Hello There, Guest!

• Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLM Hoppers
I came across a fantastic thread on a site talking about MLMs and the recent growth of some recent companies (including Mona Vie). A person made a great post about people who jump from one company to another. I thought y'all might find some interest in it:
It was interesting to note, the distributors that the story showed were all people who had been HUGELY successful distributors in other MLMs and Networking businesses. And now they are "MLM Hopping". They built a big group of distributors in other deals, and then brought most of those folks with them to this deal. It happens all the time in MLM. A new product with a new product life cycle comes along and the person jumps to the new deal. That's smart business. It makes it easier for someone who already has a big network with NuSkin or Melaluca or Xango business to take their business associates with them and make a lot of money right off the bat with Mona Vie (or any other MLM). But what about the newest guy getting started? Does he have an already established group of ready-distributors? That's not a very duplicatable process for building a business. Showing some of the people in the video who have been with Mona Vie for less than 2 years already getting a black Mercedes is very misleading. Anything is possible in any business if a person is willing to work hard, but a disclaimer should really go out with that Income Disclosure sheet that explains that many of the successful Mona Vie distributors were previously super successful in other MLMs and had many of their previous network follow them to this venture.

Also, what does that mean for Mona Vie when those "product hoppers" have decided that they are finished with Mona Vie and jump into the next "big" idea with their network of thousands? What becomes of Mona Vie then?
I realize that there are mlm hoppers out there.

But I don't think you can accuse Amway's former Diamonds of being mlm hoppers.

Woodward and Brady were with Amway for what(?) 15 years? Billy Florence and Don Wilson - probably 25 years each. Jack Paulin - at least 20 years. I think Jack and Effie Reid started in the business when all Amway sold was buggy whips. Smile

Why aren't real estate professionals called "hoppers" if they change companies every 10-20 years? How many of us have changed careers or companies in the last 10-20 years?
I think this is the main point of the post:

Quote:Anything is possible in any business if a person is willing to work hard, but a disclaimer should really go out with that Income Disclosure sheet that explains that many of the successful Mona Vie distributors were previously super successful in other MLMs and had many of their previous network follow them to this venture.

In other words, if I were looking at a business opportunity, I think it is extremely misleading for me to be led to believe that I, starting brand new, could attain XYZ level in 30 days, 90 days, one year, etc.

These people hitting these levels did NOT do it in that time frame, even if they were MonaVie distributors in that timeframe. They did it in 15 YEARS (using another MLM).

THAT is something that should be disclosed, for sure.
Bridgett Wrote:I think this is the main point of the post:

Quote:Anything is possible in any business if a person is willing to work hard, but a disclaimer should really go out with that Income Disclosure sheet that explains that many of the successful Mona Vie distributors were previously super successful in other MUMs and had many of their previous network follow them to this venture.

In other words, if I were looking at a business opportunity, I think it is extremely misleading for me to be led to believe that I, starting brand new, could attain XYZ level in 30 days, 90 days, one year, etc.

These people hitting these levels did NOT do it in that time frame, even if they were MonaVie distributors in that time frame. They did it in 15 YEARS (using another MLM).

THAT is something that should be disclosed, for sure.

The MonaVie IDS says nothing about how long it took for anyone to hit any of the levels. Where does it say that you can hit a certain level in certain time frame? How does it lead anybody to believe that they can start a brand new business and attain XYZ in any days?? The IDS is nothing more than a what it says it is, an income disclosure. It is a document that shows how much people were paid at certain levels, it is not a guarantee or promise that you can reach any level in any period of time.

Also, there is a major difference between MLM hoppers who jump from one new idea to the next over and over and groups like the Team who changed only once after a major dispute between the companies.
Recognizing Orrin and Laurie, 90-day old MV distributors, receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars at the MonaVie meeting in Florida this summer was misleading, don't you think, ss3251?

Having photos and recognition of some people in MonaVie's publications and websites, without disclosing that most of their downline was built pre-MonaVie is misleading, don't you think, ss3251?

So showing an income disclosure statement (which includes these people's income numbers) without indicating the back story like this is misleading, don't you think, ss3251?
I don't understand why it is "misleading."

If a real estate professional leaves one company for another, he will usually take his listings with him. He would also take with him his list of potential buyers.

Do you really think that Century 21's recognition magazine would actually print some kind of disclaimer stating that their brand new top rep was already in the business for 25 years? And that he had an existing block of business and list of contacts before coming to the company?
When an agent moves companies they take their listings with them? Since when? My mother was in realestate, primarily rental management, which as a repeat business is most akin to network marketing, and I can assure you when she changed companies she didn't take her listings with her. If she had there would have been lawsuits a'flyin.
I have a friend in town who is a top RE professional. When he left for a new company, he took his listings with him.

Everything was disclosed ahead of time. The company released all the listing of those clients who agreed to leave.
That's not usual. I'm guessing some moola changed hands in that transaction, as it should.
Bridgett Wrote:Recognizing Orrin and Laurie, 90-day old MV distributors, receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars at the MonaVie meeting in Florida this summer was misleading, don't you think, ss3251?

Having photos and recognition of some people in MonaVie's publications and websites, without disclosing that most of their downline was built pre-MonaVie is misleading, don't you think, ss3251?

So showing an income disclosure statement (which includes these people's income numbers) without indicating the back story like this is misleading, don't you think, ss3251?

Recognition and pay is based on volume of product moved in a business. Regardless of anybodies associations prior to joining MV, they have earned the recognition and pay based on their volume. Nothing is misleading, if somebody else moves that much volume they too can earn the recognition and pay. Just as with the IDS, recognition and pay does not imply anything about the number of days taken to achieve such level.
  • Next 
  •