Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
21% Growth Amway UK
Funnily enough I know some people in those Achievers lists who don't have "english" names and are as english born and bred. I also know some that have extremely "english" names .... but they're immigrants to the UK from South Africa.

Undecided
(2011-09-27, 10:31 PM)ibofightback Wrote: Heard today from a UK source that in Sep-Aug IBO year, Amway UK (not sure if it includes ROI - probably) grew 21% over 2010.

I have not seen anything in print to substantiate this claim.Huh
It may be Chinese whispers of course.Exclamation

Also 21% of what? Profit / Sales / ABO's / Registered Customers / Number of ordering ABO's / Volume of average orders etc. etc.Confused
To reach your destination take one step at a time - remember they may not all be in the same direction!
(2011-10-03, 07:41 PM)sq1 Wrote: Undecided
(2011-09-27, 10:31 PM)ibofightback Wrote: Heard today from a UK source that in Sep-Aug IBO year, Amway UK (not sure if it includes ROI - probably) grew 21% over 2010.

I have not seen anything in print to substantiate this claim.Huh
It may be Chinese whispers of course.Exclamation

Also 21% of what? Profit / Sales / ABO's / Registered Customers / Number of ordering ABO's / Volume of average orders etc. etc.Confused

RW1 I think it is so sad that even now after 30 plus years that the heading of this post is "21% Growth Amway UK".
For years the Diamonds in N.Ireland fought to get UK/ROI included in all letter heading and correspondence but even now ROI is treated as if it does not count.
Or maybe the growth is just in UK??
Is there a European Achieve mag or are there different European Countries included in the UK (sorry in is not UK/ROI in the statement) Achieve recognitions.
(2011-10-03, 10:19 PM)whatsgoingon Wrote: RW1 I think it is so sad that even now after 30 plus years that the heading of this post is "21% Growth Amway UK".
For years the Diamonds in N.Ireland fought to get UK/ROI included in all letter heading and correspondence but even now ROI is treated as if it does not count.

I did the post. Not Amway. I heard this from a person in attendance at a meeting in UK with a top UK achiever. It's thus third hand and why I added that I wasn't sure whether it included ROI. It's more than possible the original speaker said it didn't.

You can't blame Amway for this.

Quote:Or maybe the growth is just in UK??
Is there a European Achieve mag or are there different European Countries included in the UK (sorry in is not UK/ROI in the statement) Achieve recognitions.

UK and ROI Achieve newsletter (it's not a mag, a pdf newsletter) only has UKROI recognitions.
(2011-10-03, 11:31 PM)ibofightback Wrote:
(2011-10-03, 10:19 PM)whatsgoingon Wrote: RW1 I think it is so sad that even now after 30 plus years that the heading of this post is "21% Growth Amway UK".

I did the post. Not Amway. I heard this from a person in attendance at a meeting in UK with a top UK achiever. It's thus third hand and why I added that I wasn't sure whether it included ROI. It's more than possible the original speaker said it didn't.

Total hogwash AmwayUK/ROI is one single market so if your "top UK ( should read top UK/ROI) achiever omitted ROI he/she/they need to be educated.
If however the supposed 21% growth did come from the UK only then that is an awakener for ROI

You can't blame Amway for this.

Quote:Or maybe the growth is just in UK??

UK and ROI Achieve newsletter (it's not a mag, a pdf newsletter) only has UKROI recognitions.

So sorry I said Achieve mag and not newsletter..I consider myself told off.

Question Have you any thoughts as to why there appears that 95% of the recognitions are non English names...the reason I ask is the question is asked of me and I cant argue against it as it is happening that way ..dont get all grumpy and neggy with me it is just an observation that cant be brushed aside.

(2011-10-04, 03:11 PM)whatsgoingon Wrote: So sorry I said Achieve mag and not newsletter..I consider myself told off.

You needn't. It was meant informatively, not critically. It's just a couple of pages in a PDF, nothing like the Amagram magazine, either in paper or PDF.

Quote:Question Have you any thoughts as to why there appears that 95% of the recognitions are non English names...the reason I ask is the question is asked of me and I cant argue against it as it is happening that way ..dont get all grumpy and neggy with me it is just an observation that cant be brushed aside.

Quite possibly because, just like it's pretty much always been, everywhere, immigrants tend to be more entrepreneurial. Almost 1 in 8 people in the UK were born abroad, even more have at least one parent born abroad, even more with a grandparent. That's an awful lot of "non-English" names.

