks for your interest.
(2013-01-23, 11:34 PM)momovich Wrote:
(2012-11-14, 06:42 PM)RW1 Wrote: Hi Momovich great to have you here - greetings from Ireland - what market/country are you in?

RW1, I apologize for the late response. I thought that I would be notified if anybody replied to my post. I will have to poke around in settings, I guess, because I didn't realize anyone had seen it.

I am in Virginia, in the U.S.

The thing I keep telling myself is, the things that all the critics say simply do not jibe with the people I know, the people that I have met. Some of what they say may have an element of truth, I do not know. I do know that the people that I have met, in the business, are, for the most part, honorable and good people.

I am still slogging along, though. My brother-in-law/sponsor is a Diamond. His brother, my husband, is very supportive, but has lost his vision, totally. I am building it sort of as a single. I've been in for ten years. It's so embarrassing. Doesn't matter. Once we take off, it simply won't matter.

Thanks for your interest.

Hang in there - 2013 is going to a great year - It started well and is getting better -
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
Hi momovich,
Welcome! Smile

To subscribe to a thread, in order to be notified of new comments, go hit "new reply" and then below the comment box, you can choose to "Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies."

Regarding the critics, my experience with them the last...five and a half years...oh my, has it really been that long?!?...is to "consider the source."
Are they credible? Yes or No. Why or why not.
Is what they say credible? Yes or No. Why or why not.
What's their motivation? What's their true purpose?

I know that one can have an emotional response to what they read, and if you are like me, a woman, Smile , we are even more prone to being led by our emotions, and more prone to get bummed out by things, even when we know it's not accurate.

As far as building the Amway business as a "single," you totally can do it. Holly Chen is a wonderful example of being incredibly successful, regardless of Barry's involvement.

And, even with couples, where the guy, once they hit a high pin and start speaking, is the "lead," if you listen carefully to their stories, lots of times you learn just how much the woman did to actively generate business.

I wrote a blog post about Amway truly being an equal opportunity business. I hope you find it encouraging.... http://accordingtobridgett.com/amway-an-...-business/

Hi, Bridgett,

Well, it's been almost a year since you responded to me, and I didn't get back to you, but....time is relative. Your blog was encouraging. I need all the encouragement I can get.

Ha! I just went to your site and read your background. Wow. This sounds presumptuous, and I know you are busy, but I would love to at least connect with you, when you have time, via this website. We have some things in common, and...how do I put this...although I LOVE my (WWG) upline, when I look for advice and support, there is sort of this void. My upline is my brother-in-law, and he is a Diamond, and...it is sort of hard to connect with him. I do have a relationship with my sister-in-law, but....well....I just need another perspective. Also, they are in Colorado and I am in Virginia. I have no other upline, although I am in touch with his mentor's wife, and she is lovely. But, you know, they have, like, THOUSANDS of people in their orgs. All this by way of saying, I would love to talk to a strong, successful female Amway distributor. I asked his permission to contact some other married females building as singles, and he said yes, sooooo...

Just FYI: I lived in Waukegan, Chicago, Hyde Park, and Roselle at various times in the '80s. OMGsh, LOVE Chicago. My husband and I went to Moody Bible Institute, on LaSalle, North Loop. My daughter graduated from Moody last year. I home schooled my (now adult) children from K through high school. At the same time, I was full-time caregiver for my mother for 17 years, some of which she had Alzheimer's. My daughter was interested in acting, for a time, so I am a little familiar with that song and dance. Also, I'm former military, been happily married for 33.5 years, have moved 28 times in my life, hmmmm, what else?

I was sponsored into Amway in 1979, but my LOS fell through and I didn't know what to do. I sort of sponsored myself, via my brother-in-law, about 10 years ago. I have been thrashing about trying to make it happen for all this time. My vision, my passion, my motivation has never faded.

For the past couple of months, now, something changed, and I have been putting action behind my passion like never before. My husband is very, very supportive and I'm pretty sure that he will re-engage once he sees my success.

I get overwhelmed, sometimes, by websites, and yours is lovely, but could you direct me to some specific items that might help me, in terms of....what?....just...wisdom about the business, I guess. I am so motivated it almost feels like when you run and you get that bitter taste in your mouth from the acid your body produces, I can almost taste it. I'm ready to get this thing built.

(2013-01-29, 04:17 AM)Bridgett Wrote: Hi momovich,
Welcome! Smile

To subscribe to a thread, in order to be notified of new comments, go hit "new reply" and then below the comment box, you can choose to "Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies."

Regarding the critics, my experience with them the last...five and a half years...oh my, has it really been that long?!?...is to "consider the source."
Are they credible? Yes or No. Why or why not.
Is what they say credible? Yes or No. Why or why not.
What's their motivation? What's their true purpose?

I know that one can have an emotional response to what they read, and if you are like me, a woman, Smile , we are even more prone to being led by our emotions, and more prone to get bummed out by things, even when we know it's not accurate.

As far as building the Amway business as a "single," you totally can do it. Holly Chen is a wonderful example of being incredibly successful, regardless of Barry's involvement.

And, even with couples, where the guy, once they hit a high pin and start speaking, is the "lead," if you listen carefully to their stories, lots of times you learn just how much the woman did to actively generate business.

I wrote a blog post about Amway truly being an equal opportunity business. I hope you find it encouraging.... http://accordingtobridgett.com/amway-an-...-business/