Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MonaVie Class Action Lawsuit
A class action lawsuit has been filed in Arkansas against MonaVie. It is on behalf of retail customers and, if I read correctly, distributors are not allowed to be part of the class.
Basically the lawsuit claims that MonaVie is nothing more than Dallin Larsens previous company (that got shut down) but with a new name. It also claims that MonaVie was responsible for the health related claims made by any distributors, and that the MLM format was used as a way to shield the company from trouble regarding health claims about the product.
The link that I was provided to read the lawsuit is no longer working (should have saved the PDF the first time I read it...).
(2011-10-30, 06:04 AM)ss3251 Wrote: A class action lawsuit has been filed in Arkansas against MonaVie. It is on behalf of retail customers and, if I read correctly, distributors are not allowed to be part of the class.
Basically the lawsuit claims that MonaVie is nothing more than Dallin Larsens previous company (that got shut down) but with a new name. It also claims that MonaVie was responsible for the health related claims made by any distributors, and that the MLM format was used as a way to shield the company from trouble regarding health claims about the product.
The link that I was provided to read the lawsuit is no longer working (should have saved the PDF the first time I read it...).

You need to find a hobby like sewing or knitting, something OD build the business to fill your time. Why on earth are you (and others) so concerned about that M Company. So what if a law suit in a dot in the world called Arkansas has been filed. If I had a $1 bill for every law suite filed against Amway I would be a wealthy man. Regards The M company just being a different name for a Company owned by Dallin think Amway, then Quixstar, then Amway Global. AS I have said in previous post..live and let live. Every Company will have distributors who will give it a bad name by actions they take and statements they make, so what, get on with building the Amway business The major thing to remember is that we KNOW Amway is the best and they(all other MLMs) THINK theirs is the best.
And anyway, how any Company can be held responsible for health related claims made by individual distributors is beyond me. Thats like saying Amway are responsible for any claim or statement made by you or I!!

No doubt I will now go into the minus score in reputation mark but that is how I see it.
(2011-10-30, 02:35 PM)roadwarriorone Wrote:
(2011-10-30, 06:04 AM)ss3251 Wrote: A class action lawsuit has been filed in Arkansas against MonaVie. It is on behalf of retail customers and, if I read correctly, distributors are not allowed to be part of the class.

You need to find a hobby like sewing or knitting, something OD build the business to fill your time. Why on earth are you (and others) so concerned about that M Company. So what if a law suit in a dot in the world called Arkansas has been filed. If I had a $1 bill for every law suite filed against Amway I would be a wealthy man. Regards The M company just being a different name for a Company owned by Dallin think Amway, then Quixstar, then Amway Global. AS I have said in previous post..live and let live. Every Company will have distributors who will give it a bad name by actions they take and statements they make, so what, get on with building the Amway business The major thing to remember is that we KNOW Amway is the best and they(all other MLMs) THINK theirs is the best.
And anyway, how any Company can be held responsible for health related claims made by individual distributors is beyond me. Thats like saying Amway are responsible for any claim or statement made by you or I!!

No doubt I will now go into the minus score in reputation mark but that is how I see it.

roadwarriorone, MonaVie is not just "any other company". There is a history, as you well know. And it's personal, with certain MonaVie leaders for example publishing false and defamatory claims about me while I was reporting on the Team vs Quixtar dispute, not to mention the multitude of blogs and videos they setup attacking Amway.

Comparing Amway->Quixtar->Amway to Dallin Larsen's ventures is not even close to fair. Larsen's previous business actually got shut down by the FDA. Neither Amway nor Quixtar ever were.

This area of the forum is for discussing other MLMs, and this is news whether you like it or not, and is being reported on numerous other websites and forums as well.

For those wanting to read the lawsuit, Kevin Thompson has it up on his MLM Attorney website.

The interesting thing is, as Kevin points out, the lawsuit was actually filed almost a year ago! Doesn't sound like the plaintiff's are taking it all that seriously or you think it would have gotten more press.

I was just reporting information for people who might care, as it relates to the business.
I was a MonaVie distributor after Quixtar/Amway. So, it is something I know about, not a hobby...

PS. I was the one who gave you the positive rep point yesterday

(2011-10-30, 02:35 PM)roadwarriorone Wrote: Every Company will have distributors who will give it a bad name by actions they take and statements they make...

You are perfectly right. The question is why do they usually end up in M.? Wink
(2011-10-30, 03:54 PM)ibofightback Wrote: The interesting thing is, as Kevin points out, the lawsuit was actually filed almost a year ago! Doesn't sound like the plaintiff's are taking it all that seriously or you think it would have gotten more press.

