Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Judgment Day" has to recalculated...to Oct. 21
Weary - you're a sailor. It's all about the isobars, Baby!!! :yahoo:
Deb Wrote:Weary - you're a sailor. It's all about the isobars, Baby!!! :yahoo:

True, true, Deb!

About the only kind of "bar" I'm fond of.... Wink

And, coincidentally, I just came in from a one-hour brain-fart, wherein some part of me thought a 50lb piece of styrofoam with 55-square feet of sail area (in the form of a Sunflower 3.3) in variable winds gusting to 23mph was a good idea...

Wifey got wet....
ROFLMAO!!! Like thistledown in a hurricane....

I SELL those - they'll happily sail in 3 mph winds. I took a Sea Skimmer (also a Snark) out in 15-18 mph, and it eventually dumped me. I bow to your sailing prowess!!! :hello:
Deb Wrote:ROFLMAO!!! Like thistledown in a hurricane....

I SELL those - they'll happily sail in 3 mph winds. I took a Sea Skimmer (also a Snark) out in 15-18 mph, and it eventually dumped me. I bow to your sailing prowess!!! :hello:

Hmm....I need a new mast...(the first "unrecommended" excursion in high winds last year - of which I apparently remember little - was not kind to it)...maybe a road-trip is in my future?

Good news is we *almost* death-rolled today, but didn't spill.

Just took on a little water to add to our already over-capacity ABS-shelled "floatation" device with a sail... Wink
Wearyeyed Wrote:
Deb Wrote:ROFLMAO!!! Like thistledown in a hurricane....

Hmm....I need a new mast...(the first "unrecommended" excursion in high winds last year - of which I apparently remember little - was not kind to it)...maybe a road-trip is in my future?

Good news is we *almost* death-rolled today, but didn't spill.

Just took on a little water to add to our already over-capacity ABS-shelled "floatation" device with a sail... Wink

Let me know - I'm headed there probably next week to pick up some boats....