Hello There, Guest!

• Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business Support Materials (Tools)
Out of respect for the IBOs who work hard to build their businesses I have removed my post and renamed the post to reflect where the conversation went.
Smile
Hi ss3251, hope you are doing well.

While I'm sure these older educational business tools and other motivational offerings from Team have merit; I don’t think it wise or prudent to promote them here on an Amway specific site. Especially since Quixtar sanctioned all former Team materials as no longer authorized. :nono:

Even if your intentions are honorable (which I believe they are), this still isn’t the right place to promote them, even if you’re simply providing information... It could cause confusion for some IBOs. :confused:

Thanks.

Best regards, Smile

- Ros
Thanks for your kind opinion Ros.

I am doing well, and hope you are too. I don't think I have seen you post as much as you have since IBOFB started this site in quite some time. I hope that is because you have been just way too busy with your booming business!!

Oh, and I did give IBOFB a heads up about this thread and let him know it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he deleted it.
There was this video on YouTube from a TEAM function and I think Randy or Andy was speaking, I can't remember. But he was talking about how they were focusing on making that new IBO profitable and how important it is. Well, when I mentioned that to my upline, he didn't sound to excited that I was looking into TEAM. Big Grin He acknowledged that it was but quickly mentioned that since everything had already happened it would probably be best not to spend too much time looking at them. Smile
A couple of observations.

1) That tools are clearly not actually worth as much as people are told. Because if they were then people in TEAM would still purchase them at full price, even through they are selling another product. If indeed it is about motivation then it shouldn't matter if Amway or Jucie company M is supplying them with product. Sure there might be some how to material, but that would be minority. Furthermore if they are so good then other LOA's would be interesting in purchasing them at full price. There shouldn't be the need to dump them on the open market.

2) That tools that appear on e-bay etc are worth very little. This reinforces above comments.

Don't get me wrong I think that teaching and training is essential to any endeavor. And for those who are happy with your level of investment and system use, go on you, may you continue to be blessed. However seeing what interesting training possibilities can occur in this digital age, I think that continuing to have to invest significantly in tools that have very very little resale value, adds fuel to the fire of the "tools scam" people.

I remember doing the maths once and for all the money and time I had invested in audios and books it was more than my university (college for North American's) education of 5 years. And of course I was told just invest, invest, invest, we make no money on the tools, and someday you will get a massive return. From the tone you have already figured out no $$ return occurred. For those who argue that there is a "intangible" return, I don't disagree. But would point out for the money invested there are a lot more cost effective ways to obtain the same intangible's. For instance councilors, advisers, mentors, private training organizations etc etc. I personally have found that these provide much better intangible return on investment.

I would rather see quaility rather than quantity a key. How many audios or tools are people encouraged to consume. would rather people had 10 tapes, once you have learnt the information on these, passed some kind of assesment (not massively formal, but something that shows understanding and application of material) then we allow you the next 10 (or what ever number you want to pick). This could be coupled with a heavy reliance on digital media, and digital delivary.

Starting with a clean slate and designing a training system from the ground up I think that we would have a completely different training system. OMG that sounds like a Quixtar University.... (did I get the name right?). Of course this would give up the control of the LOA's and some level of tools profit.
I think the new site/set up is great...well done and thanks. Ref Team Tool sale, I did hope that with this new site we could put the TEAM issues firmly behind us. They (at least the leaders of Team ) have gone lets move on without them. Every now and again you need to cut back your roses to get new growth. They have gone to build elsewhere..good luck to them..I hope things work out ok for them... dispite the damage some of them are trying to do to our business. It is my belief that Amway/Quixtar worldwide is going to grow bigger.faster and better than ever and that those guys will look back at what they threw away with deep regret .
The business here in UK/ROI is getting ready to open up for sponsoring again. We have a long tough job ahead of us to re-build,but rebuild we will...because it IS the right business with the right people at the right times.In my opinion there are still some changes and adjustments to be made here but we are on the right track.
ss3251 Wrote:Oh, and I did give IBOFB a heads up about this thread and let him know it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he deleted it.

Yeah, you left a message while I was fast asleep! :doh:

But it's started a conversation, so I'll leave it be.
stickshark Wrote:A couple of observations.

1) That tools are clearly not actually worth as much as people are told.

...I think that continuing to have to invest significantly in tools that have very very little resale value, adds fuel to the fire of the "tools scam" people.

I remember doing the maths once and for all the money and time I had invested in audios and books it was more than my university (college for North American's) education of 5 years. And of course I was told just invest, invest, invest, we make no money on the tools, and someday you will get a massive return. From the tone you have already figured out no $$ return occurred.

Thank you for your opinion and permission to continue to find value in my own system products and services.

I, as you can tell from the tone, DO think the system material is worth the price, and I have used the information to exceed the costs and generate a growing profit.

The cost of my B.S. degree will be matched by my system expenses in 14 more years.

How long were you in business?

More importantly, how do you reconcile that the majority of the higher-achieving business owners marketing Quixtar/Amway did so with the help of existing system tools?

According to most critics, the material is overly repetitive, "Like buying a hammer over and over again" as one critic put it.

So, if the material generally stays the same, why such a difference in the independent results?

I'll give you a clue: the only difference is the individuals.

I know I can't convince YOU of tools value in the systems, but I choose to look and find value in them myself, and have never failed to do so.

To each their own, I guess.
All I know is when I use them, my business grows, when I don't it doesn't. When my downline use them, their business grows, when they don't, it doesn't.

That's good enough for me. :aikido:
There is definitely value in the tools if you are actually active. If you're just a function junkie and never actually show the plan, you are indeed wasting your money.

Having said that I think it would be wise for the leaders in LOA's to be mindful of people's economic circumstances and make functions regional. MP3's are also a far cheaper way of supplying audio programs than CD's again cutting the cost for the IBO.

We all need to remember that these tools are meant to be provided so people's Amway businesses can grow not be the business in themselves.

I think many DIamond pin wearers (I won't say Diamonds because there is a difference) would be in serious "do-do" if the tool money stopped.
  • Next 
  •