I reported it yesterday because yesterday MonaVie sent me the link for the lawsuit along with a copy of an order requiring any documents possibly relating to the lawsuit be saved and not destroyed.
But, then a few hours later the link they e-mailed me was no longer working. They are working again:
Original lawsuit:
http://media.monavie.com/pdf/corporate/O...n_Suit.pdf
Lawsuit to preserve documents:
http://media.monavie.com/pdf/corporate/J...n_Suit.pdf
(2011-10-30, 02:35 PM)roadwarriorone Wrote: Why on earth are you (and others) so concerned about that M Company?

because it provides juicy news!Tongue
(2011-10-31, 04:19 AM)ajgannon Wrote:
(2011-10-30, 02:35 PM)roadwarriorone Wrote: Why on earth are you (and others) so concerned about that M Company?

because it provides juicy news!Tongue

Ha Ha I have missed your ..tasty ..comments on this site . Hope you are keeping well and it is good to have you back

(2011-10-30, 10:54 PM)ss3251 Wrote:

I was just reporting information for people who might care, as it relates to the business.
I was a MonaVie distributor after Quixtar/Amway. So, it is something I know about, not a hobby...

PS. I was the one who gave you the positive rep point yesterday

Thanks for the positive reputation point...i need all I can get.
(2011-10-30, 02:35 PM)roadwarriorone Wrote: And anyway, how any Company can be held responsible for health related claims made by individual distributors is beyond me. Thats like saying Amway are responsible for any claim or statement made by you or I!!

Go ahead - make a silly claim that "Double-X cures cancer".... Amway and the IBOAI will be on you like white-on-rice.

I believe that there are some (perhaps many?) MLM companies that look the other way when their distributors make ridiculous health claims about their products - but for as long as I've known Amway (and that's practically my entire life) - they have always been VERY careful about how their products are represented. Almost TOO careful, IMO.

Here's a little story for the new kids:

We had our own Amway warehouse - anything that was carried in the SA-13 Price List (which probably doesn't exist anymore) - we stocked. We had about $25,000 in inventory at any given time. By law, we had to have MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) pages on all products, which Amway readily made available to us.

Something I have ALWAYS loved about Amway is that they don't do "animal testing". If an ingredient in "Product Z" was a skin irritant as shown on the MSDS, then Amway labeled the product as "potentially causing skin irritation", even though they could have shaved some lab rabbit and proved it WASN'T an irritant because the percentage of that ingredient was so small.

Now maybe that has all changed? - I hope not! I had LOTS of retail customers who used Amway products simply because of that policy.

(2011-11-01, 03:58 PM)Deb Wrote:
(2011-10-30, 02:35 PM)roadwarriorone Wrote: And anyway, how any Company can be held responsible for health related claims made by individual distributors is beyond me. Thats like saying Amway are responsible for any claim or statement made by you or I!!

Go ahead - make a silly claim that "Double-X cures cancer".... Amway and the IBOAI will be on you like white-on-rice.

I believe that there are some (perhaps many?) MLM companies that look the other way when their distributors make ridiculous health claims about their products - but for as long as I've known Amway (and that's practically my entire life) - they have always been VERY careful about how their products are represented. Almost TOO careful, IMO.

Here's a little story for the new kids:

We had our own Amway warehouse - anything that was carried in the SA-13 Price List (which probably doesn't exist anymore) - we stocked. We had about $25,000 in inventory at any given time. By law, we had to have MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) pages on all products, which Amway readily made available to us.

Something I have ALWAYS loved about Amway is that they don't do "animal testing". If an ingredient in "Product Z" was a skin irritant as shown on the MSDS, then Amway labeled the product as "potentially causing skin irritation", even though they could have shaved some lab rabbit and proved it WASN'T an irritant because the percentage of that ingredient was so small.

Now maybe that has all changed? - I hope not! I had LOTS of retail customers who used Amway products simply because of that policy.

Deb I understand what you are saying, we had Distributors taken to task (some lost their distributorship) due to false claims about products, mainly Xs energy drink. Double x, and other various vitamin products. Amway or LOS took whatever steps were needed to stop people making rediculous claims about our products.
I know that all Major MLMs such as Amway...Herb...,Mella...Mona...etc etc do their very best to control the claims made by some of their rogue distributors, so to single out any one particular MLM is in my opinion not the right thing to do. I happen to have very good friends in all of the above businesses and they just like us want all MLMs to grow and prosper.