Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Format
(2011-09-29, 03:22 AM)Bridgett Wrote:
(2011-09-29, 12:57 AM)ibofightback Wrote:
(2011-09-29, 12:45 AM)Bridgett Wrote: So we have to log-in to see anything now. Veddy interesting...

hmm, hadn't noticed that part. I'll remove. I want the non-private forums googleable

Sorry...what I meant to say is that the options to hit "New Posts" and "Active Posts" or whatever they were called, are no longer visible unless you log in.
All of my mail is unread. Do I have to click on each one individually to mark them as read?
Also, it says that 100% of my PM is being used. Does that mean I need to delete some of my messages?

yeah, looks like read mail status didn't transfer, sorry!

I haven't been able to find the setting for how much PM you can store, when I do I'll give you more Smile
Hi IBOFB
I like the look of the new site.
The only comment I have so far is that when there are mutiple posts as above, it is not as clear as on the old site, as to which post belongs to who.
As a suggestion could a change of coloured background for each of the (tabs) instead of white be employed to make it stand out.
Just a thought.Smile

Also can the smilies have names as I cant remember all of them and where have the rest of them gone?
To reach your destination take one step at a time - remember they may not all be in the same direction!
changed it to light yellow for the block quoted. How's that look?
(2011-10-04, 12:09 AM)ibofightback Wrote: changed it to light yellow for the block quoted. How's that look?

Much better! Now the tricky bit. Can you make each quote a different coloured background?
To reach your destination take one step at a time - remember they may not all be in the same direction!
(2011-10-04, 09:51 AM)sq1 Wrote:
(2011-10-04, 12:09 AM)ibofightback Wrote: changed it to light yellow for the block quoted. How's that look?

Much better! Now the tricky bit. Can you make each quote a different coloured background?

Sure, all things are possible - but I'm not going to! That would be way way way too much work.
Yeah...I don't particularly like how the quote stuff looks. The visual of having to read like a circle extending out, rather than typical English reading from top to bottom, is hard enough. Now in this new format, for whatever reason, it is accentuating that kind of visual...

I think I'll just manually code quotes, (and sometimes take out the distracting time stamps) on the right.

Let me try here:

ibofightback Wrote:changed it to light yellow for the block quoted. How's that look?

sq1 Wrote:Much better! Now the tricky bit. Can you make each quote a different coloured background?

ibofightback Wrote:Sure, all things are possible - but I'm not going to! That would be way way way too much work.

(2011-10-04, 05:58 PM)Bridgett Wrote: Yeah...I don't particularly like how the quote stuff looks. The visual of having to read like a circle extending out, rather than typical English reading from top to bottom, is hard enough. Now in this new format, for whatever reason, it is accentuating that kind of visual...

I think I'll just manually code quotes, (and sometimes take out the distracting time stamps) on the right.

Let me try here:

ibofightback Wrote:changed it to light yellow for the block quoted. How's that look?

sq1 Wrote:Much better! Now the tricky bit. Can you make each quote a different coloured background?

ibofightback Wrote:Sure, all things are possible - but I'm not going to! That would be way way way too much work.

Bridgett. Dont know how you did that but it is great, much easier on the eyes to readWink
(2011-10-04, 10:16 PM)sq1 Wrote: Bridgett. Dont know how you did that but it is great, much easier on the eyes to readWink

I prefer the other way. You can see who replied to who if it gets longer.

Soooooo....what's a "reputation: 0" - and more importantly - why do *I* have a "warning %"??? I know I can be a trouble maker - it's why I'm here...LOL!!
Click the "rep" button on a post (a poor label I think) and you can add or subtract from someones "reputation". If people get significantly poor reputations they'll be at risk of banning.

Everyone has a "warning level", and pleasingly we're all still 0%. I might give a 24hr ban for 50%, full ban for 100%. Or something. Smile

So if someone says something I think is uncalled for, or spams, or I'm just having a bad day, I can give you a warning