Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP
Hi I have re joined Amway after a break having been encoraged by the recent changes. I have been struggling on now for a few months and on reflection I cannot say I find it any better this time around. I admit I am a little disapointed. The products are cheaper, yet I still struggle for orders. I fear I have made the same mistake again. I feel that the basic problem is that not enough people buy the products to make a distributor enough money to make a decent income without sponsoring huge amounts of people . I have sponsored 15 people so far and it still is not generating enough volume. How many people do you think I need to sponsor to get a modest 500 pounds income per month. Is there anyone here in the UK earning 500 pounds per month ? how many do you have in your team ? how long did it take you ? :banghead:
You can personally move enough products to make the income you desire without sponsoring anybody. (a lot of work...)

You can also sponsor a thousand people and not make any income if nobody moves products. (very frustrating...)

A strong/profitable business will have both personal product movement and sponsoring.

I don't know your personal situation, but...
You might want to refocus some of your energy into learning to better move products and teaching the people you have already sponsored to do the same, instead of continuing to sponsor people who aren't moving products.

Check with your upline for more specific counsel.
Its not that initialy I did not move products I did, however repeat orders are very few and I have to chase people for orders. This has also happened to the people I have sponsored. I must admit I would like to speak to someone who is earning about 500 pounds per month as I cant find anyone. My Sponsor tells me he isn't and no one in his team is and he has 35 people, they cant all be doing it wrong. I just want some confirmation that its being done and how long its taken people. I would apreciate it if someone on here can help.
ss3251 Wrote:You can personally move enough products to make the income you desire without sponsoring anybody. (a lot of work...)

You can also sponsor a thousand people and not make any income if nobody moves products. (very frustrating...)

Keeping in mind that the act of sponsoring is not somehow "less" a strategy than simple retail...you could have a few dozen folks sponsored that move a little product FOR THEIR OWN REASONS which could be more profitable than having only a few dozen registered "customers" who never buy anything.

SS is right on the money when he talks about balance...but balance is not just regurgitating a mantra of "retailing AND sponsoring," it's the act of identifying and then serving people who will be active as IBOs, customers, or both...and that's the real "work."

People who will buy regularly as retail customers or IBOs AND people who will buy and sell regularly as IBOs are out there, the obstacle you face is to stop focusing on your talent for finding those who are none of the above. Wink

IMHO, the biggest reason for failure - when one focuses on financial results alone - is focusing on those results you are getting, but don't want.

You can do that if you want; those results are just as real as any other, but they are not the optimal thing to spend one's energy on, because you will NEVER have more people participating in your business than aren't, even when you have as big a business as you would want.

Think about it.
Tonybaloni Wrote:Hi I have re joined Amway after a break having been encoraged by the recent changes. I have been struggling on now for a few months and on reflection I cannot say I find it any better this time around. I admit I am a little disapointed. The products are cheaper, yet I still struggle for orders. I fear I have made the same mistake again. I feel that the basic problem is that not enough people buy the products to make a distributor enough money to make a decent income without sponsoring huge amounts of people . I have sponsored 15 people so far and it still is not generating enough volume. How many people do you think I need to sponsor to get a modest 500 pounds income per month. Is there anyone here in the UK earning 500 pounds per month ? how many do you have in your team ? how long did it take you ? :banghead:

Hi Tonybaloni - One of the drawbacks in our market UK/ROI is the fact that you can sponsor any amount of people because it's free to join the Amway business in UK/ROI -
What line of sponsorship are you in [You don't have to say here if you don't want to] talk to your active upline and see what they recommend - this is always the first course of action.
The UK/ROI market is seeing fantastic growth - so a good balanced business should provide the results you require.
Hang in there. :thumbsup:
'The only way I can succeed in business is to proactively do something for 'MY BUSINESS' every day'
I look to the Future - for the Future is where I'm going to spend the rest of my Life
Wearyeyed Wrote:Keeping in mind that the act of sponsoring is not somehow "less" a strategy than simple retail...you could have a few dozen folks sponsored that move a little product FOR THEIR OWN REASONS which could be more profitable than having only a few dozen registered "customers" who never buy anything.

Wearyeyed,
Just to clarify, this is a UK/RoI market thread. "Moving product" outside of retailing would make little sense if one also didn't retail, since in this market, you must have retail volume in order to get the IBO Cost/Suggest Retail differential back on "moving product" such as your personal use items.
Bridgett Wrote:
Wearyeyed Wrote:Keeping in mind that the act of sponsoring is not somehow "less" a strategy than simple retail...you could have a few dozen folks sponsored that move a little product FOR THEIR OWN REASONS which could be more profitable than having only a few dozen registered "customers" who never buy anything.

Wearyeyed,
Just to clarify, this is a UK/RoI market thread. "Moving product" outside of retailing would make little sense if one also didn't retail, since in this market, you must have retail volume in order to get the IBO Cost/Suggest Retail differential back on "moving product" such as your personal use items.

Aside from the benefit one can claim on their own purchases, we, too, must have retail volume outside IBO purchases, if we are to enjoy any other available benefit; retail volume is not - and shouldn't be - something to be ignored or avoided in any market.

As such, nothing I said is exclusive of the rules; if you don't meet minimum requirements, my commentary obviously doesn't apply.

And, if you ARE meeting the minimum requirements wherein my comments *would* apply, they remain 100% accurate.

Just to clarify.
@Bridgett

Besides, in ANY case, a few dozen folks sponsored that move a little product for their own reasons WOULD be more profitable than having only a few dozen registered "customers" who never buy anything.

Just maybe not for the business-owner who created that kind of structure... Tongue
Wearyeyed Wrote:Aside from the benefit one can claim on their own purchases, we, too, must have retail volume outside IBO purchases, if we are to enjoy any other available benefit; retail volume is not - and shouldn't be - something to be ignored or avoided in any market.

In the U.S./Canada, we need to have retail volume in order to earn the Performance Bonus differential between our group volume bracket and a leg's bracket. We don't however, like the UK/RoI market, have to have any retail volume in order to receive personal use products at IBO cost.

An IBO in the North American market with zero business activity level has the benefit of paying IBO cost for products.

In the UK/RoI market, ABOs pay full Suggested Retail price for their products for personal use. Is it only when they fulfill the required retail volume that they will receive a "rebate" (Suggested Retail minus ABO Cost) on their personal use consumption.
Wearyeyed Wrote:Aside from the benefit one can claim on their own purchases, we, too, must have retail volume outside IBO purchases, if we are to enjoy any other available benefit; retail volume is not - and shouldn't be - something to be ignored or avoided in any market.

Sorry, should have read: "Aside from the benefit one can claim on OUR own purchases..."

I am aware of the differences.