My partner was born and raised in Sweden and has a very non-Swedish surname. I was born and raised in Australia and have a surname that could pass for Swedish.

Does that mean if I'm recognized for Amway achievement here it's OK in your book, but if she is there's some kind of problem?
(2011-10-04, 09:22 PM)ibofightback Wrote:
(2011-10-04, 03:11 PM)whatsgoingon Wrote: So sorry I said Achieve mag and not newsletter..I consider myself told off.

You needn't. It was meant informatively, not critically. It's just a couple of pages in a PDF, nothing like the Amagram magazine, either in paper or PDF.

Quote:Question Have you any thoughts as to why there appears that 95% of the recognitions are non English names...the reason I ask is the question is asked of me and I cant argue against it as it is happening that way ..dont get all grumpy and neggy with me it is just an observation that cant be brushed aside.

Quite possibly because, just like it's pretty much always been, everywhere, immigrants tend to be more entrepreneurial. Almost 1 in 8 people in the UK were born abroad, even more have at least one parent born abroad, even more with a grandparent. That's an awful lot of "non-English" names.

My partner was born and raised in Sweden and has a very non-Swedish surname. I was born and raised in Australia and have a surname that could pass for Swedish.

Does that mean if I'm recognized for Amway achievement here it's OK in your book, but if she is there's some kind of problem?

Fair comment. ..I do not have a problem with your thoughts on that subject. But really my question is why do you think Amway UK/ROI does not seem (according to recognitions) to be attracting English/UK/ROI people at this time....yet non-english..as you call it..seem to be building it ..a bit. There must be a reason as 5 years ago there were very few "non-English" involved in the business here in UK/ROI
By the way, I was not aware that 1 in 8 people in the UK were born abroad, that is amazing.
(2011-10-05, 10:47 AM)whatsgoingon Wrote: Fair comment. ..I do not have a problem with your thoughts on that subject. But really my question is why do you think Amway UK/ROI does not seem (according to recognitions) to be attracting English/UK/ROI people at this time....yet non-english..as you call it..seem to be building it ..a bit. There must be a reason as 5 years ago there were very few "non-English" involved in the business here in UK/ROI
By the way, I was not aware that 1 in 8 people in the UK were born abroad, that is amazing.

Assuming you're correct about 5 years ago (no idea, haven't checked, but I'm aware confirmation bias can always subconsciously affect our views) I can think of a couple of factors.

The problem of current levels of unemployment is one - in tough times it's harder for immigrants to get good jobs, even well educated ambitious ones, so they're forced to look for alternatives, and are more open to those alternatives.

This also means immigrants who were existing ABOs may also have been more likely to hang on to Amway rather than quit when BERR came along.

Another issue, as always with Amway, is leadership. Frankly I don't think there was that much leadership going on in the UKROI prior to the BERR case (either from ABOs or the company). ABOs that were actually capable of leading were often focused on international markets rather than UKROI.

Post BERR much of the home-grown UKROI leadership was gone, and the whole case pretty much forced other (particularly European) leaders with business in UKROI to pay attention. They did, and I think for some it was treated much like a new market opening - find contacts through your existing local networks and then sponsor them in the "new" market.

I would just like it to be noted that in my opinion the UK/ROI for Amway is a sleeping giant. There is no doubt in my mind that with the proper leaders the potential is awesome. IBOFIGHTBACK..we have had a few disagreements on your site, but I hope you know that they have been born out of frustration as it was so very hard to watch the heart being ripped out of our business in 2007. So I hope there are some IBOs out there who can dream big enough to awaken the giant and then do what the leaders here did 25 years ago and that is to sell out to their dreams.
I will continue to say what I see and hope it is not taken in the wrong manner
WGO - I wouldn't have it any other way - I hate people who beat about the bush. I agree with on one very important point - to move forward to the higher levels we have to sell out to our dreams. I have spoken recently to some of the pre 2007 silvers and above and some of them feel they want to give it another go but can't find the spark to ignite the engine again. In a few cases it is spouse related and in other cases it is isolation.
In my case I have it figured this way; If it's going to be done, I have to do it, plough the lonely furrow of leadership while staying in touch and responsive to the needs of others both inside and outside the business. There are many distractions and not enough LOS events for association - we need association of like minded people - this is one of the glues that bind a group.
So I'll keep ploughing the lonely furrow and very soon I believe I'll meet other ploughmen & women.
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life