Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can Amway do this
IBOFIGHTBACK

I was just looking on the AmwayUK/ROI site and was wondering why can Amway sell all of the books that LOS were banned from selling. The books are the same, the cost of the books is the same, the reason for making them available for the distributors is the same, the profit made on the sale of the books would be the same,. So how come Amway can make money from the sale of books but the Leaders who had developed the numbers in his/her group were banned from doing so. Just curious as to hearing your view on this. And also I see the functions/Seminars here with Peter and Eva Muller Meerkatz are now £5 per person. So now AMWAY are making money off the distributors via Books and Functions but the LOS were banned from doing so.
I don't think Amway is selling the books are they? Just recommending them.

Not they couldn't sell them. Like the changes to do with retail sales all just part of the cluster of "undertakings" offered by Amway in a desperate and fear-driven attempt to ensure they had all avenues covered while BERR attacked.

Not that the ban has any legal standing anyway.
(2011-10-17, 08:31 PM)ibofightback Wrote: I don't think Amway is selling the books are they? Just recommending them.

Not they couldn't sell them. Like the changes to do with retail sales all just part of the cluster of "undertakings" offered by Amway in a desperate and fear-driven attempt to ensure they had all avenues covered while BERR attacked.

Not that the ban has any legal standing anyway.

I stand corrected(again) if Amway are not selling the books. At least by promotiong the books and Seminars they realise that TOOLS ie books, CDs, functions are needed to develope people so that they can then develope groups who then can develope Volume. It is my belief that it is the lack of these tools being driven by LOS that is the cause of the slow growth since the moratorium. I notice you made no comment about Amway making money now from Seminars which was a big no no for LOS.
From what I understand field leadership is providing Amway with the book lists.

As for the seminars, no idea if Amway is profiting from them or not. I think their price is inline with (or even cheaper?) than the ones being run by LOAs, which are "required" to be nonprofit.
WGO - Let's deal with your 2 points ;
Books - Amway are not selling books - there is a list on the site that was recommended by the leaders and are available in all good book shops online or offline.
Seminars - When were you last at an Amway seminar - Yes it is true it is £5/€5 per person - previously it was per ABOship - But let's be clear what happened to this money up to now - each ticket has a space on the back for the ABO number and a nominated children's charity - all tickets are put into a box and a draw takes place during the seminar and ALL the money collected for tickets is donated to the charity on the winning drawn ticket.
Now why don't you get your facts right before slating Amway in the wrong.

WGO - Let us deal with your point on LOS - Yager is now holding Amway approved seminars in both England and Ireland with a fee of €10 in Ireland and I believe £10 or less in the UK - I am sure there are other Los seminars being held in UK & ROI - the are also Amway approved LOS open meetings taking place -
So let's get the facts right and be fair to Amway.
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
(2011-10-17, 11:09 PM)RW1 Wrote: WGO - Let's deal with your 2 points ;
Books - Amway are not selling books - there is a list on the site that was recommended by the leaders and are available in all good book shops online or offline.
Seminars - When were you last at an Amway seminar - Yes it is true it is £5/€5 per person - previously it was per ABOship - But let's be clear what happened to this money up to now - each ticket has a space on the back for the ABO number and a nominated children's charity - all tickets are put into a box and a draw takes place during the seminar and ALL the money collected for tickets is donated to the charity on the winning drawn ticket.
Now why don't you get your facts right before slating Amway in the wrong.

WGO - Let us deal with your point on LOS - Yager is now holding Amway approved seminars in both England and Ireland with a fee of €10 in Ireland and I believe £10 or less in the UK - I am sure there are other Los seminars being held in UK & ROI - the are also Amway approved LOS open meetings taking place -
So let's get the facts right and be fair to Amway.

