Hello There, Guest!

• Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Profit
Hi everyone I am speaking to a prospect at the moment who has asked me what profit Amway made last year in the UK. I cannot find these figures anywhere can anyone help me please. :confused:
Tonybaloni Wrote:Hi everyone I am speaking to a prospect at the moment who has asked me what profit Amway made last year in the UK. I cannot find these figures anywhere can anyone help me please. :confused:

I think Amway only produce turnover figures - a private company doesn't have to declare profits - That's a kind of a non question your prospect is asking - find the real question :grin:
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
RW1 Wrote:That's a kind of a non question your prospect is asking - find the real question :grin:

+1

While it "might" be fun to know, it is beside the point of what is "possible" for a person considering the business.

In fact, the answer is directly related to what a business owner actually does, so regardless of the answer, if we'd like to see it higher, do more, and if it's "high enough" (whatever that is), then get busy making it higher... Wink

Ranks right up there with, "What do YOU make?"

Just doesn't matter IF one understands one's OWN position in the scheme of things...

Consider at *some* point there was NO profits, then someone got busy.
Not even as simple as that. From an owners perspective I expect what is most important is how much money Alticor Global Holdings Inc is making, not how much an individual subsidiary that buys virtually all of it's products and services off sister companies is making. Indeed it might even be financially prudent for the company to be making no profit or even a loss.
Reminds me of the "critics" who seem to think a low tax bill is proof an Amway IBOs business isn't successful.
ibofightback Wrote:Not even as simple as that. From an owners perspective I expect what is most important is how much money Alticor Global Holdings Inc is making, not how much an individual subsidiary that buys virtually all of it's products and services off sister companies is making. Indeed it might even be financially prudent for the company to be making no profit or even a loss.

It is a sign of a healthy company if it makes a profit. Amway UK did not make a profit for many, many years. But the way Amway and the AMOs did business there gave the appearance of prosperity. If I recall, after several decades in operation there were only a couple of people making over 100k, even though they were still selling the 2-5 year plan to Diamond. The other (former) Diamonds and (former) Emeralds were faking it. And Amway was keeping this UK operation afloat with profits from Korea. Those are not signs of a healthy operation.

Today, ibos can look a prospect in the eye and have confidence that the operation is running correctly. Amway may not be making money yet, but they should be on the right track.
MichMan Wrote:It is a sign of a healthy company if it makes a profit.

Sure, but not making a profit is not necessarily a sign of an unhealthy company. When you're running multiple companies and susbsidiaries across international boundaries it can even make sense to have an individual company making a loss.

Quote:Amway UK did not make a profit for many, many years. But the way Amway and the AMOs did business there gave the appearance of prosperity. If I recall, after several decades in operation there were only a couple of people making over 100k, even though they were still selling the 2-5 year plan to Diamond. The other (former) Diamonds and (former) Emeralds were faking it. And Amway was keeping this UK operation afloat with profits from Korea. Those are not signs of a healthy operation.

That's more information than just profitability Smile I don't think there's too many folk who disagree with the assessment that Amway UK was not managed well. (though in the interests of partisanship I'd like to point out that *all* of the "making money" examples given by the court, bar one (and they got kicked out), was from within one group, and their "selling example" also did not misrepresent the model.

Quote:Today, ibos can look a prospect in the eye and have confidence that the operation is running correctly. Amway may not be making money yet, but they should be on the right track.

I agree with #2, still not quite on board with #1 yet, but that's an Amway Western Europe thing. Still feels a bit like Amway US 1990's to me.
Whilst I am trying my hardest to remain positive I must admit I am struggling a little. Not one person has been able to post on here that they are ideed making my goal of £500 per month, If I read correctly Amway UK are not making a profit or if they are know one knows about it.
Tonybaloni Wrote:Whilst I am trying my hardest to remain positive I must admit I am struggling a little. Not one person has been able to post on here that they are ideed making my goal of £500 per month, If I read correctly Amway UK are not making a profit or if they are know one knows about it.

So let me get this straight. Amway UK recognizes multiple new achievers at high levels every single month, but you think what is important is if one of the two or three Amway UKROI people who are active on this site are?

Really?

There are people building successful Amway businesses in the UK, and the Amway business is growing in the UK, and globally.

It's undoubtedly much easier to find some excuse not to do the same as them than it is to actually do the same as them.

Just like everyone else, it's your choice which you do.
Tonybaloni Wrote:Whilst I am trying my hardest to remain positive I must admit I am struggling a little. Not one person has been able to post on here that they are ideed making my goal of £500 per month, If I read correctly Amway UK are not making a profit or if they are know one knows about it.

IBOFB covered it well, but I'll go a step further and say either you figure-out the struggle is 99.9% in your head, or you don't and continue to focus on not only the things that *don't* matter, but those same things over which you have no control.

And, if you it makes you feel better, that applies to most of us, including me. Wink

Welcome to the club, and now that the "problem" is on the table, what are YOU going to do about it?

'Cause that is ALL that matters, and the ONLY thing you can control.
  • Next 
  •