Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FAA 65 - Yager Family
[Image: scaled.php?tn=0&server=736&filename=vm6u...&ysize=640]
(2011-10-16, 04:54 PM)ibofightback Wrote: [Image: scaled.php?tn=0&server=736&filename=vm6u...&ysize=640]

It's there everyone - we are all in the same business Big Grin
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
How are the Yagers set up?

Is Dexter and his kids the same IBOship? (if so how does that work, I didn't know a group of people could be an IBOship).

Or did his kids build their own crown business?

I haven't seen any other diamonds who are 'the same business' as their kids, except this one Korean couple in which the son is also the same business i.e. not a downline.

If group IBOships are allowed, then why wouldn't everyone just do that?
(2011-10-28, 03:22 PM)superseiyan Wrote: How are the Yagers set up?

Is Dexter and his kids the same IBOship? (if so how does that work, I didn't know a group of people could be an IBOship).

Or did his kids build their own crown business?

I haven't seen any other diamonds who are 'the same business' as their kids, except this one Korean couple in which the son is also the same business i.e. not a downline.

If group IBOships are allowed, then why wouldn't everyone just do that?

I'm assuming that something as big as Yager's business is set up as a Corporation, to make the succession an easy transition. So the kids are officers of the corporation - but probably have their OWN lines within Dex's downline.

Actually - for "Mom and Dad Amway" to NOT set up a Corporation with "Junior Amway" building his own downline within the original group would be insane! When "Mom and Dad" pass away - Junior will get THEIR bonus as President of the Mom and Dad Corp, plus his own bonuses. Amway has always supported this type of succession.

The thing that can't happen: Let's assume Mom and Dad Amway are Emeralds. Junior falls in love with Miss Artistry, who's an Emerald. Even when they marry - the existing legs can't be combined to make a Diamondship. They are still treated as separate businesses. And if there *somehow* is a migration from one LOS to the other - I guarantee that Amway will be on that like white on riceTongue

I'm still a little confused. However, why wouldn't all Amway kids of people with large business (i.e. EDC+) just merge with their parents as the same business rather than being downlines?

Let me follow what your'e saying:

When "passing" happens, then the successor i.e. the downline gets his own business bonus, AND his parents bonus?

Is this type of setup strictly for family members only?

Also what you're describing sounds like someone is part of two businesses simultaneously. Theirs, and their uplines aka the 'corporation'. So he's crossline and upline to people at the same time?
(2011-10-28, 03:53 PM)superseiyan Wrote: I'm still a little confused. However, why wouldn't all Amway kids of people with large business (i.e. EDC+) just merge with their parents as the same business rather than being downlines?

Let me follow what your'e saying:

When "passing" happens, then the successor i.e. the downline gets his own business bonus, AND his parents bonus?

Is this type of setup strictly for family members only?

Also what you're describing sounds like someone is part of two businesses simultaneously. Theirs, and their uplines aka the 'corporation'. So he's crossline and upline to people at the same time?

You can own multiple Amway Businesses...You don't start multiple ones, but you can buy existing ones from other IBOs. You just have to preserve the LOS, as Deb mentions.

You can combine IBOships, as long as the LOS is preserved...Let's say that, in Deb's example, Miss Artistry, the Emerald, is directly sponsored by you, you can combine your business with hers. You can even do this in a non-marriage situation. Someone recently was recognised as a Crown--they had combined their Triple Diamondship with their immediate downline/family members' Diamondship.

To answer your question: why wouldn't all parents/kids combine...maybe it's a personal choice. Maybe not all parents and kids want to work together like that. Maybe in some cases, there is more bonus money to keep them separate.
(2011-10-28, 04:52 PM)Bridgett Wrote: You can combine IBOships, as long as the LOS is preserved...Let's say that, in Deb's example, Miss Artistry, the Emerald, is directly sponsored by you, you can combine your business with hers. You can even do this in a non-marriage situation. Someone recently was recognised as a Crown--they had combined their Triple Diamondship with their immediate downline/family members' Diamondship.

Are you sure on that? I thought Amway stopped recognitions for merged businesses some years back?
(2011-10-28, 05:00 PM)ibofightback Wrote: Are you sure on that?

Yes--though I'm speaking from a North American perspective only.

It was north america I had in mind. Wasn't there are memo on family business mergers rule changes that came through in the last few months?
(2011-10-28, 08:18 PM)ibofightback Wrote: It was north america I had in mind. Wasn't there are memo on family business mergers rule changes that came through in the last few months?

I don't know. The one I'm referring to happened over a year ago.
And so getting back then to your original inquiry about the Yagers:. I don't know when they started exactly, but the kids, with Dexter and Birdie, have been attending Founders Council events for a few years now.