Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
military members
I just read UCMJ Article 92 and Joint Ethics regulation DODD 5500.07 and I can't find anything that says you can't be an IBO, not unless you're ordered not to anyway.

Which section says that?
I don't know what section
but as of this time. I have been given a General letter of reprimand.
As a reservist I have been told that I can't talk to other soldiers in my unit or any soldiers on active duty about the Amway Business. I registered IBO that is in the Reserves and even though I was not on orders and he was not on orders they came after me with that one also. Every member of my chain of command knew I had an Amway business. I meet with jag again tomorrow.
At the very least I can be a warning for other service members.
Unless there's something else relevant I think they're screwing you over. The reg you gave says ... "not participate personally and substantially as part of their official DoD duties"

Obviously of course you can't and shouldn't use rank to influence or intimidate someone either.

I suppose it's as Amway says - they recommend getting permission first to avoid problems. That tells me it's not against regulations, but some folk don't like it so they'll give you a hard time anyway.
any lawyers out there that would like to get a read on this and let me know I have 3 days left
You need a military lawyer
I have one a JAG lawyer
so is there a way to get someone banned and not allowed to ever be able to become an IBO again? the question is because of a lie on a sworn statement. the person lied and said that he didn't know it was Amway.

We all know that the registration form has Amway all over it. Just a question for future ? Confusedcratch:
sgtmadmax Wrote:the person lied and said that he didn't know it was Amway.

We all know that the registration form has Amway all over it. Just a question for future ? Confusedcratch:

Did this person get in the business? Otherwise, how would he know what is on the registration form.

When did you tell him it was Amway? In the initial contact? Before showing the plan? Or did you drop it at the end of the plan?
yes he is an IBO .

I tell every one its Amway upfront. That way if they are not interested I stop talking to them about it. I told him the first time I talked to him and every time after that prior to registering him . My son was there and is an IBO and wrote a statement that said that on the night I registered him that I must have said it twenty times. And after registering him I told him that he would need to print the registration form he would have to and fax it or scan it and email it to Amway. I had him do his research prior to registering him so if he had any question prior to wanting to register I could answer them and if he wasn't interested I would stop talking to him about the Amway Business.