Hello There, Guest!

•  Previous
  • Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profit
I think we should give Tony a little break here.

The Amway business is presented as a way to make money, and a way to make a LOT of money. So isn't it natural for prospects, or distributors, to ask for solid answers?

Imagine you are looking at a new car that is supposed to get 100 miles per gallon. The salesman tells you that he owns one. Isn't it natural to ask him what kind of mileage he gets on HIS car? What would you think if he started getting very evasive and did not answer you question?

If someone is trying to sell you a franchise based on how much money you could make, wouldn't you want to speak to a few people who had done it?

That is the same smart business question that any person would ask before buying a business, investing in an high yield investment or buying an expensive 100 mile per gallon car.

Anyway, Tony, I don't believe you question is out of line. But the fact is that out of the dozen or so people who post here regularly, many are not in your market. So the results here really don't tell you much.
MichMan Wrote:I think we should give Tony a little break here.

The Amway business is presented as a way to make money, and a way to make a LOT of money. So isn't it natural for prospects, or distributors, to ask for solid answers?

Sure, if they're sensible ones

Quote:Imagine you are looking at a new car that is supposed to get 100 miles per gallon. The salesman tells you that he owns one. Isn't it natural to ask him what kind of mileage he gets on HIS car? What would you think if he started getting very evasive and did not answer you question?

How is that relevant? Not even remotely the same.

Quote:If someone is trying to sell you a franchise based on how much money you could make, wouldn't you want to speak to a few people who had done it?

Yup, but why would you go somewhere where you wouldn't expect to find many, if any, rather than go places where you know they are supposed to be?

Quote:Anyway, Tony, I don't believe you question is out of line. But the fact is that out of the dozen or so people who post here regularly, many are not in your market. So the results here really don't tell you much.

bingo! Tony has access to the income disclosure statements where can learn about incomes, the Amagram recognitions where he can learn about the people succeeding, and invitations to all the seminars, where he can meet and speak to people who are making money. For some reason he has yet to explain, he's not attempting any of that.

(for the record, I've made more than that a month from Amway, just not in the UK, and I'm sure there's other contributors here who can similar)
Tonybaloni Wrote:Whilst I am trying my hardest to remain positive I must admit I am struggling a little. Not one person has been able to post on here that they are ideed making my goal of £500 per month, If I read correctly Amway UK are not making a profit or if they are know one knows about it.

Hi Tony :hello:

I am in the UK and have been an Amway IBO for 29 years now so I can input my 2 pence worth.
No I am not making £500 a Month but I have never set a large monetary figure as a goal. All I wanted in the beginning was to cover my mortgage of £33 per month and my Amway Business did that for me. Whatever anyone else’s goal was or is or are achieving is totally irrelevant to me. Cool
What I do know is that if you do not quit and you follow the plan the potential is there for you to make whatever you set as a goal. :good:
The biggest mistake you made was to quit first time around. :blackeye:
Winners never quit. :yahoo:
But this great Business Opportunity allows people to have a second, third or however many attempts they want. :good:
Study the plan, put it into operation and never NEVER quit :duel:
I once heard that if you do not achieve your goal by a specific time, the goal is not wrong only the timing. So just reset the time and push on. :grin:
Remember Rome was not built in a day.
However if there are only 49 people in the UK making £500 a month then you can be number 50 Cool
To reach your destination take one step at a time - remember they may not all be in the same direction!
MichMan Wrote:Imagine you are looking at a new car that is supposed to get 100 miles per gallon. The salesman tells you that he owns one. Isn't it natural to ask him what kind of mileage he gets on HIS car? What would you think if he started getting very evasive and did not answer you question?

Michman is right...to a degree.

It is not unexpected someone would ask these kinds of questions; there is an (inaccurate) "feeling" that such details matter.

But, reality says I get 60 to 90 mpg gallon in my car, and reality is that few other people will, and the reality is the car is not rated that high, officially.

So, the *potential* IS there, but personal results are in no way influenced by those facts, except to the extend what is "possible" is understood.

What I achieve and what the "officials" say you can achieve means absolutely, positively nothing. YOUR activity is all that matters, all other things being equal.

In Amway, some people profit, some don't, some make a ton, some make little, and some *lose* money, in every case, directly related to the things they do and the ways in which they do them.

In ANY market where Amway currently operates.

So, you are right...to be harsh on Tony or his prospects for the questions they have is somewhat unfair.

To point out the inaccuracy in the thought process isn't.
You know, if you think about it, this is exactly like a job where doing the work would be optional.

The boss outlines how much you make for doing *whatever*, leaving the option to do anything at all up to you.

There are no limits imposed, nor mandatory effort demanded.

You do this, you will get that...period.

In what circumstance would knowing how much profit the company made or how much other employees made influence the "you do this, you get that" relationship?

Keeping in mind we are not selling widgets for which there is no known market or perceived value.

In the spirit of Michman's comment, if the company was selling Go-Go Berry juice extracted from the anus of a certain aphid in South America, claimed (but not proven) to stop water from being wet at room temperature and with the ability to allow you to not only discern individual grains of sand at 20 yards, but count them with your eyes closed...we'll, I might want to know how well the business and it's sales-force are doing, too - especially if the juice didn't do "that much" for me...

But, health, beauty, and nutrition products from one of the largest, scientifically supported, and well-established manufacturers/suppliers; selling everything from poo-paper to eye-liner, in a very big way, well-documented, and world-wide?

Let's just get BUSY!
I like your creative examples, Wearyeyed! :grin:
[attachment=0]

Attached Files

.jpg   Aphid Anus Juice.JPG (Size: 26.24 KB / Downloads: 150)
We may stump "Ads by Google" with this one! Big Grin
Bridgett Wrote:[attachment=0]

That's was some funny s... (pun intended!)

Serious, though...that was really funny...
Wearyeyed Wrote:
MichMan Wrote:Imagine you are looking at a new car that is supposed to get 100 miles per gallon. The salesman tells you that he owns one. Isn't it natural to ask him what kind of mileage he gets on HIS car? What would you think if he started getting very evasive and did not answer you question?

Michman is right...to a degree.

It is not unexpected someone would ask these kinds of questions; there is an (inaccurate) "feeling" that such details matter.

But, reality says I get 60 to 90 mpg gallon in my car, and reality is that few other people will, and the reality is the car is not rated that high, officially.

So, the *potential* IS there, but personal results are in no way influenced by those facts, except to the extend what is "possible" is understood.

What I achieve and what the "officials" say you can achieve means absolutely, positively nothing. YOUR activity is all that matters, all other things being equal.

In Amway, some people profit, some don't, some make a ton, some make little, and some *lose* money, in every case, directly related to the things they do and the ways in which they do them.

In ANY market where Amway currently operates.

So, you are right...to be harsh on Tony or his prospects for the questions they have is somewhat unfair.

To point out the inaccuracy in the thought process isn't.

Thank you for your help. However I feel that this guy IBO fightback is most unhelpful I would like to thank everyone for their input. He does not seem to realise that I like many others got in Amway to make money. I see it as a business. Not a job. I have spent hours reading the posts on this forum and I have noticed that this guy seems to be a bit of a fanatic. And has little grasp on reality of the business here in the UK. I think it is more than just reasonable for a prospect to ask these questions its vital.

and as for this statement "It is not unexpected someone would ask these kinds of questions; there is an (inaccurate) "feeling" that such details matter."

inaccurate ? I think I best leave this forum now before you guys ruin any chance I have. If you believe that a simple thing like making a profit from your business is something that don't matter then God help us.

Goodby.
  •  Previous
  • Next 
  •