Settle down RW1..I have already stood corrected To Ibofightback (reference Amway selling books) in my previous post. But the fact remains that they know how important it was for the LOS to promote and sell these books to the groups in previous years.
As far as the Seminars are concerned what they do with the profit from the Seminars is irrelevant the fact remains they wanted the LOS to run the seminars with no profit.
You say Yager is holding Seminars in UK and Ireland at £10 or 10 euro per distributor..how are they allowing a USA leader to do that yet they banned UK leaders from doing the same thing.
After what happened with certain people and their businesses, being FAIR to Amway is not on my agenda, I just like things out in the open
WGO - Let's deal with this point and as you say get things out in the open -you said:
"You say Yager is holding Seminars in UK and Ireland at £10 or 10 euro per distributor..how are they allowing a USA leader to do that yet they banned UK leaders from doing the same thing"

Any UK/ROI leader can apply to Amway to have a Seminar or event authorised just like Yager and others do - So again look to the 'leaders' who are not doing this and be fair to Amway and why didn't you answer the question 'When were you last at an Amway seminar'?
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
(2011-10-18, 01:10 AM)RW1 Wrote: WGO - Let's deal with this point and as you say get things out in the open -you said:
"You say Yager is holding Seminars in UK and Ireland at £10 or 10 euro per distributor..how are they allowing a USA leader to do that yet they banned UK leaders from doing the same thing"

Any UK/ROI leader can apply to Amway to have a Seminar or event authorised just like Yager and others do - So again look to the 'leaders' who are not doing this and be fair to Amway and why didn't you answer the question 'When were you last at an Amway seminar'?

RW1 It is over a year since I last went to any other function other than an Open meeting. The reasons are many none of which I wish to mention on here.
Premier Football teams hire ex footballers who have been in the arena to coach inspire manage and motivate players and teams even though they stopped performing years previously. Would it be a good idea to have ex UK Diamonds (never been one from ROI) come in to tell how Diamond was built in UK. They know what it takes to build it HERE not in other Countries.
Dont forget there have only ever been , I think 15 couples that have ever built it to Diamond in UK in over 30 years and that knowledge ,widom experience could be so valuable to people here and now. Just trying to think outside of the box.
(2011-10-18, 03:26 PM)roadwarriorone Wrote:
(2011-10-18, 01:10 AM)RW1 Wrote: WGO - Let's deal with this point and as you say get things out in the open -you said:

RW1 It is over a year since I last went to any other function other than an Open meeting. The reasons are many none of which I wish to mention on here.
Premier Football teams hire ex footballers who have been in the arena to coach inspire manage and motivate players and teams even though they stopped performing years previously. Would it be a good idea to have ex UK Diamonds (never been one from ROI) come in to tell how Diamond was built in UK. They know what it takes to build it HERE not in other Countries.
Dont forget there have only ever been , I think 15 couples that have ever built it to Diamond in UK in over 30 years and that knowledge ,widom experience could be so valuable to people here and now. Just trying to think outside of the box.

I can think of two problems with your idea roadwarriorone which are as follows.

(1) The UK/RoI Amway business plan is not the same as the one before the court case so the mechanics are different.

(2) You would need to go back prior to the introduction of the systems in the UK/RoI as "The Systems" have been outlawed by Amway UK/RoI.

But I would be interested to hear of your suggestions.
To reach your destination take one step at a time - remember they may not all be in the same direction!
(2011-10-18, 06:59 PM)sq1 Wrote:
(2011-10-18, 03:26 PM)roadwarriorone Wrote:

I can think of two problems with your idea roadwarriorone which are as follows.

(1) The UK/RoI Amway business plan is not the same as the one before the court case so the mechanics are different.

(2) You would need to go back prior to the introduction of the systems in the UK/RoI as "The Systems" have been outlawed by Amway UK/RoI.

But I would be interested to hear of your suggestions.

Sq1 (1) It is almost irrelevant about the "how to" every Country has different variations of the plan. Yet still people from Germany and other european Countries are speaking at the meetings here. It is the WHY and Effort and Attitude and emotion and team work etc that are so important
(2) The ex Diamonds in the UK all built Diamond prior to when the huge sysyems took over. They had very few tapes or books in those days.
The managers of the major Premier league teams all played their football 10/20/30 years ago when the game was so very different,yet you can not put a price on their experience and know how. We loved listening to the many different Diamonds that spoke at our functions and it did not matter whose group they came from, thay had achieved what we wanted to achieve and could help us do the same.