•  Previous
  • Next 
  •  
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brig Hart/MonaVie article-Yikes!
SEEKING CLARIFICATION

Bridgett wrote this:
I would disagree that the TEAM exodus had anything to do with the changes. They left in response to the changes that were starting to unfold.
I do think though that, the sheer numbers of who left, combined with the Corporate platforms on the Internet which existed at the time (the Alticor blog, Opportunity Zone's various blogs ) exposed the "sheltered" atmosphere of many LOAs and the dangers--such as relying solely on one's LOA for information. And the power struggle which existed between the Corp and some LOAs.

Then Deb said this:
I'm about 99.9% certain the changes were underway within the IBOAI before the Great Exodus. That's why the tool mongers were so unhappy

Then ibofightback said this:
The problem I have with that theory is that at the time TEAM was kicked out, they pretty much were running the IBOAI. Remember how p***ed they were at Quixtar renaming to Amway? That happened *before* they got kicked out.
Changes like accreditation had started to happen, but I think they were more triggered by Amway UK than anything else. The TEAM exodus I think made corporate realise how they really had to "reconnect" with the field, how there were a large large body of IBOs who had a very little attachment to Amway/Quixtar, they were part of TEAM or BWW or Internet or N21 - not part of Quixtar. But what do you expect if you have virtually no communication with them?

In summary:
I think Deb is agreeing (with me) that the changes started happening before TEAM left.
I think ibofightback is disagreeing (with Deb) that such changes occurred with the IBOAI. And is saying that they occurred within the Corporation.
I think ibofightback is agreeing (with me) that IBOs were too insulated within their LOA.
I got a kick out of the contacting script.

Quoted from the article Bridgett posted at the start of this thread:
Hart advised them to say: “We’re taking this nutritional beverage to market called MonaVie. It’s changing people’s lives. People are drinking it, feeling it, sharing it, seeing results. Back pain, neck pain, psoriasis, da, da, da. When you hear — diabetes, that type thing. And people are seeing amazing results, and they’re paying ridiculous amounts of money to people to market it. Give me your credit card and Social Security number. I’m gonna bless ya.”
"Give me your credit card and Social Security number"? Confusedhock: That's going for the jugular.

The weather is finally nice here in Michigan. I saw a good-looking woman with nice legs wearing a skirt walking down the street yesterday. Using the Hart model for contacting, I should have asked her to marry me. :thumbsup:
And there's all those health-related claims. :doh:
That article gives me hope. If Mr. Hart can make that big of an income, and be that goofy, then I think I've been making this business out to be more difficult than necessary.
ajgannon Wrote:And there's all those health-related claims. :doh:
That article gives me hope. If Mr. Hart can make that big of an income, and be that goofy, then I think I've been making this business out to be more difficult than necessary.

I was just thinking today about a post or note in FB about this very phenomena, based on my recent interest in a book called "Bumfuzzle."

Without going into detail, the author makes the comment, "So many people spend so much time preparing that they never get around to "doing." (paraphrased)

I can't speak for anyone else, but I can say he is right on the money for me...
ajgannon Wrote:And there's all those health-related claims. :doh:

don't let it give you too much hope. There's lots of ways to make a big income if you don't care whether you break the law or not.
Bridgett Wrote:In summary:
I think Deb is agreeing (with me) that the changes started happening before TEAM left.
I think ibofightback is disagreeing (with Deb) that such changes occurred with the IBOAI. And is saying that they occurred within the Corporation.
I think ibofightback is agreeing (with me) that IBOs were too insulated within their LOA.

yup. Amway UK was a wake up call. Take control of your company or someone else will.
Wearyeyed caught the spirit of my post. :good:
I don't have any intention of being weird or breaking the law.
Wearyeyed Wrote:Without going into detail, the author makes the comment, "So many people spend so much time preparing that they never get around to "doing." (paraphrased)

John Maxwell puts it another way - "the greatest gap in life is between the knowing and the doing"

@AJ - my earlier comment was more directed at Mr Hart than you!
ajgannon Wrote:I saw a good-looking woman with nice legs wearing a skirt walking down the street yesterday. Using the Hart model for contacting, I should have asked her to marry me. :thumbsup:

...only AFTER you first see how much open credit is left on her credit card.
Bridgett Wrote:I think ibofightback is disagreeing (with Deb) that such changes occurred with the IBOAI. And is saying that they occurred within the Corporation.

(Being very careful about what I say here - the following is my opinion) I met with Jody in May of '08. By that time, the IBOAI had accumulated a mountain of 4" thick ring binders against certain AMO members who had been terminated for Rules violations. Because some of those certain people had been members of the IBOAI - there had been efforts put forth for a long time, to resolve the problems verbally, amongst friends, etc. The IBOAI didn't want to terminate one of their own - but eventually - they had no choice. Friendships/fellowships were set aside in favor of doing what was right for the Corporation and the IBOs.
  •  Previous
  • Next 
  •