Hello There, Guest!

•  Previous
  • Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLM Hoppers
ss3251,

I believe you are being a bit bias and defensive in this instance.

You honestly don't think the newest person to attend an event where Orrin was recognized at a certain level and only being involved for 90 days as understanding completely it is all volume based? Where MV is concerned only, it took him far less effort to achieve that level than the brand new guy and not acknowledging that fact is misleading.

To play the other side though, a reasonable person could google Orrin and find out all that went down. So if they really want to know, they can find it, but would they know to look? :dontknow:
It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. --Roosevelt
TB 2 IBO,
I don't believe I am being as you described. I am sorry. There has been no hiding or any misleading about Orrin and his level in MV. Nobody has made any implication, that I am aware of, that anybody should expect to duplicate the volume Orrin reached in the same time frame as him. Also, the event where they were recognized was not an open meeting or seminar meant for prospects or brand new people, if that even really matters. And, as with Amway, recognition with MV is based on volume and not effort.
MichMan,

The point I'm making is not about taking associates or business with you from one company to another.

My point is presenting a BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY to a brand new person (in the entire world of MV, not just one LOA) and leading them to believe that making several hundred thousands of dollars is possible for THEM in 90 days.

Without explaining that someone's network was already in place, already built, and that it took SEVERAL YEARS to build prior to their current company affiliation, I think this is not just casually misleading, but downright deceptive.

One is showing a business opportunity, one is recruiting, using results that are simply not true for a person just getting started TODAY.

Omission of the truth is still lying.
Again, Bridgett, nobody is claiming a new person should expect to accomplish what Orrin did in the same period of time. The only claims are that if they move the same volume, regardless of how long it takes, they too will be recognized and payed the same.
ss3251,

Since MV has only been around for a few years, people ASSUME that that kind of success only takes a short amount of time.

And MV distributors seem to be just fine with those assumptions.

What if an MV distributor were to say to a person looking in to the MV business, "And at this level, it took this guy 15 years to do it."

Do you think that might have an effect on recruiting rates?
Bridgett Wrote:My point is presenting a BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY to a brand new person (in the entire world of MV, not just one LOA) and leading them to believe that making several hundred thousands of dollars is possible for THEM in 90 days.

How do you know this is being done?
Can you give me any specific examples of this?
ss3251 Wrote:
Bridgett Wrote:My point is presenting a BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY to a brand new person (in the entire world of MV, not just one LOA) and leading them to believe that making several hundred thousands of dollars is possible for THEM in 90 days.

How do you know this is being done?
Can you give me any specific examples of this?

ss3251,
You watched the video from MV's Florida summer thing, right?. Dallin Larsen himself, when introducing the Woodwards and giving them their checks, said that they went whatever the pins are, black diamond or whatever and such, in 90 days.
ibofightback Wrote:That's not usual. I'm guessing some moola changed hands in that transaction, as it should.

It is not unusual in Michigan. It used to be that agents shared commissions with the listing office (maybe 50/50 to 70/30) and that the listing office invested in advertising the property.

But now, most RE agents are 100 percent commission. They pay a 'desk fee' and share office expenses in exchange for 100 percent of the commission.

All advertising expenses for each listing are paid by the agent. Unless the listing office was going to commit to advertising the property, the listing would not get the attention they deserve.

Back to the main point.

Very few companies would recognize a new top producer with some kind of disclaimer saying he had some advantage because of his years of experience and professional contacts.
ss3251 Wrote:TB 2 IBO,
I don't believe I am being as you described. I am sorry. There has been no hiding or any misleading about Orrin and his level in MV. Nobody has made any implication, that I am aware of, that anybody should expect to duplicate the volume Orrin reached in the same time frame as him.

Sure, I agree that is may not be misleading on its face, but perception is reality my friend. The fact that it isn't being addressed, at least in the public eye of MV, is perceptually misleading. Now, what is said one-on-one may be different. And really this is a retarded issue for me to be discussing, but as we have become acquaintances and "friends" to some degree, I feel I should call you on it.
Quote:Also, the event where they were recognized was not an open meeting or seminar meant for prospects or brand new people, if that even really matters. And, as with Amway, recognition with MV is based on volume and not effort.
So at that event there were not people that recently started their business (that weren't part of Quixtar)? I find that unlikely.
It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things. --Roosevelt
Bridgett Wrote:ss3251,

Since MV has only been around for a few years, people ASSUME that that kind of success only takes a short amount of time.

And MV distributors seem to be just fine with those assumptions.

What if an MV distributor were to say to a person looking in to the MV business, "And at this level, it took this guy 15 years to do it."

Do you think that might have an effect on recruiting rates?

I guess you are ASSUMING other people ASSUME that... LOL
I am not aware of any literature or teaching in MV that tells anybody that they can reach any level in any period of time. All levels and compensation is volume based and not time based. Just as with Amway, each person's business is going to grow at a different rate.

I can't speak for other organizations, but I can tell you that at the open meetings I have attended the speakers have all been very open and forward about being involved with network marketing prior to joining MV. Most also tell about how long Team has been around at the same time that they may mention how long MV has been around. I don't believe anybody that I have seen or heard has been misleading or deceptive regarding this.

I understand where you can ASSUME this may happen, but unless you have specific examples about this you are simply making accusations.
  •  Previous
  • Next 
  •